Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 384947 times)

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1305 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:41 pm »

OOC: I am picturing Grov following a racoon into crack in the wall now, probably saying something like "Donkey?" and mothers telling stories of how if you listen to the rock walls long enough, you can still hear Grov crawling around in there searching for the racoon.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 17, 2008, 06:43:52 pm »

OOC: I am picturing Grov following a racoon into crack in the wall now, probably saying something like "Donkey?" and mothers telling stories of how if you listen to the rock walls long enough, you can still hear Grov crawling around in there searching for the racoon.

This should become official Migrurset myth.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 17, 2008, 07:13:09 pm »

You found a... petrified child and raccoon?

Have you tried sending your miners to dig them out? Maybe it'll resolve itself once they're freed.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 17, 2008, 07:46:59 pm »

Or, you know, explode.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:41 pm »

Well, if you think about it, that could be just as good, depending on how it explodes. If it goes hypercritical INFLATE -3, then no, that would be pretty bad. But if something whacko happens, say, they both get treated as a mineral/lump of stone, and we end up with dwarves making a +raccoon block wall+ or a smith forging a +Grov battleaxe+, then that might be okay.  ;)

Oh god, I now have this mental image of Jools charging into battle wielding a big sentient battleaxe that periodically shouts "Donkeys?" as it slices through goblin necks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:06:20 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 17, 2008, 09:47:33 pm »

Grov the Ghost Child.  Migrursut needs this now.

Edit:  Impending Doom's idea is cool, too.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 17, 2008, 10:08:12 pm »

I approve all the above.

If you do decide to merely remake another Grov, I only hope the original then returns. Maybe Bertrand experimenting with cloning? Who will win in the battle of Grov vs Evil Clone Grov? Or will they both be distracted by something shiny? Tune in next week, folks, for another exciting episode of I Don't Know What I'm Saying Anymore!
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:13 am »

HEAVY FLAK HAS SPOKEN.  THIS IS NOW PART OF THE MIGRURSUT MYTHOS

One way or another, Grov the Child is coming back.  Regardless of how that happens, he's now officially part of ghost stories. 

Impending Doom: I don't actually think I can dig into where they are, they're buried within that 5 tile edge of the map that you're not allowed to mess around with.  Maybe someone DID kill and bury them  :o

Groveller: You just gave me a stellar idea.  Oh boy!  More to come later!

CanadianWolverine: Wow, Louis Riel really does sound like Aryn.  I'm going to have to do some research into him, because this entry is absolutely fascinating. 

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:47 am »

Impending Doom: I don't actually think I can dig into where they are, they're buried within that 5 tile edge of the map that you're not allowed to mess around with.  Maybe someone DID kill and bury them  :o

I think the 5 tile edge can't be built on, while only a 1 tile rim can't be dug into.

Groveller: You just gave me a stellar idea.  Oh boy!  More to come later!

You mean clones... from space!?

Edit: Oh, and: OOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo!
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 19, 2008, 04:04:18 pm »

Quick Note:

This story has fallen by the wayside thanks to Real Lifetm.  In this instance, real life is two things.

1) Figuring out what exactly HP did to my laptop to "fix" it, along with restoring all my backed up files, and possibly getting it RMA'd a second time since I'm pretty sure causing me heat damage isn't a standard feature on the Pavilion dv9628nr model notebook.

2) I love setting deadlines for myself.  I may have mentioned quite a few times I'm a little bit OCD about certain things, and meeting self-imposed deadlines is certainly one of them.  This deadline is set for the end of November and is composed of getting the last revision of my book completed, and packages put together to ship out to publishers and agents.  This should have actually been done two weeks ago to give myself some breathing room, but I'm on the unbelievably, mind-numbing boring part of going through like, four separate manuscripts and finding all the grammar errors I made and then putting them all together for Revision 3c.  Then printing, and packaging, along with a synopsis and author bio, and... I guess praying the editor reading it liked stuff like American Psycho, or isn't a priest.  Or my mother, who I think I managed to offend as well...

Anyway, point is, updates will be infrequent but will be there, and will pick up the in a week and a half.

