Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349143 times)

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #960 on: December 13, 2008, 09:01:42 am »

Quote from: Toady on Dev_now
8 left of what I'm doing now, 250 worth of wounds and health care concerns, 29 on descriptions and some skill/att stuff, 65 on venom, 165 for map features, 260 for entity positions, 195 for squads, and 75 for random crap and tests.

What are these "Map features" ?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 13, 2008, 09:09:24 am »

Quote from: Toady on Dev_now
8 left of what I'm doing now, 250 worth of wounds and health care concerns, 29 on descriptions and some skill/att stuff, 65 on venom, 165 for map features, 260 for entity positions, 195 for squads, and 75 for random crap and tests.

What are these "Map features" ?

I guess Toady means these on "map features":

Maps and Sites
I.A: Make caves and the underground more interesting
I.B: Remove good/evil regions and add more specific associations instead, requires some of the Creature Improvements below to flesh it out
I.C: Graveyards and other burial arrangements with associated fun stuff

..and perhaps?:

Caravan Arc Preliminaries
I: Store resource counts at sites, controlled by map properties and world gen professions, and in armies
III.B.1: Addition of bandit groups which harass caravans

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:14 am »

*Beaten.

We don't know exactly which will make it in, but Toady added this to the list of what to work on next after the Underground Diversity thread in the suggestions forum consistently got votes for his attention.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 13, 2008, 01:27:15 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, Toady, where in NH did you live? I'm from the Conway area.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 13, 2008, 01:36:57 pm »

Currently it is impossible. Which is why the development of a fix for that would be grand.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=18742.msg184960#msg184960

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20389.msg217645#msg217645

begs to differ, but I have no experience, haven't ever went onto a glacier yet
Ice blocks, yes. Buckets of water, no. Buckets of ice, no.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 13, 2008, 02:16:42 pm »

Looks like he's done with the boring stuff!  Pre-wounds compilation indeed!

I was expecting it to be at least a couple days longer, especially with the weather.  Sweetness.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 13, 2008, 03:37:37 pm »

1039. Fixed up a problem with fish stockpiles, god form selection for flying ones, creature placement in hostile environments vs. caste, caste litter sizes, some skill availability stuff, updated safe temperature stuff, placed totem flags on bodyparts so it knows which ones can make totems.

Any idea what this might be? Or is it a typo?

It was hinted at that I should post this here instead of in a new topic. ;)
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 13, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »

It was wondering that too... manifestations/incarnations of deities?  That's what it sounds like, but holy crap.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 13, 2008, 03:40:39 pm »

oh boy, I can't wait for the new wounds
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 13, 2008, 03:51:51 pm »

It was wondering that too... manifestations/incarnations of deities?  That's what it sounds like, but holy crap.

Holy carp! fish, flying, gods.... The world-eating space carp!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2008, 05:45:01 pm »

I think that's just the description of the god. You know, how we currently get gods of mountains who are mountain goats, we'll be able to get gods of sky or wind or whatever that are birds or dragons or whatnot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 13, 2008, 06:31:14 pm »

It would be interesting if we had gods and spirits who built their own bodies to suit their particular deific style out of parts of other creatures. That way we could get some really weird Old testament angel/ chimeric/ lovecraftian gods who decided that what he really needed was 100 wings and 100 eyes to watch and go anywhere. Just wait until the more prolific ones start having kids, things man was not to know getting to know us too well?
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 13, 2008, 07:23:07 pm »

It would be interesting if we had gods and spirits who built their own bodies to suit their particular deific style out of parts of other creatures. That way we could get some really weird Old testament angel/ chimeric/ lovecraftian gods who decided that what he really needed was 100 wings and 100 eyes to watch and go anywhere. Just wait until the more prolific ones start having kids, things man was not to know getting to know us too well?

Look at this:

DEITY: Have religions in the game correspond to forces or deities and let you play one and do whatever you like, possibly restricted by your defining characteristics and geography.

This feature will be extremely cool, too bad that it won't be implemented only after the v1.0 dev. cycle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 13, 2008, 08:03:28 pm »

Originally the difference between a god and a force was supposed to be the level of sentience between them.

Forces were supposed to be in effect gods with the mind of an animal so to speak.

The Latest Threetoe story though kinda throws that away

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
« Reply #974 on: December 13, 2008, 08:46:27 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, Toady, where in NH did you live? I'm from the Conway area.

Holy crap, Toady's in NH? That's both cool and terrible - cool, because I live in NH, and terrible, because that ice storm was fairly devastating to southern NH.  I myself am without power and won't be getting it back until mid-week or later.

On the plus side, I did get awesome photos like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope Toady's safe, warm and has electricity...
Derp.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 148