Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78922 times)

Leissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #345 on: March 01, 2009, 04:25:44 am »

I've noticed some odd behaviour in my installation of LL. Craft goods (of bone and wood, at least) are not showing up in my g)oods options at the depot (as their own category, they are still present under all).  Had a few crashes too, but...

The real problem I'm running into at the moment are these hobgoblin "merchants".  They have come to my nascent little fortress at the same time as the elves who setup at my depot first, which might be part of the problem, but the result is the hobgoblin merchants are wandering around willy nilly destroying everything in sight.  And because they are merchants, I can't attack them (or I just don't know how).  Sadly, with a no-stone aquifer start, I have no mechanical means to kill him, so I'm sort of powerless :(.
I suppose removing [BUILDING_DESTROYER:2] from hobgoblin entry should remove their destructive behavious if you want to work around them like this. I did it and they pop every now and then as merchants. It does seem to cause a slight problem though, weapons are absurdly valuable to them.

Oh, and if you edit the entry, do delete your objects folder in \data\, so it will surely get recompiled from the entry with no errors.

or at least creature_whateveryougotitin.txt
Quote from: #bay12games
<Skibiliano> I can just imagine a line of dwarves looking at two humans, "Breed!"

<Turgid> One dwarf to rule them all, one dwarf to find them, one dwarf to bring them all, and in the fortress bind them!

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2009, 12:44:13 pm »

Hey,

I'm running into a strange problem and I'm not sure of the cause.

I'm running legendary lands and when I abandon my fortress I cannot restart another fortress for some reason. It gives me a

'runtime error'

Program:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

and shuts the program down. I'm not completely sure what it's related to, though I've eliminated things like the king arriving, HFS and related stuff and a few other small things. I've got an  unused version of the same world that I have no problem abandoning just started forts and doing another, so it makes me think it might be  related to the 'clean-up' protocol of some items that my fortress might have, but again, I'm not sure.

World-gen time is year 7.

Any advice would be welcome. I'd like to keep this fortress in my world with my next one, but this abandoning glitch has me perturbed.

(I tried re-installing LL but now for some reason it keeps telling me: 'Windows cannot find 'dwarf' ' and won't start the program.)

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:15:36 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:02 am »

The new releases of DF (being 40d#) have another exe name. Batch seems to have a problem with this, not liking the space in the middle of it.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »

So... how would that affect not being able to embark any more?

And is there a fix for it?
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2009, 11:53:19 pm »

So... how would that affect not being able to embark any more?

And is there a fix for it?

Unsure what might be causing the embark issue. Could just be DF itself. Hard to say since you can't replicate in other forts. When the next version of DF comes out, LL will be substantially different, so I'm holding off on doing a proper fixpack since I've already started on converting it anyway.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 31, 2009, 12:42:45 pm »

I'm having trouble getting the game to start.  Every time it comes up with an error message that says: Windows cannot find 'Dwarf'. Make sure you typed it right because windows isn't helpful.

I tried changing the .exe name to Dwarf.exe but that didn't seem to help.  I'm running the DF version from here http://afteractionreporter.com/2009/02/09/the-complete-and-utter-newby-tutorial-for-dwarf-fortress-part-1-wtf/

Do I need to get the latest version for this to work?
and have no idea ... if building buildings out of water is a bad idea.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:05 pm »

I had the same problem. At Cpt. Mayday's advice, I changed the dwarf fort main .exe to dwarf, and not the LL. Don't know which one you tried, but hopefully you didn't end up with a dwarf.exe.exe :P

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 01, 2009, 06:03:25 am »

So weird.  I had tried changing it to dwarf already, but now I just reinstalled everything and tried it again and obviously the alignment of the stars is better now because it worked suddenly.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 01, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »

Okay, so I finally got the mod working and everything, but I'm trying to figure out how to play as another race in fortress mode.  Is it possible?  I hit tab when looking for a site and went over to the part where I can select civilizations, but I have no idea how to tell which ones are/aren't dwarves, and what they actually are.  Far as I can tell they're all dwarves but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance for the help.

GENERATION 27:

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 01, 2009, 05:14:23 pm »

The only way to know is to do your research in Legends mode :D
I usually pick the civ with the most interesting history, or one with a war going on, and remember the civ's name.

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2009, 05:25:39 pm »

Okay, so the three civ's I'm seeing aren't necessarily all dwarves then?  Thanks, I'll check legends then.

GENERATION 27:

Karadan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »

Okay, finally got around to checking legends and all three civs I can pick from are dwarves.  Can you only play as dwarves in fortress mode or am I missing something?

GENERATION 27:

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »

You'll need to add CIV_CONTROLLABLE to the races you want to use in their entity files.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2009, 04:58:10 am »

Looking at getting a fix update for this tonight.

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11b 10-APRIL Read first post!
« Reply #359 on: April 11, 2009, 12:09:13 pm »

Sir: It's my first time playing this excellent mod, and I am having a crashing problem.  It happens quite predictably, about one second after my current save point.  Can you offer any tips to get past this?

I'm in a coldish and rainy area, almost completely flat, half rocky half trees.  It's autumn of my first year.  My population is only 15, including 1 child, 6 soldiers, and various domesticated stock.  The only wild animals present are mountain goats and wild turkeys.  There is a stream, and some fishing ponds.

The only other thing that seems possibly relevant is that the units list shows two dead naked mole dogs, which I have never seen, and whose remains I cannot locate.  If I read the raws correctly, that indicates that there may be a chasm that I haven't yet located.  Anyway, I removed [AMPHIBIOUS][UNDERSWIM][FISHITEM] tags from my lizardmen and skalassi, just in case, but the crash happens still.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.  LL looks magnificent, and I really want to play it.
I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32