Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142042 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2008, 04:33:42 pm »

Using the solar panels on my ghost jetpack, I supercharge it with the huge amounts of sunlight coming from the supernova and help blast us off into somewhere far away where Akroma can't kill us all.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:35 pm »

I attempt to access Poltifar's systems and prevent the nanobots from attacking organic material (E.G me!)
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2008, 05:13:11 pm »

Oh, yeah, Jetman. I forgot about those. Let's roll those attacks for you.

4. You manage to evade getting too much damage from them.
5. You convince them that you're not as much of a threat. They'll only attack you once per turn now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

Ah cripes,well ehm... no worker robot,no electricity manipulation,game starting to end... I create a deathray cannon capable of vaporizing adamantine.(Sorry Poltifar and jetman,I was actually going to send my worker bot into poltifar to up your survival rate,but now someones gotta win.)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 27, 2008, 06:42:06 pm »

Oh, it's a fight now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2008, 08:05:49 pm »

Then again,they are hurling themselves at Jupiter,If the crash doesn't kill them,the gravity will.

Maybe I should have just sipped a martini instead.Oh well,I'm sticking with the death-ray plan.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2008, 08:33:50 pm »

I believe they're hurling themselves away from Jupiter.

That is, if something horrible doesn't happen.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2008, 09:13:20 pm »

I attempt to imbue my dirty underwear with nanobot-repelling powers. (Not nanobot-deactivating, just nanobot-warding) Can I put them on in the same turn? If that's possible, I'll do that.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 27, 2008, 10:11:32 pm »

I guess I'm counting on their failure.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2008, 11:29:54 pm »

i bet both Wooty AND me will get a 1...
Antimatter chain reaction vs. Supernova! :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 28, 2008, 12:11:05 am »

I possess the fabric of the spacetime continuum.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Cyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 28, 2008, 05:36:46 am »

Yeah, let's get out of the way. I help Poltifar with my awesome ghost powers.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 28, 2008, 08:42:36 am »

Oh god, guys, this turn is chaos. Sixes everywhere.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 28, 2008, 08:44:19 am »

;D
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 28, 2008, 09:01:28 am »

Important: Can everyone see this? Because I might rip off Sean to save space in things like item descriptions. I might also use it to hide rolls if people want that.

I try to break the first law of thermodynamics, expanding endlessly, consuming the entire galaxy in a burning hot flame
6. Oh damn.
Poltifar, you guys have about three seconds to get out of here. I'll roll for you guys first out of mercy.

I activate my cross quantum-antimatter warpdrive booster engine, and bend space and time to propulse me to a far away galaxy. (maybe some help would be useful?)
Using the solar panels on my ghost jetpack, I supercharge it with the huge amounts of sunlight coming from the supernova and help blast us off into somewhere far away where Akroma can't kill us all.
Yeah, let's get out of the way. I help Poltifar with my awesome ghost powers.
Wooty
3. You start pulling with your ghost jetpack, but only manage to help a little (+1 to poltifar's roll if he gets a 1).
Cyx
6. You supercharge Poltifar with your ghost energy and redirect all the energy in both of you to his antimatter engine (+2 to his action, -1 to your action next turn, -1 to his action next turn, nanobots are turned off this turn).
Poltifar
4+2=6. I'll do this in a sort of dramatic paragraph combining everyone's actions.

Akroma breaks a fundamental law of physics and continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, quickly consuming the rest of the solar system. Poltifar the ship, with the help of Cyx and Wooty, charges up his antimatter engine and blasts out of the solar system with Akroma's expansion less than a mile behind him (that's not that much space in space).
Wooty looks over his shoulder and sees that Akroma is gaining on them, so he mumbles to Poltifar, who does the closest thing a ship can do to nodding his head and increases speed. With a huge flash, they break the speed of light and teleport into another galaxy, leaving behind a black hole, which Akroma somehow consumes and destroys.

Akroma, you just have to sit around and wait until you consume the universe. Poltifar, you guys are in the coolest nearby galaxy I could find on Wikipedia: The Pisces Dwarf Galaxy. Akroma will "arrive" in five turns. Akroma, I think that means you're breaking the speed of light too.

Let's see if I can defy the power of common sense. I help Akroma in her plight, but secretly use her success (if it happens) to break the law of conservation of energy as well, and generate a godawfully large amount of neutronium right in the center of her.
5. In the center of the super-star you create huge amounts of neutronium, which collapses under its own weight and creates a supermassive black hole. Akroma is so powerful she starts to absorb the black hole.

Ah cripes,well ehm... no worker robot,no electricity manipulation,game starting to end... I create a deathray cannon capable of vaporizing adamantine.
2. You look around and notice that you don't have any suitable materials in your little sphere.

I attempt to imbue my dirty underwear with nanobot-repelling powers. (Not nanobot-deactivating, just nanobot-warding) Can I put them on in the same turn? If that's possible, I'll do that.
1. You attempt to make the nanobots repelled by the underwear, but they become irresistibly attracted to it and crawl all over it. They become nano-underwear (while worn, they damage you every turn, but you also deal a small amount of damage with every successful block). You don't put them on yet.

I possess the fabric of the spacetime continuum.
6. You fade and spread throughout the universe and take complete control of the space-time continuum. You can now freely alter the laws of physics, within reason. You still need to roll for them. And you haven't possessed probability, so you can't alter the rules. I wouldn't let you even if you did possess probability.

BET YOU GUYS A NICKEL THERE'S SOME ERRORS IN HERE
Jetman123: Naked. In Poltifar. Holding nano-underwear (takes damage each turn, damages on blocks). Medium bleeding.
Wooty: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. Holding a small wooden dagger. Has a ghost-jetpack. Clinging to Poltifar.
SHAD0Wdump: Naked. Slightly transparent (+1 to hiding). Broken leg (-1 movement). Slightly agile (+1 to dodge attacks that start combat). In a pocket dimension. Burned.
Poltifar: A small adamantine rocketship. Fireproof. Has cleaning nanobots that attack all organic material. Exhausted (-1 to next action).
Akroma: A supernova. Rapidly consuming the universe.
Cyx: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. In Poltifar. Exhausted (-1 to next action).
Devath: The space-time continuum.
Sean Mirrsen: A ghost.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108