Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4446 times)

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2024, 09:39:23 am »

Greetings comrades. Glory to the cause!

AnimePigeon: Several posts, no real contribution. How do you usually find scum, and how do you plan to do it this game?
Hello NJW2000,

I think you've made a fair summary of my input thus far, but what your missing is that I've definitely contributed more this far than most bar Imp.

The main contributions from Hector have been to ostracise Imp and put a target on there back. Whilst Imp could be Mafia Aligned either in Role or circumstances in the game, it's likely a little unfair to make those presumptions on Day 1.

I'm not really great at summarising my own abilities or anything like that - thus if anyone is interested, I would recommend you all come to join Socially Deduce This (Discord Based Social Deduction) & BoardGameGeek (Forum Based Social Deduction) to get a better evaluation of my playing style.

I've often been told I haven't contributed much, but I've often been fairly on the money with my observations and assessments when I make them. I struggle to mass post like Imp and other similar players that I have experience of playing with. Mainly because I'm not a fan of aimless posting with no real objective.

So far this game, there isn't really much content to bounce off.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2024, 09:41:03 am »

Only thing I can really say is if Imp tries to insinuate I'm a clever or good player - you can ignore that 😂

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2024, 10:00:08 am »

Only thing I can really say is if Imp tries to insinuate I'm a clever or good player - you can ignore that 😂
That is exactly what a clever or good player would say! 😂

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2024, 10:04:48 am »

Th way to deal with a survivor depends on who it is. Generally it's easier for a survivor to win with town, because they can play the game normally and hunt. The early claim of a TP could be a mask for an SK~mafia-ally.

Shooting a survivor isn't a good use of a bullet honestly. If you know they're a survivor, that's one less slot to solve, and greater chance of hitting scum. Shooting a survivor doesn't advance town wincon at all. It does advance mafia-wincon however.

... Hector, I'll admit my memory is like a rusty bucket today, but didn't you just imply mafia won't shoot them?

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2024, 10:10:59 am »

That is exactly what a clever or good player would say! 😂
Worth a Shot ain't it ;)

Guess you'll have to come see me on my Homesites then ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2024, 10:30:03 am »

I’ll just drop an OMGUS on AnimePigeon here.

What contributions have you made toward finding scum?

Imp has claimed non-town. Why should I do anything but ostracize that given their claimed wincon has nothing to do with finding scum, and their behaviour has not convinced me they have any intention of doing so?

What has convinced you Imp wants to win with town?

I am the only person to express any discomfort with the survivor claim - I absolutely hate neutral third parties - this has apparently convinced the survivor I am 1,000% scum, and they have spent a handful of posts spinning a quite frankly beautiful narrative that I’m attempting to rally the town and control all the actions even though the only thing I’ve really done is say what I think is the best way to deal with survivors, and suggested a way to mechanically solve the game that currently zero people have gone for, and half a person has expressed interest in.

Boy, I’m a regular Puppetmaster Supreme, me.

PPE:
Th way to deal with a survivor depends on who it is. Generally it's easier for a survivor to win with town, because they can play the game normally and hunt. The early claim of a TP could be a mask for an SK~mafia-ally.

Shooting a survivor isn't a good use of a bullet honestly. If you know they're a survivor, that's one less slot to solve, and greater chance of hitting scum. Shooting a survivor doesn't advance town wincon at all. It does advance mafia-wincon however.

... Hector, I'll admit my memory is like a rusty bucket today, but didn't you just imply mafia won't shoot them?

In general, why would scum shoot a survivor? The usual scum wincon is to equal or outnumber town. Survivors aren’t town, and they can try to use the vote on them if they become a problem.

Specifically here, has Imp convinced you that they have any interest beyond their own survival at this point? Why would scum in this game shoot Imp?

NJW

Imp claimed survivor in a spoiler here, which is why I think they’re around.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2024, 10:31:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the Mafia would only shoot or test messing with the Survivor Claim, if they felt it was actually a sneaky cover for a Good Special or a PR Role.

