Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 129249 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #1440 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:39 pm »

At what point of news coverage do you quit a civilian job?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:20 pm »

If I already knew about the outbreak, I won't be caring enough about news coverage compared to my life.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 30, 2011, 04:15:58 pm »

What amount of news coverage would it take for you to consider yourself knowing about the outbreak?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:57 pm »

Either a newspaper article or a short video on any news website.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 30, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »

At what point would it be appropriate for someone in essential industries to stop showing up? Cops, Firefighters, Ambulancers, Soldiers, and the like.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 30, 2011, 04:48:33 pm »

I would say confirmed siteings in the area? Something like that.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 30, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »

Now here's my question, what would be the characteristics of an outbreak where a foreign military is needed?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 30, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »

To be honest, I would think someone in those jobs should keep showing up regardless of level, I mean if it's full out hell then yes, otherwise they should turn their  respective work places into make-shift refuges for survivors and in the case of firefighters attempt to keep the nearby district from burning to the ground.  Frankly If I was a firefighter I'd want to stay with my coworkers with our supply of large vehicals until the last minute.
Edit* In reply to phantoms, I'd say that any actual land-based interference would be out of the question, since the last thing you want is a soldier being infected and carrying back across continents.  I'd say things like arial bombing, and such would be needed once you can safely say that zombies outnumber people 1000-1.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:07:09 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 31, 2011, 12:58:36 am »

I never understood how those zombie menaces in movies ever win out against the army, it's more or less just a bunch of wild animals, there's a lot of them, but lucky for any first world nation, they know know a thing or two about area bombardment.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 31, 2011, 01:41:20 am »

I never understood how those zombie menaces in movies ever win out against the army, it's more or less just a bunch of wild animals, there's a lot of them, but lucky for any first world nation, they know know a thing or two about area bombardment.
This. The mass of army, police officers, and other armed humans would have greater strength than the horde. The army has explosive, aircraft, and other weapons. WHY DO NOT THEY WORK?
Hello Hunam

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 31, 2011, 02:30:24 am »

Rule of plot, mostly. Some day, someone will do a movie from the perspective of the victorious human army as they try to clear cities.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 31, 2011, 04:43:43 am »

Yeah, that was another things that was great about Shaun of The Dead. The military showed up and won.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 31, 2011, 05:24:55 am »

That's because they were unstoppably bad ass.  I mean, their guns had three tactical flashlights each.  Ain't nothin' sneaking up on that.  Add in their leather jackets and berets, and those guys were ready for any infestation no matter how paranormal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:42 am »

Plus, they were in a line and British. No force on this earth could stop them, I'm betting.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 31, 2011, 06:03:13 am »

According to recent discoveries in combat technology, all you need is a knife with another knife attached and you're ready to take out any threat, zombie or not. Those things can apparently pierce metal.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 101