Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 24018 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2024, 02:59:49 pm »

"Are ticks insects? I thought they were a kind of mite."
That comment causes Van to pause for a moment.
"Hrrm you are right; neither ticks nor mites are insects. Technically they are arachnids and do not fit within the insect classification. Forgive my foolishness,,"

"I'm not.  Making art out of the corpses of your enemies is never a waste." 
"Fascinating. I find myself with many questions. Is that a personal or a cultural practice? What is the meaning behind it? Is it to honour the fallen foe or to visually display your dominance over them?"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2024, 01:54:51 pm »

"I'm sure all of those things could be justifiable in the name of friendship."

"But they would nevertheless be an error."

"I'm not.  Making art out of the corpses of your enemies is never a waste." 
"Fascinating. I find myself with many questions. Is that a personal or a cultural practice? What is the meaning behind it? Is it to honour the fallen foe or to visually display your dominance over them?"

"No, it's cause I like face paint and I don't have the cash for good materials.  It's not like they're using the fluids anymore anyway." 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2024, 03:23:42 pm »

Ethan makes a mental note in his friendship ledger: Kyros likes to wear makeup.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2024, 06:29:20 pm »

So did you guys want to continue on, make camp, continue putting bug innards on your face, or do something else?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2024, 07:49:04 pm »

continue on
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2024, 08:11:36 pm »

Yeah, we can't stop here. This is tick country.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2024, 02:06:54 pm »

Two votes is probably enough I guess. You collectively pick up the rope and continue your journey through the grass forest. As before you encounter more giant versions of typically tiny grassland creatures, including giant prairie dog tunnels that could probably house a town, but they remain just as skittish as their more manageably sized counterparts and dash away upon hearing multiple adventurers stumbling through their home with full gear. At one point you encounter a pile of herbivore dung the size of a small hill, a grim reminder that somewhere in this forest lurks creatures that make giant ticks look like regular ticks. Still nothing else attempts to murder you for your bodily fluids, so the journey goes smoothly.

By evening, you have reached the 'O' on the map. Sticking out just barely above the surrounding grass is a series of domed buildings made of a rainbow-colored crystal material. Each is roughly the size of a coliseum, they would seem large if not for your sense of scale being shifted by your trip through the grass forest. It is clearly to anyone with passing knowledge of the Precursors that these are Precursor ruins.

Between the ruins are a series of houses and huts made of the tall yellow grass of the forest. It seems the people who live here have accepted the fact that they can not clear land for housing integrated the grass into their home plans, with many of the homes being basket-like structures incorporating still living grass that rises above with the smoke from their fire places. A similar structure acts as a wall or fence to the settlement, rising up to the top of the surrounding grass with three sister walls a stone's throw away. Said structure would easily be scaled or destroyed by a dedicated army, but it would probably slow down any bandits looking for easy money. Judging by the size of the homes the primary races living here are of the smaller sort.

Mission: Discover the Ruins, complete!

Every player has received 1000 EXP, in addition to any bonus EXP they received before (mostly the rabbit crit failing earlier)

In addition you have defeated 12 level 2 characters, giving an additional 240 EXP.

In addition you receive 260 experience for the fights being down one adventurer (so Lysia can level up and participate in fights). You may update your character sheet accordingly.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2024, 08:58:43 am »

Anyway, I think we all got our sheets in, right?

So... look around for any evidence of someone who might take issue with our entering the ruins without giving some sort of explanation first, and if no such individual is to be found, enter the ruins! Or at least express intent to the rest of the group to do so.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2024, 11:37:53 am »

We haven't gotten the Canadian bunny's in yet but his level up shouldn't change much so go ahead and do things

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 10, 2024, 11:21:24 am »

All sheets are in now.

Anyway, I think we all got our sheets in, right?

So... look around for any evidence of someone who might take issue with our entering the ruins without giving some sort of explanation first, and if no such individual is to be found, enter the ruins! Or at least express intent to the rest of the group to do so.

Smoke is coming from the homes you can see beyond the fence, giving your timing most of the locals are likely enjoying their dinner. They may or may not have problems with you entering their ruins, but apparently not enough of a problem to post any sort of armed guard that would physically prevent your entry.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 10, 2024, 11:23:13 am »

Knock on one of the hut's door. If they live near these ruins then they surely would know a lot about them.
she/her

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2024, 03:35:00 am »

Van knows it can be a little off-putting so it leaves the meeting and greeting to others. Instead, it tries to gauge how often travellers might pass through here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2024, 11:39:42 am »

I explore and kind of take in the sights. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2024, 06:47:18 pm »

I'll join in on greeting the locals like the social butterfly / dog I am.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2024, 06:55:41 pm »

Join in on greeting the locals as well, if they bother greeting us that is.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22