Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78933 times)

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11 20-DEC Read first post!
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2009, 01:22:40 pm »

Started another fort. Got another crash. Restarted, and it looks like the crash was caused by migrant arrival. Does the game make a dump file or anything when it crashes? I enjoy this mod but I'd like to make it more than a couple years into a fort without being paralyzed by crashes. If there's anything I can do to help troubleshoot, let me know.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed the elves in my world are using wagons and bringing me metal items. Not sure if it's intended. Oh, and I love the megapythons. I have one outside my fortress, and it's an excellent form of population control.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:56:26 pm by knowbuddyuno »

TheMirth

• Bay Watcher
  • Titan cancels smash, interrupted by baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2009, 01:59:39 pm »

Just like Adamantine, Celestrium is supposed to be rare and unusual.

Mountainhome liaison let me request Celestrium from the mountainhome. I'll let you know if he brings any to the fort next autumn.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2009, 03:40:58 pm »

The only way to prevent caravans from bringing Celestrium is to flag it as DEEP. Note that flagging it as DEEP means that occasionally the pits will be encased in Celestrium instead of Adamantine.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2009, 10:12:43 pm »

Just like Adamantine, Celestrium is supposed to be rare and unusual.

Mountainhome liaison let me request Celestrium from the mountainhome. I'll let you know if he brings any to the fort next autumn.
That's intended, offset by the fact that Celestrium is quite expensive, and they rarely bring very much.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 12, 2009, 04:22:33 pm »

They do in fact bring Celestrium. I ordered it as well and received a shipment of it.

The unprocessed ore is about 400 each I think and the bars ran me just under 2000 each. If you flag it as highest priority with the liason they'll typically bring four of each, which means that each year you get eight. That's sufficient to make (for example) 16 bars of Celestrial steel, which is enough to fully arm and armor a single dwarf.

At the expense of around 10000 ingots for a single dwarf I think that's a very reasonable exchange. If there was a way to regulate how much of an item a caravan could bring I'd say do it. But keep in mind that Celestrium is not Adamantine, and the limited amounts you can get by trading make it nicely balance. Not that money is really an issue if you've got creatures attacking you left and right.

Oh, and I've had absolutely no crashing problems with caravans nor migrants yet. (knock on wood) Just two Avarii merchants who came and have been hanging out at my depot for more than a year now. (No sign of mood change evident in either them nor their animals. I'd make them thieves, but Avarii thieves doesn't really fit into my mentality of their civilization.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 04:28:24 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2009, 08:17:52 pm »

Yeah, hence why I didn't.
Although... I guess since they're broken due to pathfinding issues, and since they're not attacking anyway, you could just remove their activity from all seasons.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.05 3/6
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2009, 01:02:25 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:07:54 pm by CJ1145 »
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

BirdoPrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2009, 08:26:31 pm »

I've uploaded a save that generally seems to crash within 30 seconds of loading. Perhaps it'll be useful for any non-lazy people who want to experiment with the raws to see what's making it crash.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymz5wnmliym

Shin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2009, 01:57:39 am »

I've noticed some odd behaviour in my installation of LL. Craft goods (of bone and wood, at least) are not showing up in my g)oods options at the depot (as their own category, they are still present under all).  Had a few crashes too, but...

The real problem I'm running into at the moment are these hobgoblin "merchants".  They have come to my nascent little fortress at the same time as the elves who setup at my depot first, which might be part of the problem, but the result is the hobgoblin merchants are wandering around willy nilly destroying everything in sight.  And because they are merchants, I can't attack them (or I just don't know how).  Sadly, with a no-stone aquifer start, I have no mechanical means to kill him, so I'm sort of powerless :(.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2009, 05:13:25 am »

I've noticed some odd behaviour in my installation of LL. Craft goods (of bone and wood, at least) are not showing up in my g)oods options at the depot (as their own category, they are still present under all).  Had a few crashes too, but...

The real problem I'm running into at the moment are these hobgoblin "merchants".  They have come to my nascent little fortress at the same time as the elves who setup at my depot first, which might be part of the problem, but the result is the hobgoblin merchants are wandering around willy nilly destroying everything in sight.  And because they are merchants, I can't attack them (or I just don't know how).  Sadly, with a no-stone aquifer start, I have no mechanical means to kill him, so I'm sort of powerless :(.

They should be set to item_thief and therefore never ever come to trade.

Shin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2009, 05:30:39 am »

I have the save folder if you'd like to see 8).

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:02 pm »

I have the save folder if you'd like to see 8).

Can't really play DF at the moment. Stuck on a crappy laptop. :(
However, check the hobgoblin entity file. It SHOULD have ITEM_THIEF there.

Shin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2009, 01:11:21 am »

entity_hobgoblin

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

tier 14 civs 2

[ENTITY:HOBGOBLIN]

has [ITEM_THIEF] on line 159 in its list.  Never the less :/, I have 2 hobgoblin merchants in my saved DF game. 

I installed via the .bat installer script, but maybe it didn't install correctly.  I have an LLplay and an LLworldgen folders in my objects folder.  All three (that is raw/objects/, raw/objects/LLplay/, and raw/objects/LLworldgen/) have a entity_hobgoblin.txt file.  Is this correct?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »

yeah, the files in the subfolders are the 'master copies' so to speak. When it switches modes, it copies the files in the appropriate subfolder to the raws\objects folder.

Shin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2009, 12:20:37 am »

Ok, this is most likely the problem then.  It looks as though I'm playing with the worldgen version of the entity files.  My LLWorldgen/entity_hogoblin.txt file does not have an [ITEM_THIEF] tag (nor a few others) and neither does the root level raw/objects/ ones (they appear identical to visual inspection, though I could diff them, I suppose).  It is the LLPlay/entity_hobgolin file that has the [ITEM_THIEF] line.  Not sure why I checked there first.  So the problem is I didn't switch my master files after genning.

I assume the tags being added/removed impacts the way the history generator handles the given racial civs, and that's why the swap?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32