Any Shot or use of Contraband on Imp today, tonight or in the next day would likely be a waste.

Part of me would prefer a D1 No Vote, but I know in the majority of Social Deduction Sphere's that reality is very unlikely, even if it is technically Pro-Good.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2024, 10:54:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What contributions have you made toward finding scum? Day 1 is generally a day filled with a lack thereof relevant and information. We aren't sure what is factual, what is relavant - and it's super easy to get stuck on relatively insignificant points or snags of information.

Most of the players in this game haven't really contributed much. So there is a chance the Scum/Mafia have yet to really land in the game.

You're far too fixated on Imp's Claim in my opinion. I can understand why, but your current mindset isn't going to help solve this game. OMGUS is typically always a terrible reason to sus anyone.

Sure, assuming that Imps Claim is real, there is a chance they could align with the Mafia or if the claim isn't real, they could be a Mafia but being as bold as Imp has been thus far with there claim and being Mafia Aligned would be like signing there own Death Warrant.

Imp as a Survivor wouldn't usually have any information that would indicate who's Town or Mafia, they will only have there own Meta Tells or Reads on the other players to gauge the room.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2024, 10:56:47 am »

There is probably another issue with taking it at face value, Imp being solo scum in a game is no different from playing as SK. Or survivor for that matter.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2024, 11:03:13 am »

So far I can't see SofaJack & Hector being the Same Alignement.

But I could see a world where NJW & Hector being paired as the same Alignement.

I could see TricMagic & Imp being Aligned too in some way.

Likely nothing really to guage from this until the Day has Ended and Night has passed.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2024, 11:05:51 am »

Slow your roll, Hector13 - I was asking why you think there’s a vig or similar.

Unvote for now… I don’t think RVS is going to be enough to shake AP.

Pfp so not much to say right now… the Hector/AP thing is interesting though.

Tric: apparently contraband is dangerous but useful - under what circumstances do you think you’d avoid using it for the sake of safety?
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2024, 11:10:49 am »

Anyway, Imp is not going to claim survivor if Imp is town, that would be off the wall bananas.

I'm not this time; I am survivor exactly as I claimed.  But there are circumstances I can imagine where I would, as town, claim survivor.  Has a lot to do with my exact role and what I think I know about the game and others' roles, if I might do that.

My position is thus: I would prefer not to use the town’s only guaranteed means of eliminating scum on someone who may not be scum, hence my desire to see Imp shot.

We're in a Spin game.  We've already seen elim not kill anti-town in a Spin game D1 (created the scum we faced for the rest of the game) and D3 (the SK had 2 lives, and even elim just removed 1).  We have history with stories of Rasputin who survived being poisoned, shot, then falling out a window and into an icy river, with footprints leading away suspected to be his and no body ever recovered.

A means to kill is exactly that.  Be it elim or other.  Whoever can and chooses to kill should kill for their side's benefit, of course.  Only someone who needs a survivor dead should try to kill me through any means.  If you have actual enemies and are not just an eater-of-survivors, I recommend you don't waste your time, though we Spin so sure, someone could have a weakness or immunity to normal death.  Anything is possible when we Spin as far as I know.

a healthy respect for your ability to pick up on small details and pull players into the discussion. As town, that could create a formidable towncore... I'm interested in seeing how it works for a survivor.

Presuming you're not already informed you're on Hector's team, and presuming you're interested in my reading of others, there's something quite off about how Hector's playing - it's hard for me not to scumhunt, I like doing so and it's natural for me.

Are you planning to scumhunt D1, or will you be content to simply survive?

I love playing.  I will be playing intensely this game, but hopefully not so intense that it lowers any player's or Mod's enjoyment.  Reading people is usually a part of the game and playing it.  I don't find any role or alignment boring or a reason to play less (post restrictions and such can indeed change how I play).  As survivor, I can see if there's alliances offered in any way, but it's all out in the open.  Playing for town is how it goes, far as I know.  And I'm fine with that, in my core of cores, I'm town no matter what my role.

