Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59447 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #885 on: January 31, 2024, 10:26:49 pm »

It doesn't matter if I have the Emerald or not.  I get powers based on the last Emerald I received.  I can steal Emeralds by using my powers.  I'm giving Quarque my Emerald because I steal it back.  It gives me an Item to trade away Tomorrow in case I want to trade EuchreJack for the Blue Emerald.  This also potentially allows me to receive any Emeralds that someone might give me without losing my old Refill Ability.
This is not inconsistent?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #886 on: January 31, 2024, 10:32:00 pm »

Oh. I thought you had to steal it back because you need it to get the power.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 31, 2024, 10:35:17 pm »

I am starting to become suspicious of Elephant Parade. I don't like how they're saying imps posts are filler because I feel Imp always has filler posts.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 31, 2024, 10:35:32 pm »

Since we are nearing the end of the day, there is something I need to reveal:

I have a night ability to add a person to a chat. I plan to use that ability on Fallacy.

This means Fallacy and/or I will likely act a bit different tomorrow. That is to be expected, since we will be able to talk about the game in a private chat.
Hopefully, one or both of us will even play better!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 31, 2024, 10:39:40 pm »

No, it just affects what my current Action is.  I am a Flux baby, so my Action changes.

Since we are nearing the end of the day, there is something I need to reveal:

I have a night ability to add a person to a chat. I plan to use that ability on Fallacy.

This means Fallacy and/or I will likely act a bit different tomorrow. That is to be expected, since we will be able to talk about the game in a private chat.
Hopefully, one or both of us will even play better!
Would you mind offering a trade for your Blue Emerald for a Green Emerald?

Also, why Fallacy?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 31, 2024, 10:41:54 pm »

If web's town and fully honest about his gem abilities, it's really easy to power him up.  He can only trade once a day, but everyone can use an action to give.  He can trade an emerald away and be given it back or trade back for it; whatever he has most recently gained is what he can use, until he has them all, then he's free use for all 7 plus unkillable, it's sweet.

It's believable to me, as powers, could have more, might not.

Nothing about what web says as he talks about his powers bugs me in itself.  He feels honest, direct, interested, involved, sincere, practical.  I get this, if he has to help himself, he needs perhaps more than 7 nights to get all the emeralds, and that's probably not going to happen, because some may be fake, there could be theft issues, he can't trade real emeralds away unless someone's kindly giving them back...

he needs our help to make his gem dreams come true, and with it, he could actually achieve full power N1.  At that point it doesn't matter what order he got the gems in, he can just use them, and he's unkillable - but still presumably voteable.  Who knows what actual powers he gets from the 6 unknowns, but he'd have 7 actions a night and any remaining fakes or whatever would be scooped up.  And to make that happen, he 100% needs us to just give him emeralds, right now please.  And he'll cooperate the heck about that, best as he can.

It's when he's talking about anything else.  He's not interested in finding scum.  He's interested in getting his emeralds, the right or all of them.  Anyone anti-web needs to die if possible, and he's not any of those honest/direct/rest about anything else.  He doesn't care.  It's not interesting, important - and that seems to include if we lynch town or scum, long as it's not folks who would/could help him with what he actually cares about.  But NJW, who can speed or slow his emerald gain and said would slow it unless/until web helps kill a scum - which I don't mind as a conditional - and sof and me, we're on his top kill list.  His reads to me are way off.

My issue is I don't feel any of that focus and clarity and concern about anything but those emeralds.

And if he's town, I think he needs to also have a town win, as well as those emeralds, so I think he'd be interested and concerned about both.  And I can't feel that.  That's why I want him dead.  But he actually feels fine to me when he talks about the emeralds.  It's believable and consistent, it's literally everything else that doesn't add up.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 31, 2024, 10:44:33 pm »

Once only?  Shotted?  Any other details we should expect?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 31, 2024, 10:45:23 pm »

My thought process is that anyone hiding an Emerald is scum
How did you arrive at that conclusion exactly?  For all we know, emeralds are nothing but fancy rocks for anyone who isn't you.  This means that the only aspect determining the value of hiding the fact of their possession is your alignment and whether they give you the capacity to do tremendous good or grave evil.  Revealing ownership of them says more about the player's view of you than their own role.
I'm going to vote Crystallizedmire for going quiet again.
You switch a lot without the best rationale.  EP, riddle me this: if Crystal had gone 100% radio silent since the post I'm quoting, would you seriously jeopardize the chance to lynch your suspect #1?  If it's pointless pressure, I don't doubt Crystal's ability to see right through it.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 31, 2024, 10:47:03 pm »

