Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4416 times)

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (5/7, Day 2)
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2024, 05:42:58 pm »

No, Imp, you make yourself useful to me and I’ll win with you. That is, and always has been, the price for you to win with me.

You want your allies to take all of the risk, and you don’t offer to take any of the burden. Sounds a bit one-sided doesn’t it?
The tone of Hector in this message doesn't really sound Townie at all.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2024, 05:49:47 pm »

No, Imp, you make yourself useful to me and I’ll win with you. That is, and always has been, the price for you to win with me.

You want your allies to take all of the risk, and you don’t offer to take any of the burden. Sounds a bit one-sided doesn’t it?
Imp has made zero contribution to the town wincon and expects town to give everything up to to help then reach their survivor wincon. Indeed, I would suggest the desire to hide information is actually hurting the town wincon, particularly in light of the shortened D1.

Why do you want Imp to keep information from the town?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2024, 05:53:24 pm »

What a terrifying game.

I have no idea who's who or what's what.

I'm aware anything I say may actually help people who are incredibly dangerous, even to me.

that was information that needed to stay in the dark and there is now another goddamn plate to keep spinning.

If anyone else has critical information scum could potentially use, please think carefully before revealing it.

I don't even know what scum do and don't know; I don't know who the flip the scum is/are or who I help how by saying whatever I could say.

Y'all make it clearer who's winning and how I can help, that's great.  Town's my safest bet.  Town for sure can end the game with me alive.  Town could be my only chance.  Last Spin, at end game, we had 3 live anti-town folks going into that end game.  1 could win with me alive, 2 could not, explicitly had wincons that meant they lost if the game ended and anyone not on their team was alive.

This game is absolute madness for me and a dance of trust on something thinner than a knife's edge; I don't know who the town are and I don't know how to further my wincon.

You guys have to solve this, however you do.  I wish you all the best, especially those I can win with.

Why don't you have any of the concerns that NJW does about info that could be useful for scum that I may be withholding - from scum?  I don't know and I am very concerned.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2024, 05:55:43 pm »

Ok, it's not going to be an issue today, because I have the contraband that primes people and there's probably only one

but

jesus christ

that was information that needed to stay in the dark and there is now another goddamn plate to keep spinning.

For the benefit of CrystallizedMire, and anyone else who hasn't realised this, it is very possible that we are on a knife edge right now.

We are down to five players, in a game that quite possibly has two scum who, if they don't include Imp, have not yet openly allied with her solely out of caution.

Even if the setup is something else, like scum+SK or mafia+mally (mafia ally, google it), we are a kill and an elimination away from having 3 players left. And there is extra killing power and two forms of vote manipulation. I shouldn't have to explain this, but we are very likely at LYLO or at least MYLO, depending on the setup. If anyone else has critical information scum could potentially use, please think carefully before revealing it. Don't vote until you're certain, and absolutely DO NOT vote until AnimePigeon has had a chance to post.

And that's assuming we aren't just waiting around for scum to endgame us right now, listening to Imp and Hector bickering.

I gave you Vodka.

That should prove that CM is lying unless you now have two contrabands.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2024, 06:01:44 pm »

Deftly ignoring the questions again, AP.

It’s risk and reward Imp. Do you think we benefit from being in ignorance or knowing what we face going forward?

If we know what we face, we can deal with it, possibly. If we have no idea, what do we do about it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2024, 06:07:39 pm »

Imp has made zero contribution to the town wincon and expects town to give everything up to to help then reach their survivor wincon. Indeed, I would suggest the desire to hide information is actually hurting the town wincon, particularly in light of the shortened D1.

I'm not sure what I can tell you to ease you.

I am wary of Imp, but your tone hasn't felt great to me and all I can go off is tone and information currently.

No one bar NJW have seemingly actively contributed or attempted to solve. 

I may be wrong, but today feels like we already clearly know who we should be Voting, I say that should be CM.

