Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [Sucession Game] Angel of Wards  (Read 5689 times)

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Sucession Game] Angel of Wards
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 01:23:58 pm »

Bleh, it seems like i overdid my time :(.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or maybe not... I seem to have no sense of dates at all ???.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:33:59 pm by ChJees »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 02:05:22 pm »

Started my turn

7th Sandstone, 1051:

I am elected outpost leader.
There is so much to do, firstly I need a proper drink! more than a year of only plump helmet wine.
Sigh, I miss a proper beer.

I've ordered excavation of two more farm plots so we can grow a better variety of plants.

14th Sandstone, 1051:

The merchant caravan has left.  I hope my predecessor ordered some seeds.
I ordered contruction of iron barrels to store our excess food.

1st Timber, 1051:

Curiosity killed the cat - she wandered into a goblin tower

3rd Timber, 1051:

I struck galena while excavating the residential level.  This should make good barrels.

1st Moonstone, 1051:

A goblin attacked today, but our war dogs chased him off with a ripped spleen.
Having discovered an underground water source, I was busy planning the well at the time and did not notice until ChJees came to complain he couldn't harvest plants with a goblin around the entrance.

We should contruct an alternate route to the farms...

21st Moonstone, 1051:

Adil created a masterpiece door, it will make a fine entry to our bedroom.

2nd Obsidian, 1051:

A fire imp climbed out of the magma forge and invaded the fortress!
Fortunately one swing of my pick smashed it against the wall.
We need a proper military, or else some way to keep them out of our workshops.

2nd Felsite, 1052:

Migrants have arrived, where can we find beds for them all?

3rd Felsite, 1052:

One of the migrants wandered into a goblin tower, and two of his friends got themselves killed trying to rescue him.
A punitive strike force has been sent to exterminate that tower.
(2 recruits and an axedwarf eliminated all the goblins in the 1st tower with no injury)

6th Hematite, 1052:

Likot Bomrekrigith, the metalsmith who was attacked by a fire imp, got out of his sick bed and grabbed some silver and lead bars.  He won't tell anybody what he is making.

17th Hematite, 1052:

Must be due to the recent tragedies, he has made an elegant silver sarcophagus

Save file: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=282

btw you can view trade agreements in the civs screen (press 'c')
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 05:44:34 pm by coelocanth »

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 02:10:38 pm »

Checked the Annnouncement log? (Ingame)

I am playing the missing parts of my turn. :-X

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 02:39:22 pm »

Finished my turn completely :-[. (Noob at dates)

Anyway here is the DL coeloc

Download

Sorry for the hassle.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3057-angelofwards

Ruler Diary

ChJees, Retired Ruler and Wisedwarf
Expedition Arrival; Year 1051, Spring Time

First Month
We arrived as planned, nearly. We started to quickly dig down to ensure our survival and quickly dug us into the mountain. (The goblins never knew we moved in. Hahaha!)

Some months after
We have established us a farmyard and are in the process of growing tasty plump helmets, but our carpenter are still whining to me that he have no axe to chop down trees with. (Will kids ever learn patience?)

Our miners have also got the Magma Forge and Magma Smelter running. These news will sure make our smith happy. (He said he were going to be a Weapon and Armor smith, but he somehow mixed up Metalsmith and Weaponsmith...) On the other hand so have our stay here in these goblin infested surroundings. Our Marksdwarf are getting bored.

Summer Time
Grief struck... Our Marksdwarf died in a accident, death cause is unknown. We have built a tomb in honour of our defender, i have also mandated construction of traps and placement of guard dogs. (Kobolds may get funny ideas)

Our smith have been working frantically with smelting iron ore and there seem to be no end of it, she also made a few bins out of our precious iron but she insisted that they are needed so i agreed. It is allmost too quiet here, the goblins may be planning something...

Winter
Nothing has happned and the citizens are still complaining about the lack of beds but i am insisting to them that all our wood is needed to make barrels for our drinks. (What is wrong with sleeping on cave floor anyway?)

The traders from Autumn seemed to be generous in their deals we exchanged some mechanisms for all their meat and some other goodies, the traders seemed to be very happy about it. My time as a ruler has come to an end and i hope the next one will take care of our fortress. Angel of Wards

[The diary ends here...]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:20:39 pm by ChJees »

Rusty Mcloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 09:12:18 pm »

I have plenty of free time on my hands.  Sign me up.  I've always wanted to try my hand at a succession game. 

