Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6229 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Loading Drivers For Day 2 (7/8)
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2024, 08:47:58 pm »

MS, wondering what/if you have to add to the show/story/deets before I go into what could be spoilers.  Or if you have more to chase, if so, I missed what you're still chasing.
As of right now, all I have to say is that, according to what I would consider normal rules of engagement, if Crymea were the target of a kill action while jailkept (or otherwise protected), the targeting player would still be identified to a watcher. The simplest leap of logic would be to presume that Crymea attempted a kill.

However, other data may exist that suggest otherwise.

Makes sense.

Do you intend to say anything about yourself?  If I have spoilers that may reveal something about you, anything you wanna say first?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2024, 08:58:43 pm »

Do you intend to say anything about yourself?  If I have spoilers that may reveal something about you, anything you wanna say first?
I don't think that's necessary at the moment, no. I assume you worked out what I was signalling and that you plan to reveal it with your own claim. I suppose if you're wrong I'll have to correct the record, but I doubt it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2024, 09:01:41 pm »

I don't think that's necessary at the moment, no. I assume you worked out what I was signalling and that you plan to reveal it with your own claim. I suppose if you're wrong I'll have to correct the record, but I doubt it.

Okay.  That puts you in the 'slightly better than Sof, maybe' pile, but it's up to everyone to sort that out.  You can speak up later too.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2024, 11:28:07 pm »

explodes with frustration and confusion

Arglebargle.

I kinda really wanna know why AP chose to target JB to rolecop, and that may matter (forgot I was wondering about that when I listed my questions earlier)

I kinda wanna know why Juicebox picked AP to give that jailkeep CM action to.

I extremely massively wanna know what Sofa's gonna say about themself/their results/actions, if we're gonna get to know that?????????????  Whaaa Sofa pwease.

Otherwise I'm sick of sitting on the stuff I wanna claim and can't figure anything else out without more info and/or other people thinking and I don't wanna wait until Wednesday to discuss.

So I hope Sofa discusses soon or says 'not gonna' or whatever.  mwaaaaaah.  I expect to discuss what I can tomorrow, hope you guys can continue to figure it out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2024, 06:55:54 am »

MS, wondering what/if you have to add to the show/story/deets before I go into what could be spoilers.  Or if you have more to chase, if so, I missed what you're still chasing.
As of right now, all I have to say is that, according to what I would consider normal rules of engagement, if Crymea were the target of a kill action while jailkept (or otherwise protected), the targeting player would still be identified to a watcher. The simplest leap of logic would be to presume that Crymea attempted a kill.

However, other data may exist that suggest otherwise.

I’d also note that if not CM, then the default suspects are the people who knew the block would occur - in this case, AP and potentially Juicebox. Though mafia can just nokill and hope something like this happens, though there’s an attendant risk there. And I guess other things could explain the lack of a nightkill, given three people haven’t claimed yet and the game is bastard.

It’s kind of difficult to get too invested in analysis when we’re waiting for a stunning revelation from Imp or Max to completely change our understanding of the night results. I guess I’ll try and go over D1 again, and maybe try to guess what Max was hinting, if they were hinting anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2024, 08:30:57 am »

This really isn't trivial to parse, huh.  What happened is that I originally tried jailing NJW, but whether my action was stolen, blocked, or redirected, I don't know.  I'm currently suspicious of AnimePigeon and juicebox for their seemingly unwarranted midnight cooperation that also, coincidentally, involved my ability that, keep in mind, didn't properly apply to NJW, and I highly doubt there's several jailkeepers in this game; however, another possibility is that NJW is lying about committing any action and gained all the insight he shared with us today through his mafia chat.  I get the feeling that, once Max and Imp show their hands, the game might solve itself.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2024, 09:23:29 am »

Unvote

This is complicated.  Thanks, Sofa, for details.

I think we now play 'find the liar' ... and I sure hope there aren't townie lies in the mix too.  Max makes this harder by not claiming much, though he threw a few clues.

I'm going to start just with my full reveal and some obvious big 'but that means X or Y can't be true' details with various claims, because I don't know what's true but some things seem to conflict.

I am a tracker.  I targeted CM last night.  I was told that CM did nothing N1.

However, if I actually successfully targeted CM, and if NJW is a watcher who watched CM, then NJW should have seen me visit CM as well as AP.  That didn't happen, how?

Also, does my role existence explain AP's result of 'tracker'?  If so, how?

AP says they rolecopped JB and got a 'tracker' result.  Is that actually me who was rolecopped?  JB seems to have an unusual ability set that is so not 'tracker' - but JB was careful to say some stuff.  I guess we really need to hear more from JB?

I'm sorry for the inactivity guys, I've had a pretty interesting weekend. So as for my claim, I was the one who gave AnimePigeon the extra action.

I don't want to reveal too much about my role right now, but what I will say is that AnimePigeon isn't quite right about it.

I definitely didn't track anyone tonight. All I did was give AnimePigeon the jail action.

PPE. Yes I did set the target for the action to CM, because they were my next highest scumpick after Egan at the end of D1.

I note that JB did NOT say he couldn't track, and he also put a 'tonight' (N1? last night if so) on the idea of him tracking - and being he didn't jailkeep either, he gave someone the jailkeep ability - I wonder if he means he could maybe 'transfer' that ability from someone who has it (I do, no idea if anyone else can) and give it to someone else, with a preset target, to use or not.

