Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142311 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge ROUND 2
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2008, 08:15:17 am »

Damn, sorry I missed the first rounds, the forum wasn't letting me connect for the past few days.... I'll post my turn soon, just as soon as I read what has happened up to now

Edit: Ok, I'll post two turns incase I get any problems with the forum again:

1. I study the art of forging and smithing, specifically weapon smithing, to be able to make useful stuff for my allies and me.

2. I climb up the stairs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:31:19 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2008, 08:31:26 pm »

Turn 2
I instead search for weapons on this turn
3. You find a small club (+1 damage against small creatures).

I find something that I can sharpen into a dagger and do so.
3. You find a wooden amulet and sharpen it into a makeshift dagger (+1 to damage while sneaking).

I learn to temporarily reverse gravity on objects, people, and myself.
4. You snatch a magic book out of one of the monk's hands and read it for a while. You now have weak gravity manipulation.

I attempt to eat Fortuna Aurea.
2. You gnaw on the amulet for a bit but Cyx quickly pulls it away from you.

I attempt again to find the monks who know something about fighting, and learn from them. If at first you don't succeed...
2. You wander around the room, but quickly get lost in an area filled with artifacts and fancy decorations. You find your way out but still can't find any monks.

I go around ask and study to learn how to increase my healing power.
4. You talk to some monks and learn more about healing. You will start gaining bonuses at the next level.

Alright fine, instead of the box..I practice necromancy.
5. You find a dusty, black book in a corner of the room and read it to learn necromancy. You now have average necromantic powers (you can control 1 minion, you will gain bonuses at the next level).

I practice yoga to work on my agility.
6. Entering a trance, you develop your own form of yoga and teach it to several monks. You come out of the trance far more agile than before (+1 movement, +1 dodge when wearing only clothes).

Seeing as I'm now some sort of cleric, I attempt to continue my prayer and attune myself with Ecid further, hopefully allowing me to draw more power for my resurrection magics.
1. Ecid is angered, partially randomly and partially due to you repeatedly asking him for things. He curses you (-1 to all actions next turn).

I climb the stairs to get to the next level
I guess I'll go to the next floor as well. This place is good for preparing, but we can use some action.
I follow Sean and Akroma.
I follow the figures of Akroma and Sean up to the next level, pulling out another cig and lighting up as I do so.
Akroma = 3
Sean = 4
Cyx = 6
Devath = 5
The four of you climb up the stairs, with Cyx in the lead because he's felt a burst of courage. Akroma looks down and realizes that you're on a thousand foot tall spiral staircase in the middle of a room filled with sharp objects to fall on, but Cyx grabs her hand and helps her continue up.

At the top of the staircase, there is a simple wooden door. You open it and walk through, with the monks and your friends below cheering you on, and are surprised to see a dense jungle filled with trees and plants and small animals. It is lit by some unknown means from above, but you can't see what it is due to the mysterious presence of clouds. You sense something magical about the place.

(Luck=2) Looking around, you see that the plants have thorns and the animals don't look friendly. It seems that they'll leave you alone if you don't provoke them, though. Some of the thorny branches resemble the golden statue that you saw qwertyuiopas hit his hand on. (Observation=6) You hear the trumpeting of some large animal a distance away, and see something you identify as elephant tracks on the ground nearby.

I study the art of forging and smithing, specifically weapon smithing, to be able to make useful stuff for my allies and me.
2. You search the room for books or monks that could help you with weaponsmithing, but can't find anyone.

Event Roll time!
6. The people in the forest turn around as they hear a noise behind them. The head monk walks up to them, wielding a quarterstaff. Behind him is an apprentice wielding a pair of daggers.

"We've come to help you," the head monk says. He then realizes that it was probably obvious, so he continues. "It is shameful that none of our monks have attempted the climb to the top of the tower while several strangers have taken the challenge. We wish to make up for the cowardice of generations of monks."

The head monk and his apprentice are now your allies. Some rules on dual wielding will be added in the rules post.

Status
Spoiler: This is pretty long (click to show/hide)

Artifacts
Spoiler: Fortuna Aurea (click to show/hide)

Locations
The First Floor: A lavishly decorated temple to the god Ecid. Monks are walking around busily.
The Second Floor: A dense jungle filled with many slightly hostile plants and animals.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:13:17 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:26 pm »

I ascend the stairs.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 22, 2008, 08:59:43 pm »

That link to the rules post doesn't go anywhere.

Action:
I run around, looking for a backpack and quarterstaff, and if I find them, I politely ask for them from their owners, perhaps offering to teach them yoga as payment.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 22, 2008, 09:12:16 pm »

I fixed the link, and added a rule for allies. I'll update Mulch's status to show how many minions he can control as well, since that's limited by his skill.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:36:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #575 on: October 22, 2008, 09:45:17 pm »

I practice, using gravity to assist me as I head towards(then up) the stairs.
Eh?
Eh!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2008, 10:00:17 pm »

Gravity manipulation might sound like telekinesis at first, but it has different capabilities. With gravity manipulation, you can do stuff like make your armor lighter to take a dodge penalty off for a couple turns. With telekinesis, you can slam someone with pure force. They can both get items from a distance, though.

I guess they could crosstrain, since they're real similar.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »

bollocks, I still have a headache? bugger it, I walk up the stairs this turn, blowing up stuff can wait.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2008, 11:40:25 pm »

I hope your here to answer this pengy :P What exactly can I do with necromancy? I kind of want to turn my left hand skeletal, with so many clerics around if I accidently kill myself I should be fine..probly. But if I did that, what powers would my hand have? I think it should increase my necromanic abilitys and allow my hand to do things, perhaps, some sort of blite touch and bone spikes that come out on command?

er, my previous post where I said I wanted to gain magnetic abilitys, ignore that. I now want to walk up the stairs and cut my hand slightly on wooty's dagger so it bleeds but wont kill me. =] Hopefully I get rp xp? :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:42:03 pm by Mulch Diggums »
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 23, 2008, 12:11:42 am »

I practice bowmaking, using my sword and any nearby tree.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 23, 2008, 12:48:44 am »

That was inconvenient.  Oh, well.
I attempt to walk up the stairs, and, if possible, study what powers have been granted to me in an attempt to better understand and perhaps use them.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 23, 2008, 03:30:32 am »

I practice pyrokinesis while blowing smoke rings.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 23, 2008, 04:00:04 am »

UP YOURS.

Stupid headache.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 23, 2008, 04:36:25 am »

I scream JUMANJI !!!!!!!!!  hoping it will make the entire jungle and all animals in it disappear.

I ask the monks to help me, assuring them I know what I am doing
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 23, 2008, 05:21:49 am »

well if you screw up, I'm glad I'm down here, is all I can say.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 108