Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11e 20-July Read first post!  (Read 78869 times)

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod: Legendary Lands = Released 1.11b 10-APRIL Read first post!
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2009, 09:02:49 am »

I'll try it with that version, thanks.

EDIT: It works!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 02:38:15 pm by Carpman »

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2009, 01:20:37 pm »

Where can I see a list of all the possible alloys to make, and their ingredients? (high steel, celestrium, etc.)

Also, it seems that my leader's pet cat is a dabbling comedian.

bhamv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2009, 06:37:56 am »

Hi Captain, great mod you've got here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to extract the new races from the mod, and just play with them?  I ask because I've been suffering from regular crashes, much like many other people, it seems.  As I understand it, the crashes are due to arrivals on the map (migrants, thieves, invaders etc) wearing or holding something that's messing up.  The cause-crashing item(s) seem to be related to the new additions in the mod, such as dyes or materials.

Therefore, if I want to experience the challenge of new races without having the new crash-inducing plants etc, would it be possible to mod the game with just the races?  And if so, would you be willing to give this modding newbie some tips on how to do it?

haywire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2009, 10:00:44 am »

Like the mod a lot, but I do have one weird thing that has come up.  I've had 3 dragons come, and every single one of them has been Winded when they arrive.  They seem to walk about 30 tiles or so... and then die.  They have no other wounds, and the temperature is only warm for my zone.

For now I just added [NOBREATHE] to them, and it has solved the problem.  Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone would know the cause.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2009, 07:57:39 pm »

Hi Captain, great mod you've got here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to extract the new races from the mod, and just play with them?  I ask because I've been suffering from regular crashes, much like many other people, it seems.  As I understand it, the crashes are due to arrivals on the map (migrants, thieves, invaders etc) wearing or holding something that's messing up.  The cause-crashing item(s) seem to be related to the new additions in the mod, such as dyes or materials.

Therefore, if I want to experience the challenge of new races without having the new crash-inducing plants etc, would it be possible to mod the game with just the races?  And if so, would you be willing to give this modding newbie some tips on how to do it?

Should not be too hard. Halve the sizes and redo the bodies. Leave rest as-is. Entities should copy over directly if you remove any extra items from them.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2009, 11:10:09 pm »

I just had a flame maiden teleport through a wall(no liquids involved here) and kill my fort in the first autumn. :(

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2009, 04:52:34 am »

Huh... that shouldn't be possible. The teleporting bit, I mean. The killing your entire fort in the first year thing... that's definitely possible.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2009, 10:49:04 am »

The only thing I can think of is that she went diagonally up or down, instead of straight, because I breached the pipe with my main staircase, but I just put a wall there to stop imps, but I didn't think that was possible. o_o

Dkarrde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2009, 11:37:11 am »

I've tried to skim through this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but it's so very long... Anyway.  I'm having a lot of trouble with my dwarves trying to fight avians.  Melee is bad enough, but I don't understand why my marksdwarves are having big problems.

I sent six of them out -- elites, champions all, armed with crossbows and upwards of 50 bone bolts in each quiver -- to deal with one axe-wielding Avari Guard.

I watched as the guard flapped down comfortably into melee, and dismembered them all.  It took a while, and he didn't receive a single injury, nor were bolts fired.

I've had this problem before, but never to such an extent.  SOMEtimes they'll fire at the flyers, but often they'll be utterly lethargic about it, like they don't really realize he's there.

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2009, 05:18:44 pm »

The Launch DF Legendary Lands has a strange format #xe instead of exe and i can't "rename" it to exe (it becomes #xe after few seconds and it isn't working as exe anyway).
Disregard that. Antivirus was a problem.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:22:59 am by Lengry »

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 09, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »

Holy crap...;D...FUN has ensued!
CPTN Mayday has crafted a adamantite artifact Mod!
Cptn  Mayday has become a legendary modder!
And...uh...looks like my dwarves need bigger guns magma cannons, swords, armies, redshirts...

EDIT: I seem to get crashes in the first summer...I think it's a caravan.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:13:28 am by Byakugan01 »
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 10, 2009, 05:03:05 pm »

Nope, it the avari. apparetly, the game does not recognize the sphere: law token.

Edit: And I'm getting something called impoverished word selector
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:03:55 pm by Byakugan01 »
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2009, 12:57:06 am »

No Law sphere? Ugh. I was sure that wasn't coming up in my tests.

As for the impoverished word selector, that always happens when the thing starts running out of unique names.

Lengry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:30 am »

It's crashing when autumn comes. I don't know what's problem, maybe caused by caravan arriving.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 16, 2009, 04:20:18 pm »

Almost definitely that or immigrants, that's what does it for me.

On a side note, one world had truly epic dark elves bringing me cave crocodiles and virtually every other underground exotic pet other than the GCS. Excited I genned another world-and noticed something. Despite being in every way superior to normal elves (including by having steel weapons/armor for trade), they seem quite liable to get wiped out in world gen, usually quite early on. Sometimes it seems they get wiped out by the normal elves. Is this intentional?

By the way, I'm not sure, but I think the dragon issue may be caused by having too many parts, as not all of them appear to be able to show up on the body parts list in-game. On another note, all giant shadow spiders show up as males-and all GCS appear to be female for some reason. (Might be random gen, but seems like it to me) modded the game to tame the bane dragon i caught, and it had the red + flashing on it's tile to indicate a serious injury-possibly a missing organ somewhere.

One more, very minor thing: (freshwater)eels are actually able to survive on land for periods of time, and at least one kind does this as it migrates from rivers to oceans, so they can also move over the ground-they aren't 100% restricted to the water. I suggest taking the giant eel's water dependency away and just leaving it with swims innate.

Edit: And you did a damn good job of making evil regions that much more terrifying! Nothing like seeing 10 flying implords, more than ten cave trolls, and heaven knows how many other nasties i could SEE to give a player pause.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:52:46 pm by Byakugan01 »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32