I wonder if JB has a list of abilities to choose to target and give, and maybe they all come from people who have them.  The TricMagic Heist game had a mix of roles from very basic (one was just a tracker, like me this game) to complex and highly custom, even interlocking with others (Like my town superdoc that game which was also the way the solo mafia killed in that not even a bastard game).  So I'm not surprised, despite my simple and straightforward looking role, if this game has some super complex roles.

Egan maybe was something awful or got messed with by something awful.  The flip was town watcher that got interrupted by a communication shutdown before anything else showed (if it could have, we don't know if this game would typically have full flips).  But Egan claimed miller and post restriction, and NJW claims inherited the role but wasn't informed of gaining the rest of Egan's claims.

Max asked AP what AP did last night.  And then asked me not to spoiler when he asked AP what the result on AP's target was.  I heard my result, which did make me wonder various things.  I also wonder if it's just Max setting up indirectly that he redirected AP to me, so Max knew he was going to hear a rolecop result on me, not JB, and wanted me to not do the obvious stuff I might upon hearing there's supposedly another of whatever my role is:

AnimePigeon, what did you do last night?
I targeted Juicebox and learnt his role ability.
Can you tell us what the ability is?

Imp, no spoilers.

But there's further craziness going on, either lies or possibly multiple redirection(s).

Whoever I targeted last night did nothing.  A **lot** of stuff happened last night, and there's a LOT of evidence that CM did nothing, but Sofa claims to have done nothing as well.

NJW claims to have watched CM but didn't see two visits, so either NJW somehow didn't watch CM (redirected or lied, but knew about AP visit to CM, but dared say nobody else visited, that's bold for a lie?) or I didn't track CM (I was redirected to Sofa instead, who actually didn't do anything?  Or to myself and got told CM didn't do anything because I'm forced to watch myself do nothing?)

Help, this is complex.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2024, 10:17:33 am »

Interesting. I guess we wait for Max’s claim.

There is exactly one plausible claim he can make that won’t incriminate you… I wonder if we’ll see it.

I don’t see how he could have this role and justify all the build-up the two of you have been up to, but perhaps you just wanted to claim last?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2024, 10:29:09 am »

Yes, I redirected AP to Imp.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2024, 10:40:27 am »

Interesting. I guess we wait for Max’s claim.

There is exactly one plausible claim he can make that won’t incriminate you… I wonder if we’ll see it.

I don’t see how he could have this role and justify all the build-up the two of you have been up to, but perhaps you just wanted to claim last?

I'm interested in your focus on 'won't incriminate you'.

What's your head doing?  What story do you see in this?  Why do you think anyone cares if I'm incriminated or not?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2024, 10:46:48 am »

I suspect you’re lying, Max. And I don’t think you’ve chosen a very plausible lie.

Otherwise Imp is lying, CM is lying and I’m lying, if AP did do the jail keep. Or I’m lying, CM is lying and AP is lying, if AP didn’t.

Still… you could have claimed to have bussed Imp and Juicebox, which would’ve simplified things. So either you want chaos or the truth is very very messy.

Imp: I expected a bus claim which would make it my word vs yours and sofas. As it stands… you’re somewhere in the middle of all this, on account of that visit.

Anyway… what was it you’d noticed?

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2024, 10:48:40 am »

Yes, I redirected AP to Imp.

This helps explain a lot.

But technically, wouldn't you redirecting me to Imp, also have Jailed Imp?

Or does your redirect specify it only effects base actions as opposed to additional actions (like the jail which I was given only the option to jail 1 named person)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2024, 10:49:51 am »

Or does your redirect specify it only effects base actions as opposed to additional actions (like the jail which I was given only the option to jail 1 named person)
It doesn't say that, but I'm guessing it's either that, or that your locked-target action couldn't be redirected (because you can't choose a target for it anyway).

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2024, 10:52:05 am »

This really isn't trivial to parse, huh.  What happened is that I originally tried jailing NJW, but whether my action was stolen, blocked, or redirected, I don't know.  I'm currently suspicious of AnimePigeon and juicebox for their seemingly unwarranted midnight cooperation that also, coincidentally, involved my ability that, keep in mind, didn't properly apply to NJW, and I highly doubt there's several jailkeepers in this game; however, another possibility is that NJW is lying about committing any action and gained all the insight he shared with us today through his mafia chat.  I get the feeling that, once Max and Imp show their hands, the game might solve itself.

I'm simply a Role Cop, I can't help if other people choose to give me very specific and conditional abilities (like the Jail on CM).

You're directing your frustration at the wrong person.

Give me a big red button, god damn I'm certain to press it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2024, 11:02:13 am »

I suspect you’re lying, Max. And I don’t think you’ve chosen a very plausible lie.

Otherwise Imp is lying, CM is lying and I’m lying, if AP did do the jail keep. Or I’m lying, CM is lying and AP is lying, if AP didn’t.

Still… you could have claimed to have bussed Imp and Juicebox, which would’ve simplified things. So either you want chaos or the truth is very very messy.

Imp: I expected a bus claim which would make it my word vs yours and sofas. As it stands… you’re somewhere in the middle of all this, on account of that visit.

Anyway… what was it you’d noticed?

I have two trains of thought here.

One being that MaximumSpin & Imp are definitely both aligned sharing a chat or something like that, thus voting one of them makes some sense. Given the situation I would suggest if voting between Imp & MaximumSpin, that MaximumSpin would be the best choice.

My other train of thought is Sofa because I would rather avoid the conflicting narratives and try to solve the inner workings of the intertwined roles.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19