Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest  (Read 26598 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 09:33:23 am »

You got a point there.

Anyway, I'm not posting yet, but I've expanded the wall and started on my secret project as well. It's cleverly hidden, too >:3
if it is well hidden we just need to destruckt anything and kill anyone wich can be implayed in your project :D i see it will be a really funni going nowhere fortress of paranoia  8)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 11:24:02 am »

Hehehe...  The soapmakers must die!!!

(Actually, I don't think soap making works in this version, so...)

I plan on (once this finishes up) doing a comprehensive write up of just how it all went down, because I can imagine this is gonna be hilarious.   And if not, I'll spin it so it IS hilarious.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2008, 07:52:08 am »

http://boksi.sitesled.com/madmenregion-sum-204.zip

Third year:

First entry: The ninja/non-ninja conundrum
Our goals have been stated. Also, apparently one of my competitors has begun the construction of a large tower, going as far as to leave notes stating that there's nothing at all there. This is quite a conundrum. It reminds me of this one problem: if a person wears a shirt with "not a ninja" written on it, there's a roughly equal chance of that person being a ninja and not being a ninja. Nasty conundrum, huh? The only real solution is to just ignore it, I found. Anyway, I'm planning for my own project, as well as expanding the wall. At least it wasn't broken down, but I've realized it doesn't include a source of wood. Or a source of water. Grave news indeed. At least previous turns have created some things I can use to my advantage...

Second entry: Power
Ah, this is the life! In only a few days, our dwarves have erected an amazingly large portion of the wall in less time than it took to build the original ones. My other side project progresses at a slower pace. But there is no such thing as overkill! Encircle the entire area! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

As a plus side, it'll drain resources that my competitors might otherwise use. And I won't be needing much in the way of stones for my secret project, so it's a win-win situation, really.

Third entry: Just when it was getting good...
ELVES.

AND A LACK OF BOOZE. IDIOTS.

Fourth entry: Batman!
Turns out a normal dwarf can easily rip a batman to shreds so long as he gets the jump on the thing. Also, goblin snatchers. They run away as soon as you find them, so nobody lost.

Fifth entry: We have struck another useless migration wave!
I count the following:
1 Woodworker
1 Bowyer
1 Carpenter
1 Fishery worker
1 Fish Cleaner
1 Animal Caretaker
1 Animal Trainer
1 Hunter
1 Herbalist
1 Planter
1 Furnace Operator
1 Armorer
1 Weaponsmith
1 Woodcrafter
8 Peasants

Wow, that's 22 dwarves. We're 71-dwarf strong now, and Iden has become our new mayor. I guess we'll have to pander to him now... Well, we've got a bunch of new military recruits and some possible siege operators.

Sixth entry:
Well, that's it. Summer is here. Heh. They'll never figure out what my secret project is! HAHA!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2008, 02:09:14 pm »

1st of hematite

It's summer again which means it is my clans turn again to rule. this time I have been send away with a mission to fulfill. I do not expect to finish it this year so I will have to hide it well.

5th of hematite

This tower with the note bugs me. the last ruler may have let it stand but I will take precautions. I have ordered the lowest level deconstructed and then the tower will come crushing down.

7th of hematite

2 lazy peasants were killed because they were standing under the tower when it fell.

3th of malachite

we had a ambush today. 3 people were killed.

14th of hematite

I have started work on my project. It is coming along nicely

2th of galena

today two dwarfs died of dehydration. only i have no idea where they are or how they exactly died. very mysterious.

1st of lime stone

well my rule is over. 7 dwarfs died and 1 tower has been destroyed. I hope the next ruler will make some extra bedrooms because we need about 20 more

save

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2008, 04:46:55 am »

So my automn spirit can take over once again the fortress ... it is automn 202 ... whait a minute 202? i was pulled over a time-space hole and gone back in time? please nice spirit of summer take me back in the good year ... (could you post the recent save please :P)
edit a i found it ... it was a mea culpa ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:15 pm »

School? :<

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2008, 04:31:17 pm »

School or Spore, one of the two.

Possibly both.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2008, 12:54:29 am »

none of them ... too many dwarfes and to low fps ... i tryed almost anything :( ...
and those other mad-dwarfes planned even a water fall ...:( i think if i don't kill some dwarf's it will never go for me but i don't wan't to kill dwarfes for that ... are there someone how could replace me (i will PM the quest)
Mohreb el Yasim

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 02:51:16 pm »

I've got a quick enough computer, but I've never shared map-files and my connection is sloooooow. So it's an option!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »

ok so i will messege you the quest and then you can go on
Mohreb el Yasim

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 04:27:11 pm »

OK, here we go.
Its going to take four days to orient myself. I like the bedrooms though.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 05:46:44 pm »

I like the bedrooms though.

Ooh! Ooh! My design, my design!

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2008, 05:56:16 pm »

They give the dwarfs the smallest amount of space while still being neat.
OK, the season's done. Now the tricky part of uploading the save.
Tah Dah!

An uneventful autumn, with no sieges, ambushes and only two thieves. The mountainhomes extended their bearded influence, and left with a more than fair wage. I mostly bought (and requested) food and drink, but also stocked up on cut gems, thread and leather, in case of moods. Speaking of, we have a new willow and shell bracelet, a legendary woodworker, and craftdwarf's workshop (we didn't have one? who hates peasants so much?).
Now, every dwarf has a bed (some are empty, in case of pregnancies), the mayor's rooms are less scummy, and we have a main entrance fitting for our stature as a fortress.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:21:27 pm by Skizelo »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:31 am »

As my leading of the fortress begins again, i am told that somene had taken it upon themselves to collapse my meaningless tower built out of boredom and managed to kill 2 peasants while they were at it. That worked out better than i thought it would. I also notice that some idot has piled all the useful skins from butchering in the refuse pile to sit and rot. I'm setting up a tannery next to the butcher to stop this nonsense.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:26:16 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2008, 12:10:06 pm »

I also notice that some idot has piled all the useful skins from butchering in the refuse pile to sit and rot.
That was totally me. In my defence, I built that butchery (and assigned that butcher), so now only the skins are going to waste.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12