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 19, 2008, 05:57:08 pm »

Real Life always comes first. Good luck!

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 19, 2008, 08:03:21 pm »

I've had bad experience's with HP laptops in general myself. Dad's one likes to randomly turn its self off and not turn on for thirty minutes (that was a lot of unsaved data lost when it was the only computer I could use) and we've probably sent it in 5 times in the past two years. Probably all for the same reason.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 20, 2008, 12:09:02 pm »

Real Life always comes first.
lies.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:03 am »

The events of the 28th of Opal, 1066

Yet another meeting Glacies had been kicked out of.  Pushing over a cabinet on his way down to the workshops, the book keeper lamented over the situation he had been put in.  This wasn't what he signed up for - he had great ideas, damn it.  excellent ideas.  And one threat to cut Aryn's throat, and he was thrown out on his ear by old Duke Bomrek, who was a hell of a lot stronger than he let on. 

Sulking, Glacies stalked the halls of the workshops, pushing over carts or stuffing anything that looked valuable into his pocket.  He paused, eyes lifting towards the end of the hallway where the alchemists lab set.  Light flashed from under the door, bright streaks arcing out at random.  Curiosity got the better of him, and he made his way over to Bertrand's Lab, pushing the door open.

Bertrand sat in the corner, his face lined with exhustion.  Stacks of paper lined the counters beside him, and he was scribbling furiously in his notebook.  Shaking his head, the philosopher said wearily, "Alright Akroma, flip the switch and remove the plant.  Obviously higher life forms have issues.  Try the bowler again." 

Akroma pointed towards the door, frowning.  "We've got a visitor, Bertrand."
"Hmm?  Oh, so we do.  Master Glacies, I apologize for missing the last meeting, I've just been so busy down here I lose track of time."
"Screw the last meetings," Glacies snapped, "Aryn's a daft old bugger, dunnae' good idea when he hears it, he don't.  The hell's all the blue crackles comin' from here, eh?"
"Sir?" Akroma looked to Bertrand, who nodded and closed his notebook, rising from his stool.

"We've managed to create life here, but it's slow going.  There are so many conditions that must be met to allow plants to grow, and anything more than grass is... it just seems to be too much to these dead sands.  So our efforts have been pushed to other ideas.  Such as this, my lightning machine."

He limped over, and spread his arms wide at the tubes of swirling sand rising from the ground.  Due to the dry air and the large amounts of wool, static had been built up to excessive levels in an upper chamber of the tubes.  Glancing over, Glacies noticed a small lever by the wall, marked with a poorly written sign, "Pull for tests."

"And what does your lightening machine do?"
"Nothing.  We, well, our hypothesis is that stimulating what small pieces that make up an object, they can be copied and recreated using the power of the Sands and the Electrical Conductor.  Isntead, we get this... please stand back, book keep."

Glacies took a single step backwards, and Akroma hurried over to pull the lever.  The machine sparked to life, electricity crackling between the tubes, before arcing down to catch the bowler they had placed between it.  The hat jumped once, twice, and flopped over upside down, a small trail of smoke wafting up from the brim. 

Shaking his head, Bertrand waved a hand and Akroma flipped the switch down, the electricity dying.  "See?  Look at that?  Instead of a recreation of something as simple as a silly hat, we instead get it burnt through prolonged exposure.  It's just... it's a total disaster, we'll probably need to scrap it.  You can't win them all."
"Oy, ya' poor ol' chump," Glacies said, almost kindly.  "I hate seein' old people screw things up.  C'mon, head to the storerooms with me, I'll buy ya' both a round of wine."

As the trio left, a small figure appeared from out of the shadows.  Waiting until they were gone, it darted inside, the door shutting behind.  Soon the blue lights began to flicker once more, childish giggles flitting out into the hallway, along with extatic cries of, "Eee, Donkeys'll LOVE this!  It TICKLES!"

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 22, 2008, 07:11:25 am »

Wow. That sounds like an incredible invention, something that would gain Bertrand real... Prestige, if he could only work out what it did. ;-D

I assume that hats are to become Migrursut's primary export for a short period?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 189