Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 602818 times)

Shanba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://uhm
Re: Nist Akath. Betrayal in the Tundra.
« Reply #1710 on: April 04, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

This story is absolutely epic. I started it at around 5 PM, it's now around 2 AM (I did some other things in between). Could I request a Dwarf? Shanba, male, if it ends up military or an adventuring companion, Axes are cool.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 05, 2008, 02:56:00 am »

cleaning Ironblood ?

no way, the mud/blood/vomit covers are giving him extra protection

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Worldwaker

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 06, 2008, 02:05:00 am »

Awesome.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:00 am »

I haven't read through the massive 69 pages of story yet (I'm up to the 11th page), so i was wondering if Nist Akath was in the Map archive. I just wanted to see it in its full glory as a 16-17 year fortress so i could envision it as i read the remaining 58 pages. Thanks

Edit- Sorry for wasting your time. I found the Fortress in the map archive(i was searching for it before under author: Nist Akath). I know now that the fort is much older than 17 years lol.

[ April 07, 2008: Message edited by: A_Fey_Dwarf ]

Gorth Greyheart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 07, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

Just finished reading all pages... nice work, really.

I'm trying to learn how to play DF, but since my work/wif is taking all my time, I haven't mastered it yet... (and probably won't, I see a future full of death and elephants)

I HUMBLY AND EAGERLY REQUEST A DWARF!!!

Hairy Shoulders, male if possible, in the militia.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 11, 2008, 03:54:00 pm »

Hasn't read this since a short while before it moved, for some reason, finaly caught up now.

Still infinetly awesome.

I agree this shuld bee a book.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 11, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

If you think that reading all 69 pages of this epic story was tough, I read them all on an obsuluote cell phone's bad internet conection. Each 'normal' page was broken up into two, and only one in three loaded.

I'm currently downloading the new Z-axis version, almost entirely due to Nist.
I'd request a caracter, but I see no reason to. I'll just follow Mister Goblin Bootcleans especially close.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 12, 2008, 02:53:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>
I have been often employed by a dwarf known as BurnedToast. Despite having the most pathetic accommodations I have seen in my life, he's a dwarf of some import. They mayor apparently continues to tell him that new commodes are on the way.
He's been getting that line for about 25 years.
</STRONG>

Ouch, and from a goblin no less. At least I presumably have clean boots now I suppose.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 12, 2008, 05:34:00 am »

hey captain, I was just browsing Nist Akath in the map archieve and noticed the little dragon suprise you left for us

I don't think that will work, since creatures won't stay where they are when abandoning, or at least I think so

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 15, 2008, 02:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Akroma:
<STRONG>hey captain, I was just browsing Nist Akath in the map archieve and noticed the little dragon suprise you left for us

I don't think that will work, since creatures won't stay where they are when abandoning, or at least I think so</STRONG>

It's in a cage, and its undead. I haven't tested, but I think that should work?

Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 15, 2008, 02:33:00 am »

well, lets hope caged creatures stay in there

hmm, I wonder

once the army arc is somewhat functional, will you be able to send armies, using the Nist Akath save ?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 15, 2008, 04:23:00 am »

I don't think caged creatures do remain. I have recently abandoned a fortress with a caged dragon and about 40 caged goblins. When I came back in reclaim they had been set free. It gave me a fright when i came across the stealthed dragon in a nobles bedroom. I don't know whether this is the case for adventuring though.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 15, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

Either way, any of my adventurers wouldn't stand a chance. My record is killing one cougar before being killed by another.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 15, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

I guess before you can abandon  Nist Akath, you will have to wait for Toady to make sure the dragon stays where he should stay.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 16, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

I've captured wildlife before and visited my old fortress as an adventurer.  The cages were empty, but as to whether the deer were still wandering my fortress I do not know, but they will be released from their cages.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 265