My thought process is that anyone hiding an Emerald is scum
How did you arrive at that conclusion exactly?  For all we know, emeralds are nothing but fancy rocks for anyone who isn't you.  This means that the only aspect determining the value of hiding the fact of their possession is your alignment and whether they give you the capacity to do tremendous good or grave evil.  Revealing ownership of them says more about the player's view of you than their own role.
I'm going to vote Crystallizedmire for going quiet again.
You switch a lot without the best rationale.  EP, riddle me this: if Crystal had gone 100% radio silent since the post I'm quoting, would you seriously jeopardize the chance to lynch your suspect #1?  If it's pointless pressure, I don't doubt Crystal's ability to see right through it.
I don't think I'm doing that. I think you will be lynched regardless of whether the other lynch is Webadict or Crystallizedmire. If I'm wrong, and the choice is between you and Crystallizedmire, I will switch back to Crystallizedmire.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 31, 2024, 10:47:43 pm »

EBWOP: Switch back to you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 31, 2024, 10:51:47 pm »

I don't think so, but you can ask Fallacy tomorrow.

@Web: I figure Fallacy could use some extra coaching in private to improve his town game. And maybe I'll be a little less psycho with a sounding board.
What are the rules on trading? Can you unilaterally change from your apple trade with Quarque to trade with me today?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 31, 2024, 10:53:05 pm »

I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] webadict, Maximum Spin,  Elephant Parade,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [3] TricMagic, Toonyman, Elephant Parade, Euchrejack
- Toonyman - [1] FallacyofUrist,
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Sofanthiel
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: sofanthiel, webadict, Crystalizedmire

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 31, 2024, 10:55:52 pm »

EuchreJack will offer his Blue Emerald for webadict's Green Emerald
...I'm sure nothing bad will come of this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #898 on: January 31, 2024, 10:56:24 pm »

What are the rules on trading? Can you unilaterally change from your apple trade with Quarque to trade with me today?

Trade Rules Reminder
Trade: Declare in the thread in Bold, Purple text that you will trade [item name] for [item name]. After the day ends, but before the night begins, all valid trades will take place in a Trading Phase. A trade is valid if two players make matching purple bolded statements. If multiple players match, the last trade offers are picked. Players can only trade items they currently own before the Trading Phase, but any number of Trades may be made in a phase. Players will receive their new items at the start of the night (so hold off on submitting actions if you're expecting to receive an item). Players are privately informed of successful trades. You can't trade 'nothing' or other non-existent items. If a player has more than one item with the same name that would be a valid trade, a random one is picked or they may private message their preference during the day if there is a difference between the same-named items.

(Example: NQT declares he will trade the Eiffel Tower for a Mouse and Tiruin declares she will trade a Mouse for an Eiffel Tower during the trading phase, if NQT had an [item] Eiffel Tower and Tiruin had a [item]Mouse, the trade would be made.)

During the night, everyone may now give. It uses up a night action to do this (trading is more efficient).

The most recent trade takes priority, and so feel free to submit replacement offers. "Withdraw trade" is not a valid trade offer.

I don't think so, but you can ask Fallacy tomorrow.
[/quote]

It's incredibly difficult for me to ask questions about an ability I don't know every detail about.  I can get answers to meaningful questions.

I'm not trying to get all your details.  But if you are interested, you might want to ask.  I'll take it as a 'probably no, and not very interesting to you if so' as is.  But I probably can't get useful answers without knowing more.  Like Toons needed to ask about the Page, not me ask about what Toons had said about the page.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 31, 2024, 10:57:33 pm »

Imp, I think you fail to see why you dying is a net benefit to the Town, regardless of your alignment.  I think you can't accept being wrong easily.  I think you are wrong a lot of the time, and I think you do not change your mind.  I don't remember you being a big vote changer, and I don't remember you actually pushing cases on anyone other than your primary vote target.  You ask questions, a lot of questions, including ones that were answered multiple times, but you don't use that information in a way that I would find useful.

Your death is always useful, and you don't see that.  Because you see your own life, and only care about it.  Perhaps this is because you see you are Town, and that thereforre, anyone who sees you as scum is bad.  Personally, I don't care, it's a flawed vision.

My death is useful.  It finds scum even with me being Town.  It is not preferable, but I think if I die with one of sofa and Crystal, that's a solid Town win.  Look at who's voting for me.  Why, I see someone who hasn't pushed any additional vote targets, nor has voted a single other person the whole Day, in a game where there are two executions.  You see why this is anti-Town behavior, no?

I don't really care if I die.  If I die, I get to work on Demonology, play some games, recover from my ear infection, vote out one scum, and Town can find the rest on the following Days.  I don't think you see that.

EuchreJack will offer his Blue Emerald for webadict's Green Emerald
...I'm sure nothing bad will come of this.
It's a backup plan, in case Quarque explains differently.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 153