But just because Hector wants me dead, and that is my beef with him... I urge anyone not known to be Hector's allies to really look at what Hector's moving towards.  Eep.  Can't wait to see what everyone's alignments right now are, after the game's done.  If Hector's town I'm really, really, really surprised (I'm not really surprised if we do or don't have town).

I read further and you want to kill Hector because he suggested we get rid of you. Heh. I understand your motives, but he's right that you're a great vig target and an awkward elim (unless you're very hard not to scumread).

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2024, 11:42:13 am »

@NJW Maybe I know there’s a vig, maybe I don’t. Maybe it doesn’t matter.

AnimePigeon

You are much smarter than you let on, bub. I will enjoy playing with you.

See, I say it’s an OMGUS and then actually gave two pretty good reasons for voting you, clearly making it not an OMGUS.

I’m not fixated on Imp’s claim, at least not on the way you imply. I have posited how I think survivor!Imp should be dealt with, and cited a source as to why.

That’s as far as my interest in Imp goes, beyond refuting the nonsense they’re throwing out about my motive.

I’m curious why people are reacting the way they are to it, because that’s basically the only content to go on right now.

One thing you are right on, however, is Imp’a claim being a smokescreen. Not for me, I’ve given what I think should happen, and Imp is solidly working against that, which just makes me think more and more Imp is a survivor. No, scum can easily slide into it, side with Imp (because scum isn’t going to side with someone who has no interest in utilizing the only guaranteed means of eliminating scum to eliminate not!scum) and allow that to play out with little effort.

It could be cultural differences at play, but the best way to actually make D1 useful is to take an active part in D1.

Scum don’t need to do that, and I have in the past as scum been quite happy to sit on the sidelines D1 and watch town tear themselves apart.

You don’t seem interested in actually providing content. You’re obviously thinking about the game, but you’re only doing so reactively. It’s clear two (well, 1.5) other players have expressed interest in eliminating me - which is fine I’d really rather  like to get on with my weekend - so I am currently the easiest person to eliminate.

Imp

Pretty sure Max’s last game was Bastard.

Yo, Max is this game Bastard?

I suppose the most Bastard game would be a game that isn’t advertised as such, but it would be poor form anyway.

Imp’s doing nothing but be concerned I think the best way of dealing with survivors is to shoot them, and trying to twist that into me being scum.

It blows my mind people always wonder why I don’t like neutrals smh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2024, 11:48:53 am »

Imp’s doing nothing but be concerned I think the best way of dealing with survivors is to shoot them, and trying to twist that into me being scum.

It blows my mind people always wonder why I don’t like neutrals smh.

Question for Hector, and the rest of the game but let's see how Hector answers, please.

I imagine a game design of this; it's totally made up, I have no idea what our actual game design is except it has at least 1 survivor.

7 players

1 survivor
4 town
2 scum

Let's say we elim 1 scum D1.

Let's say survivor is shot N1.

Now, we have a D2:

4 town, 1 scum.  Game continues, town could lose.

Different event:

Let's say we elim scum D1.

N1 the other scum is shot.

Game over, man.  Even better for town because town can't lose.

If I'm honest about my survivor claim than killing me, instead of someone who could be anti-town, is not optimal for town.

Elim, vig, whatever, they're kills.  Kill the people your wincon need dead, or try your best.

What's wrong with my thinking, Hector?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2024, 12:01:23 pm »

Slow your roll, Hector13 - I was asking why you think there’s a vig or similar.

Unvote for now… I don’t think RVS is going to be enough to shake AP.

Pfp so not much to say right now… the Hector/AP thing is interesting though.

Tric: apparently contraband is dangerous but useful - under what circumstances do you think you’d avoid using it for the sake of safety?
Yeah, RVS rarely bothers me much.

I have an unfortunate habit of being mis-eliminated as Town, but tend to go the long haul in games when Mafia.

Not that it will mean much here, but just like Imp, I was in the Mafia Champs this year.

Currently just waiting for my Semi-Finals Game, whenever the other Qualifiers Finish.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15