Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 148

Author Topic: The NEW Future of the Fortress  (Read 349154 times)

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW Future of the Fortress
« Reply #945 on: December 13, 2008, 01:06:30 am »

Hey, another Ontarioite here (in Ottawa).

Freezing rain sucks majorly. A little bit isn't too bad, but wait until you get 3 straight days of it and all your trees and powerlines come a-tumbling down.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 13, 2008, 01:07:46 am »

Hey, another Ontarioite here (in Ottawa).

Freezing rain sucks majorly. A little bit isn't too bad, but wait until you get 3 straight days of it and all your trees and powerlines come a-tumbling down.

Not to mention taking a drive through it feels like playing Russian Roulette! (though as I said, my powerlines cannot go down)

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 13, 2008, 01:21:45 am »

Sometimes our power lines get knocked out by AIDS.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 13, 2008, 01:28:11 am »

Wow, I am surprised that they caught an immuno-deficiancy disease

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 13, 2008, 02:37:23 am »

Yeah, I'm super psyched about non-flesh animals.  Maybe I'll try my hand at modding.  Robot world!  Terminator!  Probably could mod in the Aliens from the movies, too - acid blood, super strong carapace, etc.  It will be sweet.

Vanilla game sounds like it will be improved, too - Bronze Collossi will be intense if you can find them.  Nothing to be trifled with.

Also I'm really looking forward to the new stats, and the whole 'if you don't use it you lose it' with stats/skills and such.

You could have a fungusman who drops rare seeds when he dies,  or more realistic treants. Fill in those terrifying biomes with maddening creatures like monsters made from blood(ONLY blood).

A blood-only creature would probably just melt to death, unfortunately.

The obvious solution is to give it an exoskeleton made of scabs.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 13, 2008, 03:09:06 am »

Surprisingly common where I live. Amazing things can happen with one in 17 have the damned thing.
 But technically that would be a computer virus that targets antiviral software on the government power management computers.

And ontopic: "...some of those ice/water problems should be handled."
 What does this entitle, exactly? Specifying water to be used in reactions? Ice in reactions? We can use buckets in reactions now? Can we fill specific containers with reactions? Do reactions care for things inside containers now?

ANSWER THE DUKE-O-TRON NOW AND RECEIVE A PRIZE!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:13:28 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 13, 2008, 03:09:35 am »

Is Toady implementing vermin chewing through barrels and creatures escaping weak cages right now, or merely providing the groundwork so they can do so in the future?

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 13, 2008, 03:26:04 am »

Surprisingly common where I live. Amazing things can happen with one in 17 have the damned thing.
 But technically that would be a computer virus that targets antiviral software on the government power management computers.

And ontopic: "...some of those ice/water problems should be handled."
 What does this entitle, exactly? Specifying water to be used in reactions? Ice in reactions? We can use buckets in reactions now? Can we fill specific containers with reactions? Do reactions care for things inside containers now?

ANSWER THE DUKE-O-TRON NOW AND RECEIVE A PRIZE!

I thought I saw something on modding forum about ice being usable in reactions, but don't take my word for it!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 13, 2008, 03:27:56 am »

Currently it is impossible. Which is why the development of a fix for that would be grand.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 13, 2008, 03:49:48 am »

Currently it is impossible. Which is why the development of a fix for that would be grand.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=18742.msg184960#msg184960

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20389.msg217645#msg217645

begs to differ, but I have no experience, haven't ever went onto a glacier yet

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:23 am »

Perhaps my failure to understand a joke has to deal with my lack of Iron-E in my diet.

Luckly I can just carve some out of your statement it is so thick! :D

Note: The general tone of my statement is friendly.

My joke detect-o-meter must be broken. :-[

The core is an amazing comedy though.
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 13, 2008, 06:19:17 am »

I remember some years ago when the power went out on a perfectly clear day in the early summer.  They were chopping down trees to get them away from the power lines so that they wouldn't fall in the winter storms, and guess what!
Generally no power problems now that I live in civilization, though last winter the snow was so severe the college actually had to take the day off for the first time in many years.

On topic: I can't wait for some real meaty devlog updates, but it's still cool to see all the little things getting done.  Sixty minor items a day is pretty cool, and is much more impressive than the 1 tick off the big count down.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 13, 2008, 06:55:26 am »

Is it really SUCH bad problem in America? o_O
You know, we have "russian winters" and nice storms and other crap but I haven't got a single problem with an electricity for 5 or 6 years already... I was almost sure that people in America have more stable systems. Sadly that I was wrong and there're areas with such troubles (well, the nature is fierce). I hope you'll be fine, Tarn.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 13, 2008, 07:05:44 am »

The Problems in the US are the Low standards for Power lines, Cables and the poor developed Network caused by the Energy-companies.

That Europe is so much better on this side is cause until 1990 the most Energy-networks were in the hand of the country's which developed and maintained this networks in an proper way. In the newer times laws from the country's and the EU help to prevent an decay of those networks thought the development and enhancing of these Networks got much slower.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:27:55 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2008, 08:50:26 am »

Is it really SUCH bad problem in America? o_O
You know, we have "russian winters" and nice storms and other crap but I haven't got a single problem with an electricity for 5 or 6 years already... I was almost sure that people in America have more stable systems. Sadly that I was wrong and there're areas with such troubles (well, the nature is fierce). I hope you'll be fine, Tarn.

Yeah the same is true about Hungary. We tend to have crappy weather on winters [snowstorms + temperature goes down to -20 celsius sometime, that is -4 Fahrenheit..just converted it from C to F because of the US lads.. ;D] The last power outage happened years ago, and it only lasted for like 2-3 hours.
Let's hope that everything is ok in Toady's area now, so that he can continue to work.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 148