Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101

Author Topic: Zombie preparedness  (Read 129265 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie preparedness
« Reply #1425 on: August 05, 2010, 12:54:56 pm »

No, Zombies IN mechs! I'd want to watch a show like that. Just imagine how ridiculous it would be!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 05, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »

Mech zombies with laser swords, flamethrowers and rail guns. But they still only attack by biting. They're zombies what do you expect?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 05, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »

No, Zombies IN mechs! I'd want to watch a show like that. Just imagine how ridiculous it would be!
???
:o Sounds good. I'd watch ithe first episode.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 05, 2010, 05:45:50 pm »

You lie Quinnr! I would watch ATLEAST half of the first season!

The 'decrepit mental faculties' problem can be overcome in much the same way that small children can be handled. Like children, they will be led to push bright, large buttons that make amusing noises, but for zombies however, we replace those buttons with meaty skulls to chomp on while they're in the cockpit of the Mech. There would be several different meaty skulls, and each one would perform a different function, allowing them to pilot it with no problem whatsoever!

My logic is infallible.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 05, 2010, 05:50:54 pm »

Zombies do not learn. Children do.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 05, 2010, 06:09:55 pm »

You lie Quinnr! I would watch ATLEAST half of the first season!

The 'decrepit mental faculties' problem can be overcome in much the same way that small children can be handled. Like children, they will be led to push bright, large buttons that make amusing noises, but for zombies however, we replace those buttons with meaty skulls to chomp on while they're in the cockpit of the Mech. There would be several different meaty skulls, and each one would perform a different function, allowing them to pilot it with no problem whatsoever!

My logic is infallible.
Fire th--BRAINOMNOM.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 05, 2010, 06:14:31 pm »

I love when I walk into a thread and the first thing I see is a statement concerning the application of zombies to mechanized war machines.

Keep up the good work.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 05, 2010, 11:06:02 pm »

Cerous teah a at gnitniop are yeth if erif to snug eth tes and wiev sche'm eth setacilper tath rebmahc ytilaer luatriv a in eibmoz eth ecalp ouy...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:05 pm »

you really, really stink at writing backwards.

I maen yuo ,raelly hsuold not try it becuase i'ts obviuosyl not yuor hting.

However: the zombie-mech idea is epic. freakin' kickass.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:42 pm »

I think the unflipped sections are deliberate.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 07, 2010, 12:39:02 am »

They appear to be classic cases of a procedural thinking failure in rearranging letters.

They have to do with the way the mind processes language, particularly the way that certain combinations of letters are actually thought of as single sounds or meaningful units. For instance: not reversing "th", "ou", "ly", etc.

The thinker is confused and does not distinguish between letters and units of meaning. "the" becomes "eth", or "great" becomes "tearg".

This natural way of processing language is the reason most people simply can't handle anagrams. I myself do very poorly with them.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 30, 2011, 02:55:41 pm »

Alright. It's time for some zombie preparedness necromancy.

I was reading the star and stripes today and there was a little blurb about a cop in Columbus GA getting bitten while he arrested some guy.  The kinda thing we'd expect before the apoc, right?

At what point should one start preparing for the zombies? At what point do you abandon your daily retinue? Stop showing up for work? Steal a tank?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 30, 2011, 02:58:54 pm »

When it happens in england, and then I grab the chainsaw in my home.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

This is the point where you start watching news very closely. Stay to normal routine, but be ready.

Unless you happen to live in Columbus... Then you might want to think of a vacation. It is spring break after all!

Or it was last week. Whatever.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 30, 2011, 03:40:18 pm »

I actually had a discussion wioth my friend the other day, appearantly, we'd beoth be pretty well off.

We both know basic survival skills, we both live in the country and we both leave near to/own both a crop field and a cattle pasture. We both have large houses, with easily destroyable staircases.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 101