Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest  (Read 26591 times)

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Madmen- Sucsession Contest
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2008, 05:05:27 pm »

logbook of Iluogo, miner

today starts my season to rule again. I have watched the other leaders and am now confident that I will bring the honor to my clan. The last ruler decide there was wealth to be found in socks and mugs. SOCKS! The only real wealth lies underground in minerals and metals. I have looked down the shaft of the chasm and saw the appealing look of silver there. That will be my goal for this reign. extract the silver from those veins and start a metal industry!

9th of hematite

I have just started my reign and I'm already bothered by foolish duties as trading. The foolish humans have come here to steal the treasures we delve down deep in the earth.

12th of hematite

I have just finished trading with the humans. I have given them all the mugs and socks (which don't even fit them. Surely this proofs how foolish these creatures are) we had for some booze and leather. Also i found some platinum bars between the goods they had. I have seized them for they could only have been stolen from fellow dwarfs

13th of galena

Today  I was mining a cassiterite vein together with trusty Melbil, but suddenly Melbil started muttering things and ran of to seize a masons workshop. He started grabbing stones and a turtle shell. then he went to work with them. This can only be the work of evil spirits possessing Melbil. Maybe this is a warning we shouldn't delve to deep.

17th of galena

Melbil finally came out of the workshop together with a quern. It must have been a very strange spirit possessing Melbil to make a quern.

18th of galena

I have ordered some silver to be smelted and silver warhammers made. This way the recruits will be able to train without smashing each others brains out.

21th of galena

today i was taking a walk outside pondering over how to give our military some armor.We hadn't found any hematite or other iron ore in the mountain yet. I am sure there is some to be found but I have yet to find it and I haven't gotten a lot of time. we did find large amounts of cassiterite. if just had some copper we could make pretty decent bronze armor. while i was thinking about it in the corner of my eye i saw something sparking in the wall. I, never leaving my pick at home, immediately started mining it and I soon got a big chunk of copper ore in my hand. It is a pity that I do not have the time to make the armor but at least my successor will be able to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
the map

save file

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2008, 06:16:56 pm »

*grins*  Oh my...

I haven't finalized who's getting what assignments yet... but I'm getting close.  This is gonna be great...

Oh, and a hint will go out to whomever deconstructs Boksi's wall.  Just for my entertainment.

(such.. Anger...)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:18:56 pm by kurisukun »

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 03:33:45 pm »

hi all i think it is my turn now i would just know why iluogo calls the save season5? he was the 6th one no?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 03:56:44 pm »

hi all i think it is my turn now i would just know why iluogo calls the save season5? he was the 6th one no?

Yup, it's your turn, and it is season 6, and I didn't notice him call it season 5.  Not that it matters.  ^__^

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2008, 05:08:13 pm »

So a new automn has passed in our fortress, this place my not be so nice like we tougth in the begining, a goblin snatcher(Snodub) tryed to kidnap one of our kids. Bad timing, bad timing like we can see here the guards of the montainhomes caravan have killed him quite fast after he tried to enter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Other notable changes:
-Made a small jewelry industrie based on raw glasses, so we can make nicer mugs for our fidel merchantes,
-barak over the entrence is finished with a good sigth for shooting to the entrence.
-made a nice silver statue in yich we can put some gems to make a nice dining room.
save

Ps.: if it wouldn't be 24 o clock i would more writen but the most important is that the game is going and soon we can begin our "competition ;)"
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2008, 09:53:15 pm »

I have the save and will be working on it. I guess the madness can begin soon.

Edit: Please note that it's 'in character'. It's not personal.

Hmm, winter again. Looks like that useless wall cropped up again. Don't they realize that any threat can just go up the slope and AROUND the wall? Ugh. Looks like i'll have to finish the job for them instead of just removing the reminder of idiocy. Some dwarves...

Looks like another idiot was in charge of preparing our meals. The fools have bought cats instead of trapping the vermin for axillary food. To offset the lack of verminous snackage, they've taken to cooking our booze. ALL of our booze. They had our workers running out to the brook and getting chased around by chasm creatures. A puppy was killed by a batman that had been chasing a mason. I'll resist to urge to butcher the damn feline since the others seem to lack the intelligence to manage trapping.

Wait, why are these metal veins only partially mined out? Our miners are skilled enough to not waste an once. It's a travesty.

Barely into the first month and the others are already driving me mad....

MUST FIX WORKSHOPS ARGH. MeTals-cRaftEr tAkE braSs. BarS. TWo oF dEm. TAKe oVa dE fORgE. LoOk oF fEy. OnLy dWarF sPeAk sEnsE. ReST tOk gIbBeRisH.

MeTa-cRaFta mAkE bRaZz PuZl-bOX. EnCirLe wIT brAZz. HaV pIKtUrE oF dA kInG. CrAfTA nO sPeAk sEnz aNymOrez. I is saDz.

WhO lEt dA d0Gz oUtz? Oh yEaHz, iZ mEh. TelLz oNe-A dEh gReEn dWarvEs tO tRaInz deM. I nEvaH nOtiZed dEh hAz cOl0Rz bE-4.

I've been informed that i've spent the last month or so in an unintelligible state. Strange, i don't remember ranting and raving. Must be the worker's imaginations running wild. One of our wrestlers gave birth while wrestling, made for a funny story. Oh, i also removed a few glass statues that had been placed in the barracks, the wrestlers were complaining about bumping into them while sparring. For some reason i appear to have misplaced dA the statues. Hmm.

Another wrestler gave birth today. What with all the clothes strewn around the barracks, i wonder whether they're actually sparring up there... Maybe i should join the military...

Heres the save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=503

Lets get this madness started!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:20:59 am by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:30 am »

PMs with Goals have been set out.

Lets get this party started.   Looks like we have a good group, no less.  ^___^

I look forward to the results.  (If anyone has questions about their task, PM me.)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:15 am »

homework. Two single-page essays. One in English, the other in Danish, of all things. Won't complete my turn today unless I'm lucky. Or decide to be a cheap bastard. Admittedly, it's hard to be a cheap bastard when you can barely form coherent sentences, which is about the limit of my danish-speaking ability...
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:59 am »

Oh trust me Boksi, I know how it is.

I got to write a paper in Jappanese.  ><

Why do ya think I'm just running the thing?  ^_~

iluogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2008, 08:53:09 am »

Boksi, have you started yet or are you still busy with your essay?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2008, 12:20:36 pm »

I've started. Still in Granite though, but that will change. That will change.

That will change.

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 03:20:20 pm »

Boksi Cancels make a good normal respectable dwarven fortress:  Taken by a Mood
Boksi has been possessed!!!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 03:46:35 pm »

Oh no, no, no.

You've got it all wrong.

It goes like this:

Boksi Cancels make a normal dwarven fortress: Taken by Mood
Boksi lets out a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:18 pm »

Boksi cancels make a normal dwarven fortress: 'Normal' fortress undefined.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2008, 09:22:30 am »

You got a point there.

Anyway, I'm not posting yet, but I've expanded the wall and started on my secret project as well. It's cleverly hidden, too >:3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12