[Edit] I am confused.  Is coelocanth repeating his turn or something?  He already described a log of his activities.  Who goes next?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:17:50 pm by Rusty Mcloon »

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 09:14:41 pm »

Uhh... Wich version should we use? My completely finished one or coelocanth's one?

Oh and your in.

Rusty Mcloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 09:19:30 pm »

Why don't we use poor coelocanth?  He figured in good faith that you were done with your turn, ChJees, and played through his turn already.

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 09:32:34 pm »

Put me up for a turn.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 10:41:32 pm »

So, uh, does all that mean it's my turn?  Which file am I supposed to use?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

White Elephant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 11:21:22 pm »

I would love a turn.
on''t think about me. It makes you easier to eat.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 04:59:57 am »

So, uh, does all that mean it's my turn?  Which file am I supposed to use?
Use coelocanth's one. I guess you won't miss a ****load of metal bars anyway :P.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 02:57:15 pm »

OK, I downloaded Coelocanth's save file and took a look around.  Pressing concerns and my meticulous playstyle mean I won't be finshed til tomorrow, but I'll post now to prove I'm doing it.  How long should I play for?

Also, does anyone object to me using DwarfCompanion to tweak some names and genders?  I promise I won't do anything else.

Fortress Log of Sedil Zalìs, 14th of Sandstone, 1052

First entry of Aqizzar Alåthlodok

When tales spread of a band of stout dwarves heading into the southern mountains to assault the Goblins in their lair, my fellows called them fools.  I called them short sighted.

When stories came that the band sought not just to slay greenskins, but knock down their blighted towers once and for all, my fellows called them mad.  I called them heroes.

When word came that they were looking for dwarves to journey there and join them, my fellows laughed.  I jumped at once.

And when the valiant outpost's leader Coelocanth came to me and said that, by true and proper dwarven tradition, it was now my duty to direct the fortress, I could only stammer.  He could only shrug.

Though Coelocanth will remain the effective ruler of Sedil Zalìs, it is now my responsibility to devise a plan of action against our foes and larger goals for the settlement.  It is a task I can only approach in earnest.  As of today, I can identify three areas in need of improvement-

1. Considering it's other current residents and our, to say the least, dubious claim to this land, when I arrived, I was appalled to find that Sedil Zalìs has no standing military.  As is, our only dwarves-at-arms are the easygoing sheriff (who has neither deputies or a jail), and some daft bloke named Urdim who fancies himself a hunter.  I've been sifting through the peasents who arrived with me in the past year to find some who would make proper soldiers.  Traps alone will not keep us safe.

2. Concurrently, having been blessed with a magma chimney, we could be running a much more robust smithing operation.  I have conversed with Coelocanth and ChJees' notes, and our scouts, surveys, and intuition tell us there are some unexploited veins of iron ores around the dark towers.  They will have to reached by tunnel alone so as not to disturb our wicked hosts.  With more iron, the new defense force can be outfitted with proper armor and weapons.  Those complacent goblins will be so surprized.

3. Also distressingly concurrent, the tomb complex dug into the eastern face must be expanded and improved on.  Dire concerns aside, there are already dwarven bones bleaching in the sun.  This will quickly rectified.

Beyond these necessities, the fortress could stand for some other improvements.  We have no shortage of foods or plant stocks, but the alcohol stores are no where near as robust as I'd like, and take far too much time to supply.  Indeed, the whole industrial network, what there is anyway, is quite inefficent.

I came to this outpost with great dreams of the siege surely waiting, and as an engineer of considerable talent, I believe some destructive engines are in order.  I have conversed with my good collegue Zes, and we have begun designing some emplacements for catapults.  Ballista would be even better; I imagine a saguaro would make a spectacular projectile.

Finally, we are swimming in puppies.  A solution does not exactly present itself.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:05:46 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2008, 03:53:15 pm »

I played for around 1 year (until the dwarven caravan left)
Sorry I didn't see the new save Chjees :(

As for the puppies - future war dogs or dog meat stew.
The SW plateau (F4) can be used for wood harvesting, watch out for the goblin tower interrupting you though.

Wirewraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2008, 06:50:56 pm »

Just a note, if Aqizzar were to finish his game within the next 14 hours, I would be unable to pick it up straight away, on account of me sleeping and attending school. After 2pm GMT, Monday, however, I'm game.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 10:42:36 am »

Should we continue playing in version 38c or go over to 39a?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5