Information that Imp could provide the Town, could also be Info that we as a Town would deem harmful.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2024, 06:07:54 pm »

Imp: claim your contraband or lack of it now. I'm not going to trust your survivor claim 100% and nothing you can say will change that. I'd ask this of someone who hadn't claimed survivor and that I was townreading.

If anyone else has critical information scum could potentially use, please think carefully before revealing it. Don't vote until you're certain, and absolutely DO NOT vote until AnimePigeon has had a chance to post.

And that's assuming we aren't just waiting around for scum to endgame us right now, listening to Imp and Hector bickering.

That should prove that CM is lying unless...

It’s risk and reward Imp. Do you think we benefit from being in ignorance or knowing what we face going forward?

If we know what we face, we can deal with it, possibly. If we have no idea, what do we do about it?

Uhh.  I still don't claim anything or not claim anything.  I don't currently counterclaim anyone either.  I expressly and explicitly am not claiming if I did or did not give anyone anything last night or who I gave it to or did not give it to or what it is or isn't.

NJW you may be one of the most mentally capable players still alive.  You've made potentially conflicting directives.

If you can be trusted by me, that's awesome for me, you're pretty darn wise.

Do you still think I should say what?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2024, 06:17:41 pm »

I'm not sure what I can tell you to ease you.

I am wary of Imp, but your tone hasn't felt great to me and all I can go off is tone and information currently.

I may be wrong, but today feels like we already clearly know who we should be Voting, I say that should be CM.

Information that Imp could provide the Town, could also be Info that we as a Town would deem harmful.

I was trying to convince non-town, who has been demonstrably self-centered the entire game, to help the town.

In my experience, the scum are the only ones who benefit from having little to no information in the game.

In this game, we get to choose who has powers with possibly the sole exception being the kill.

Why on earth do you apparently want us to do that blind?

Imp: claim your contraband or lack of it now. I'm not going to trust your survivor claim 100% and nothing you can say will change that. I'd ask this of someone who hadn't claimed survivor and that I was townreading.

If anyone else has critical information scum could potentially use, please think carefully before revealing it. Don't vote until you're certain, and absolutely DO NOT vote until AnimePigeon has had a chance to post.

That should prove that CM is lying unless...

Uhh.  I still don't claim anything or not claim anything.  I don't currently counterclaim anyone either.  I expressly and explicitly am not claiming if I did or did not give anyone anything last night or who I gave it to or did not give it to or what it is or isn't.

NJW you may be one of the most mentally capable players still alive.  You've made potentially conflicting directives.

If you can be trusted by me, that's awesome for me, you're pretty darn wise.

Do you still think I should say what?

I know you’re not claiming things, that’s rather the point.

Straight up, do you think the town benefits from less or more knowledge about the game?

Anyway. I have a block.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2024, 06:23:41 pm »

Bear in mind this could be the last point in the game contraband changes hand. If we end up with three players D3, the game ends before it can be used again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2024, 06:24:06 pm »

*changed again, not used again.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2024, 06:46:27 pm »

NJW: Who did you suspect would've killed you last night?
Well, regardless of who the mafia were, I didn't get much heat D1, which made me a likely mafiakill target according to conventional play.

In terms of which players I thought might actually be mafia and want to kill me... I mean, that's basically asking where my reads were last night. Which is fair enough, though I'd like to caveat that my reads right now are more to do with the events of the night and people's claims.

I thought there was something odd about animepigeon - they seemed over-friendly in most cases, and oddly happy to align with Imp against Hector. This could just be a newer player sticking to the person they knew and trying to remain on most people's good side, so it was a pretty weak read. Scum!Animepigeon would be especially willing to kill me. I've also found Hector to be worryingly defensive and quick to misread people's posts, though there are extenuating circumstances there. scum!Hector might well target me, though I don't know if they'd go for me in particular. And I guess scum!Imp wouldn't like the fact that I'm pretty sympathetic to Hector's position. So those were my reads D1... there wasn't much to go on.
Interestingly, Imp put Sofajack at L-1 right after Animepigeon so I think those two might be teamed

Also, the contraband I'm holding kills me if I'm primed at eod not priming itself

Hector has repeatedly tried to wrangle an answer out of Imp and she is refusing to answer. I know for a fact that I gave my contraband to NJW. I have given most of the information I know to town, and yet you think that Imp could provide town? I think the vote is clear, you and Imp are a team of no good scum.
IMP
I'm voting Imp since there is still a chance for anime pigeon to be town but we know for sursies that Imp is not.

