Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 40k  (Read 33503 times)

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40k
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2008, 02:23:54 pm »

You should allow Bolters, Bolt Pistols, and Heavy Bolters to be made for man-portable use.  The Imperial Guard makes use of them(Bolters and pistols for the officers/veterans, heavy bolters as fire support)  If SPESS MEHRENS are added, give them bigger bolters that cause moar damage.  These larger weapons can't be used by normal humans because they're simply too HUGE.  Is there any way Lasguns could be added?  What about Ceramite as a building material?  And Flamers!  So much fun could be had in Adventure mode.  Also, every time I go into Adventure mode, my story always ends with, "and he was torn apart by wolves."  It's like a GRIMDARK equivilant to "happily ever after".  I've also noticed that this mod likes to crash like the Hindenburg, although I've taken to saving with rediculous frequency to mitigate the problem.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:28:26 pm by Commissar Internet »

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2008, 02:59:07 pm »

The reason for the crashes seems to elude me, I'm currently gonna add Dark Eldar, and some other races. But as for flamers and lasguns, it's really hard with the current settings, because flamers spew promethium and lasguns fire from cells instead of rounds you'd end up picking a "Lasgun Cell" up from your opponent's left leg or the such. So far I'm replacing Psyker Shields with Riot Shields, and Removing storm shields, The new IG armour system goes Mesh, Flak, Carapace. Still working on it.
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 03:04:55 pm »

Would there be any way to make lasgun/flamer ammo disappear after something gets shot?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2008, 03:17:39 pm »

Make a stick chance to be 0.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2008, 01:08:04 pm »

I haven't read all the posts yet in this thread. but everytime I start the game on ADVENTURE or DWARF FORTRESS mode, a fatal error pops up that says:

FATAL ERROR!

Missing Plant Gloss: MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 09:48:15 pm »

Can't wait for the new version

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 10:43:39 pm »

Finished the Dark Eldar, they basically use the same armor as Eldar but with different weapons, somewhat more diabolical weapons. I haven't been working on it in the past days, still gotta work on the hounds.

Posted new version, it has the mastiffs as well as Dark Eldar, Wolves have been renamed to Fenrisian Wolves to reason why they are so terrible. If someone would be willing to make a graphical set for this I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:31:55 pm by Naze »

Ralnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 07:53:55 pm »

It seems to not want to initialize the history of a world.
DF v39C, mod v.9, I've tried adding the files to the objects folder and replacing the entire objects folder outright. No amount of fiddling seems to get it to work.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2008, 10:47:06 pm »

The necrons are in it, but I don't plan on adding many Tyranid, mainly some of the more primary races native to the galaxy.

Sorry to bring the post way back here but I need some clarification. What do you mean Tyranids aren't native to the galaxy. They were in First Edition Wh40k, long before the Necrons and Dark Eldar were introduced.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2008, 10:58:56 pm »

Tyranid come from another Galaxy, they aren't native to the Galaxy 40k takes place in.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2008, 11:01:27 pm »

IIRC, Hive Fleet Bohemoth and all successive Tyranid Hive fleets came out of deep space from somewhere beyond the galaxy. Before that, there no recorded encounters between the Tyranids and any of the major races of the galaxy, save perhaps Chaos, and they're not telling. :)
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Lazureus

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfection is Flawed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »

IIRC, Hive Fleet Bohemoth and all successive Tyranid Hive fleets came out of deep space from somewhere beyond the galaxy. Before that, there no recorded encounters between the Tyranids and any of the major races of the galaxy, save perhaps Chaos, and they're not telling. :)

Ah yes you are right.. That part slipped my mind. Being an exclusive Tyranid player in Table Top and soon in Dawn of War II, I'm kind of biased in wanting them.. sorry to bother you.
Current modding project:Tyranids 2010
Past modding projects:
DF2010: Crematorium
40d: ‼TYRANIDS‼
Quote from: Dark Pegasus
Just when I thought I couldn't despise him any more... He finds a whole new and undiscovered way!!

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2008, 02:03:11 am »

Just make lasgun ammo really, really light, bundle it in like packages of 500 (if that's even possible, though I doubt it) and call it lasgun power. The cells that are used in lasguns can last for hundreds of shots, and can be recharged on solar energy.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

C0nscript

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2008, 02:03:01 pm »

It seems to not want to initialize the history of a world.
DF v39C, mod v.9, I've tried adding the files to the objects folder and replacing the entire objects folder outright. No amount of fiddling seems to get it to work.

World get rejects at age of myth for me :(

Commissar Internet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2008, 12:49:35 am »

IIRC, lasgun charge packs carry 60 shots worth of energy.  Laspistols have a "magazine" of 30, it's in the Dark Heresy rulebook.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7