Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 129333 times)

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #450 on: February 01, 2009, 11:06:21 pm »

Auto reflexes trained for combat... I like it!
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 01, 2009, 11:35:54 pm »

If I'm infected, I carefully place all of my useful items in an easily found bundle, save for a pistol and one round then I recite the Lord's Prayer to myself. I sit down and reite loudly:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I drain any breverage I have with me and shoot myself in the head.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 02, 2009, 12:16:05 am »

Oh, please. That is so emotional.

I'd chain myself to something heavy with a copy of The Republic. I would inevitably try to read it after becoming a zombie, and it's hard-to-follow dialogues and well thought out rhetoric would revive my intellect, making me the first zombie philosopher and the Zombie Messiah.

I would saunter through crowds of my mindless brethren, looking for a soapbox to stand on. I would climb up to the top of my chosen speaking point, megaphone in hand, and begin to speak to the shambling horde. My inspiring speeches would foster a glow in their dead hearts; a glow of compassion for humanity. They would wake up, seeing their condition and knowing one thing:

The mindless killing and cannibalism would stop.

The word would spread throughout the zombie hordes, and they would gather with me and join hands singing "Everybody Get Together," united in undeath. The notes of song would spread throughout the infected city, and survivors everywhere would hear. Somewhere, a man with a crowbar would crawl out of his air duct and peek out of a window. Somewhere, a survivalist with a large collection of weapons would unlock his or her door and look down the hallway, towards the source of the song. A homeless man would crawl out of his battle dumpster, a crying child would cheer up and look for the singers, and a survivor trying to drive out of town would slow down and listen.

Slowly, the last remnants of humanity would gather in with the zombies, and the living and unliving would be together in their celebration of love and altruism. I will have achieved something that was impossible before the outbreak. I will have made humanity greater than the sum of it's parts.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2009, 12:18:22 am »

Any then a deathist (work with me here) human will come and blow you to pieces with his trusty shotgun, thus creating the war to end all wars!
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 02, 2009, 12:22:30 am »

He won't be able to. The song of brotherhood will unite all men and women alongside the zombies in a glorious fraternity of compassion. He will feel the love.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 02, 2009, 12:30:00 am »

Then the zombies rot away, leaving behind a clear message to the survivors. Before the zombies pass on forever, they rebuild the cities and governments of the world. they will be better, without hate or violence. We will be united in our will to not hurt anybody anymore. The survivors will continue to repopulate the planet, the knowledge these undead hordes have taught us all still fresh even several generations later.
 We will enter a new golden age, where no man wishes any harm upon another. Unlike our ancestors, we won't need rules to regulate the good from the bad as we will all strive to do good. Then when we die, we shall join our previously undead brethren that have given us the greatest gift of all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 02, 2009, 12:34:17 am »

Wow..I love this forum, this is the only place where the original thread could turn into this. I think that plot should develop into its own mini story =] it would be cool.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 02, 2009, 01:06:38 am »

I don't know if its the movies, or the fact that i was only a little kid back then, but i think today's zombies are far less scary then the zombies of old.

5 years ago, i looked over my shoulders and locked doors after watching a zombie movie, today i actually hope they kill someone important to the plot before dying again in a lame way.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 02, 2009, 01:08:58 am »

ಠ_ಠ
 When the zombies see my gaze, they will die. This is how I will survive. But hey, zombies of old were slow.. mindless...and uncoordinated. The new ones are much more scary. I think it may be that movies might be a little less suspense filled, maby.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 02, 2009, 01:21:08 am »

Zombies have turned from an object of horror to yet another kind of cannon fodder - at least in the movies. The games are another matter entirely - I really want a copy of L4D, those zombies sound nightmare-inducing.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 02, 2009, 01:25:01 am »

If only.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:31 am »

Please elaborate. From what I've heard, the Director does a pretty good job of creating an atmosphere of horror.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 02, 2009, 01:48:24 am »

It does for the first few games. But like any other media, once you get the hang of it, it loses the horror.

Versus mode is notoriously unscary though ridiculously tense.

Don't get me wrong. It's very fun. The first 20 hours of gameplay I had with it were amazing and the witch music *used* to make me jump. Now I just run up to her and blast her in the face.

Sir_Geo

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 02, 2009, 03:14:05 am »

Is that thinly veiled innuendo?  :o
But in all seriousness, the game does lose its horror quality after a few play throughs.
The logistical problems dealing with a private space colony are at least as bad as dealing with the zombies.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5403-fortressdipped
Fortressdipped, my ice castle.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 02, 2009, 03:21:52 am »

I didn't see any innuendo.

Am I just oblivious?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101