Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 133659 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #420 on: January 31, 2009, 11:46:08 pm »

So... Most of you are the type who would collapse in a screaming heap in the event of a zombie invasion, despite constantly talking about one and preparing for one?

I have a reeeeal plan; I'll use my svelte physique to crawl into an air duct with a knife or axe and enough food and water to last me for about a week. After the shit has calmed down, I'll get out of the duct and look for food, running like hell from any of the living dead that I see.

I mean, let's just face it; no matter what we all say about how we'd handle zombies, we'd really just run for our fucking lives, because the walking dead are menacing as hell. I doubt any of us could really get over the innate fear of something that used to be human trying to kill you and carrying a horrific disease.

Seriously, unless you saw your buddies die face down in the muck in Vietnam (cookie for reference) or something, you just probably aren't ready to deal with zombies on a psychological basis. I know I wouldn't be.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2009, 12:30:40 am »

Well alot of people call me naturally violent, 6'1 and 200lbs as well as the fact that I enjoy combat (I dabble in a lot of martial arts) may give me some advantage. Also I can't run worth didily since I can make it about 3 blocks before my SIA kicks in so basicaly I make a citadel out of my house and with my 2 broad swords (the second recently refound) Butterknife and Machete ( and the rest of my misaleneous arsenal) I have to just sit and deal with the meanace as it arrives using a blend of smashing heads and falling back for a break until something makes me change my plans.

I actually have all this stuff too just ask penguinofhonor or wolfmanz they have both seen it all.
It takes someone special to put the laughter back in slaughter.

What did you all go and order a dead guy for?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2009, 12:37:07 am »

Sure whatever.

Me?  I'm counting on my naturally unfeeling personality to maintain composure long enough to drive the hell out of town.  Like, rural Oklahoma out of town.  Screw fighting, by the time a zombie infestation becomes a problem, there's no point trying to fight it as one man.  But a car makes a great weapon, if only for escaping.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:31 am »

inaluct: I think most of us would be zombies in the event of a zombie outbreak.

I'm still sticking with the giant space cannon holiday resort plan. If that fails, I will dual-wield guitar hero guitars and fight my way to victory!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 01, 2009, 01:20:13 am »

And break both guitars after the first couple of zombies. And there is no space cannon holiday resort. There never was one. So yeah, the former of  your plans, is getting turned into a zombie if your best realistic idea is to use plastic guitars against zombies. Now if you picked a FIREAXE, or a CROWBAR, or even knife lying around, you might stand a chance of getting out, and getting the hell out of where you are.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:16 am »

WorkerDrone, there are these joke things. You may have heard of them.

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 01, 2009, 01:35:00 am »

^Not a legendary comedian yourself.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:42 am »

Psh, you haven't seen my guitar hero guitars, that's why you can be so glib. The constant rhythmic tapping of fingers over these babies for the past several millenia have solidified the surface of the legendary axes of rock so hard, so strong, that they will crumble a garbage truck with but one swift whack. I would show you a picture, but their brilliant sheen is so intense that any camera fool enough to gaze upon them are burned to a crisp.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 01, 2009, 01:48:17 am »

1. I have a terrible sense of humour.

2. Foolish is your bravado, that you talk on about how mighty your plastic guitars are, used only for the simple game of Guitar Hero, and how more likely they would get weaker and less durable with so much use rather then stronger. And how its only logical for them to get duller, and less bright with time.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:32 am »

You must get all the girls, WorkerDrone, with your impeccable sense of scrutiny and unceasing quest to find flaws in blatantly silly matters. That you live for the day you can brag to yourself in the mirror, how you bravely vanquished that amazingly well crafted, twisted lie that insidious foe wrought upon the forum dwellers, leading them astray from the true path of the counter-necrotic. How with but quick wit and true gravelly nerve, you strike home the point that humour has no place upon the modern battlefield.

And with every keystroke, you hammer it in. Proudly. Unforgivingly. You have no regrets. You know that it's alright to have a terrible sense of humour because you have seen things no man can ever dream. You dream every night of those unrelenting horrors, the torment that awaits your fellow man. You know that no amount of frivolous laughter will save their poor, damned souls. Only your intellect and experience in this, future disaster, calculated now and only now, in this thread of data wherin information will be spread can save us now.

Yes, WorkerDrone. Cleverly you prevented the masses from falling to trickery that simply plastic toy instruments would have saved them from an imaginary horde of imaginary scale. No doubt the world owes you a great debt. Allow me to take honor of first serve, WorkerDrone. I salute you!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:24 am »

The squad, Drenched syrups of blood, commanded by Mulch Diggums, Salutes you! Worker Drone!
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

wehtamjd92

• Bay Watcher
  • Gorram reavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 01, 2009, 01:03:11 pm »

So if you were suddenly in a room with a zombie and no gear what would you do?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 01, 2009, 01:42:51 pm »

Build a pillow fort and sit tight, taking aim with my trusty water pistol!

Ohhoho.

See what I just did?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 01, 2009, 01:58:36 pm »

taking aim with my trusty water pistol!

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 01, 2009, 02:34:22 pm »

I deal with actual pressure situations just fine, thank you very much. Make a beeline for the shotguns while wielding m knife.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 101