Why? How doesn't it sound towny?
she/her

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2024, 06:50:56 pm »

NJW: Who did you suspect would've killed you last night?
Well, regardless of who the mafia were, I didn't get much heat D1, which made me a likely mafiakill target according to conventional play.

In terms of which players I thought might actually be mafia and want to kill me... I mean, that's basically asking where my reads were last night. Which is fair enough, though I'd like to caveat that my reads right now are more to do with the events of the night and people's claims.

I thought there was something odd about animepigeon - they seemed over-friendly in most cases, and oddly happy to align with Imp against Hector. This could just be a newer player sticking to the person they knew and trying to remain on most people's good side, so it was a pretty weak read. Scum!Animepigeon would be especially willing to kill me. I've also found Hector to be worryingly defensive and quick to misread people's posts, though there are extenuating circumstances there. scum!Hector might well target me, though I don't know if they'd go for me in particular. And I guess scum!Imp wouldn't like the fact that I'm pretty sympathetic to Hector's position. So those were my reads D1... there wasn't much to go on.
Interestingly, Imp put Sofajack at L-1 right after Animepigeon so I think those two might be teamed

Also, the contraband I'm holding kills me if I'm primed at eod not priming itself

Hector has repeatedly tried to wrangle an answer out of Imp and she is refusing to answer. I know for a fact that I gave my contraband to NJW. I have given most of the information I know to town, and yet you think that Imp could provide town? I think the vote is clear, you and Imp are a team of no good scum.
IMP
I'm voting Imp since there is still a chance for anime pigeon to be town but we know for sursies that Imp is not.

Why? How doesn't it sound towny?
Hectors Tone toward Imp, sounds like Hector is Scum that wants to figure out a way to win with Imp whilst appearing "Townie".

He's not talking asif he is a Town Member, he is talking all purely about himself.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2024, 06:53:21 pm »

In a smaller game like this, especially given there could be 2 Evils, if we vote Imo, and they flip Survivor, Town will lose.

So I would rather not edge bets on whether Imp is or isn't a Survivor.

Imp is trying to get a solve.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2024, 07:04:46 pm »

In a smaller game like this, especially given there could be 2 Evils, if we vote Imo, and they flip Survivor, Town will lose.

So I would rather not edge bets on whether Imp is or isn't a Survivor.

Imp is trying to get a solve.

EJ of the hydra’s was correct when he said that solo scum in a game like this is exactly the same as a survivor.

I don’t need to state Imp is playing to a third-party wincon again, but here we are…

Why do you want the game kept in a low information state? You and Imp appear to be the only ones who want to reject a mass claim outright, and if the game is in LYLO, that’s certainly one way of dealing with it.

The alternative is we have 1 scum, and we’re not quite in MYLO, but we also have to pass powers around at least one more time before LYLO - probably - in which case a mass claim will help us avoid clashes in actions, should we decide to use the contraband.

We know Imp is non-town and wants to keep the game in a low information state so we have a harder time coming to conclusions, but what’s your excuse?

What makes you think having more information in the game will be a net-negative to town?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2024, 07:08:49 pm »

I would also like to repeat my “tone” toward Imp was geared toward a claimed survivor, whose main concern is themselves. I was appealing to them that revealing the information they have is going to be a neutral move to them, because it doesn’t adversely affect scum or town too much.

They were also appealing to me specifically to be an ally to help their wincon, and I said the only way I’ll help them with their wincon is to help me with mine.

If you’re so worried about me not being town, AP, why not press me a bit? You RVS’d me yesterday, and we butted heads briefly, but it clearly didn’t alleviate any concerns, but you’ve not really done anything else about it. Why not?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15