Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108

Author Topic: Penguinofhonor's RTD ROUND 2 Turn 31.5 Help update the statuses! (12/15)  (Read 142046 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Penguinofhonor's Roll to Dodge
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2008, 03:57:24 am »

Red giant? wouldn't that be big enough to reach and consume the Sean? Sean, i hope you have some sort of propulsion system ready...
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:42 am »

I might get a form of asbestos plating. :) If all else fails, I'll develop gravity manipulation powers and turn myself into a black hole. Speaking of which, I will survive being burned by a red giant, though thoroughly roasted, but if Akroma gets a 6 she'll go nova, and THAT might hurt.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:56:09 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2008, 04:54:04 am »

Akroma is a she, and if she goes nova then she'll die.

After all, you die when you explode.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2008, 04:57:20 am »

Well, she might die, but that won't stop the explosion from more or less destroying the inner planets. Jupiter might be safe, but everything within the asteroid belt is going to be history.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2008, 05:08:45 am »

when a sun gets a nova, it starts expanding, and then collapses into a white dwarf

a white dwarf is so radioactive, I could turn myself into a radiation golem
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2008, 05:17:53 am »

Not to mention you'd be a dwarf. We could easily lure you into a deathtrap with a burning sock, or scare you away by projecting a hologram of a giant carp.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2008, 01:23:47 pm »

Correct, only Jetman and Shadowdump are able to win this. The winner gets to automatically get a spot in the next round, and they get lots of praise. I guess I'll play this out after one of them dies.

Also, Cyx, Devath, and Jetman are missing. Maybe I should have waited a bit to post this turn, but whatever.

I'll try to form a gravitational anomaly around myself, making the magma cool down like a shell, some half a mile away from the actual surface. While I'm at it, I form the cooling magma into a large crater around the crystal laser cannon.
3. You harden magma into a crater around the laser cannon, but can't get much to happen elsewhere.

oh and thanks Wooty for the help. I switch to my nuclear fusion engine and boost myself all the way to Mars's orbit!
I help pull Politifar into orbit (or BEYOND!)
Wooty
5. You fly down and grab onto poltifar, pulling him up away from the Sean. He gets a +1 to his action.
Poltifar
5+1=6. You blast your way into space, with wooty clinging on to you. You fly past mars and see Jupiter looming up ahead. Its huge gravitational pull is pulling you towards it.

Alright,next on my plans I attempt to materialize a worker robot that will obey any command I make,even in other dimensions.
1. You pull out some chunks of metal and attempt to charge them with your electricity powers, but you do something wrong and get shocked (burned) and lose your electricity manipulation.

I attempt to merge with the original sun, turning myself into a red giant
6. Oh damn, not again. These always happen at the wrong time.
You fly into the other sun and merge with it, causing you to go supernova. You expand rapidly, consuming Venus, Sean, and Mars. You get to stay like this for one turn, then you become a white dwarf at the end of next turn.
Sean looks around and finds that he's a ghost again.

BET YOU GUYS A NICKEL THERE'S SOME ERRORS IN HERE
Jetman123: Naked. In Poltifar. Holding ugly underwear. Medium bleeding.
Wooty: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. Holding a small wooden dagger. Has a ghost-jetpack. Clinging to Poltifar.
SHAD0Wdump: Naked. Slightly transparent (+1 to hiding). Broken leg (-1 movement). Slightly agile (+1 to dodge attacks that start combat). In a pocket dimension. Burned.
Poltifar: A small adamantine rocketship. Fireproof. Has cleaning nanobots that attack all organic material. Being pulled into Jupiter.
Akroma: A supernova. Rapidly burning out.
Cyx: A ghost. Has weak matter manipulation. In Poltifar.
Devath: A ghost.
Sean Mirrsen: A ghost (spooky).

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2008, 01:37:07 pm »

now I need another 6, seriously

I try to break the first law of thermodynamics, expanding endlessly, consuming the entire galaxy in a burning hot flame
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2008, 01:48:45 pm »

Well, it was fun while it lasted. The only sad thing is that I didn't get to use my lazOr cannon. :P

Let's see if I can defy the power of common sense. I help Akroma in his plight, but secretly use his success (if it happens) to break the law of conservation of energy as well, and generate a godawfully large amount of neutronium right in the center of him.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2008, 01:58:21 pm »

defying sheer madness with common sense? hahahahahahaha

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:45 pm »

No, I shall defy common sense with sheer stupidity. Common sense would tell me to possess, let's say, Uranus, but that's an awful pun and I won't use it. :P

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2008, 02:51:49 pm »

i guess i was extremely lucky to get a six (with Wooty's help), otherwise we'd have been vaporized along with Mars...
Jetman, Cyx, and Wooty, how about we all work together to keep Jetman alive, just for the heck of it? or, we could try to revive Cyx and Wooty, and continue our battles on some far away planet (far, far, FAR away planet :P)

my action: I activate my cross quantum-antimatter warpdrive booster engine, and bend space and time to propulse me to a far away galaxy. (maybe some help would be useful?)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2008, 03:18:05 pm »

Akroma, you have taken back your title of Master of Chaos. Congratulations.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2008, 04:01:15 pm »

poltifar, do you really think you should use an anti-matter engine ?

you know, matter, anti-matter, collisions, explosions...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2008, 04:10:24 pm »

I don't think it really matters much in RTD. :P

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 108