Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59011 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2024, 03:38:01 am »

I dunno that Quarque is such a terrible vote, though. For someone who supposedly has a shotted power to block the mafiakill, Quarque sure is in a hurry to make sure you don't ever get the chance to refill it.
I mean, I think there's a chance we're going to hear, "oh golly gee, I used up my one shot and scum had a super, oh well I guess!!!"
I don't like it at all that you're so interested in this. You're provoking me to explain this in more detail, which would be great info for mafia. THIS is your reason for suspecting me, Spin? Really?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2024, 03:38:48 am »

Hello, everyone, I exist!  And it looks like I'm doing some reading tonight.

While I'm making myself busy, Imp, tell me, why is it that you're voting for webadict?  Additionally, what do you think compelled Max to decide to switch to Crystal?  Please provide quotes to substantiate your point of view.

As I was skimming the 150+ new replies, this stood out to me:
I assume Sofanthiel was scum in this game.
No.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2024, 03:41:30 am »

Time slows to a treacle as the last day of the day rolls in...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist - [2] NJW2000, Toonyman,
- Imp
- Quarque -  [1] FallacyofUrist
- Maximum Spin - [1] Euchrejack
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Quarque
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire, Webadict

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 26 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.
NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 31, 2024, 04:03:43 am »

You know what?

>Imp, please provide a comprehensive yet digestible summary of the notable events that have transpired since my post.  Ensure you cover all sides of every important argument while not forgetting to link/quote any messages you deem complementary to the synopsis.  Along with that, abridge the other players' current stances and primary cases in a neat and readable format.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2024, 04:17:08 am »

@Imp:
I haven't been reading your posts.

I haven't read every recent post in full detail I've just been skimming and putting down my core thoughts.

Webadict isn't a good vote because:
1. I like his posts, I think he's scumhunting
2. Robotnik is cool
3. I can confirm the location of Emeralds, which helps give an idea what he was doing at night
f it, I'm taking your word for it and giving web the benefit of the doubt for now

Maximum Spin, the rolefishing makes me regret that I ever gave you such a benefit.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2024, 04:33:11 am »

Dude, I didn't even ask you a single thing about your power. I just said you seem awfully opposed to having it refilled. I didn't expect you to explain and don't particularly care if you do. I assume you are capable of making stuff up if you want.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2024, 04:34:58 am »

If I suspected web, why would I believe the refilling?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 31, 2024, 04:38:34 am »

and yeah, you didn't explicitly ask because that would not be a smart thing to do. You came up with an accusation where I could easily be  provoked into explaining detail if I would defend myself.

I mean, I think there's a chance we're going to hear, "oh golly gee, I used up my one shot and scum had a super, oh well I guess!!!"
Like, how do you expect me to reply to this statement without talking more about how it works?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2024, 04:39:51 am »

I didn't expect you to reply to it at all. I wasn't even talking to you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 31, 2024, 07:04:27 am »

I mean, people are calling me lazy this game, but it's 44 pages of this. We're already twice as long as Roden's Demon Mafia... now that was a game I enjoyed.

Unvote, I like FoU better now they're taking some real stances. Killing them with Jack would get rid of two players I'm not sure about, but for now maybe not.

@Web: I had you down as "maybe scum, possibly 3P", not "definitely 3P". Still do. So that's really not what my read was.

"my gems, my gems, my gems, my gems"
Oh god, have I become TricMagic?
For a minute, you did, why I'm not dropping the 3P possibility. It's looking much less likely now that you seem more interested in killing people, as opposed to going on about gems or idle bickering. Doesn't mean you're not scum, especially with the largely unconstructive engagement with Imp, but at least it's not 3P behaviour.

The CM wagon is something, but I'd need to be satisfied this was scum weak D1 and not newer player weak D1.

Hm. No, I don't like the CM elim, I think they struggle with null reads D1 and sheep a bit as town. In the armed forces game, they followed public opinion quite hard, especially EP.

(See this post where they explain their vigilante nightkill choices, then immediately say that it wasn't a good decision because I looked worse. Potentially reasonable, but it does look like the EP post a few inches above that just swung their opinion.)

Hmm. I especially don't like three strong players piling on, though I guess EP seeing a procedural thing like sheeping and voting on it is pretty in character. Max seems to be being genuinely very interested in scumhunting today, which is weird but maybe a good sign unless they're on a bad elim? And I don't pretend to be able to read Web. Don't like Toony thinking about hopping on it either.

Out of time now but need to look harder at EJ, Imp and QQ. EJ in particular might be a sensible elim... shame about FoU but triple eliminating would be hilarious.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2024, 07:44:15 am »

I wasn't trying to overexplain my role, I was really just seeing who was willing to hand over Emeralds, but everyone only cares if it's a second win condition, and it's hard to deflect those concerns without explaining when I say it doesn't matter and people get more concerned.

Because it doesn't matter.

@Imp:
I haven't been reading your posts.

I haven't read every recent post in full detail I've just been skimming and putting down my core thoughts.

Webadict isn't a good vote because:
1. I like his posts, I think he's scumhunting
2. Robotnik is cool
3. I can confirm the location of Emeralds, which helps give an idea what he was doing at night
f it, I'm taking your word for it and giving web the benefit of the doubt for now

Maximum Spin, the rolefishing makes me regret that I ever gave you such a benefit.
Based on what Toony is saying, he can pretty much confirm my target each Night provided I target someone with an Emerald, and can potentially confirm my Actions by investigating the Emeralds.

Also, I don't see the rolefishing angle.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2024, 08:40:15 am »

Hm, Tric isn't voting? That actually IS suspicious.
I am extremely wary of the day just ending. While I'm asleep. Which yeah, is likely to happen this time too, but at least it's cause day runs out.

As I haven't read everything, this might not be correct. But I can see a Max/Toony scumteam.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2024, 08:42:05 am »

Next post is immediately a well-reasoned webadict post.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2024, 08:46:22 am »

Imp? I've been masochistic enough to reread every post of their scum game. Scum Imp really has a different vibe.

Quarque, a question. Can you point out the differences between solo-scum Imp and town Imp?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2024, 09:04:18 am »

On the other hand, Imp... you could've just said "NO, U", it would have been a lot quicker.

This isn't insult/bullying/me venting hostility, it's me asking you to make posts that commensurately reward the time it takes to read them. You definitely did not need to do the "repeat the exact same criticism" joke more than once, if at all.

I actually dislike this post a lot, but I'm still not going to vote you.

Got it.  What you're saying right now does not read to me as insulting/bullying/you venting.

You're stating your reaction in reasonable and understandable terms.

On second thought, I would have gladly spoilered that, but I'm as glad I commented on it as I presume web was to write what I commented on.

Maybe that's NAI from him, but it sure isn't pro-town in fact or act.  It's a aggressive and harmful act, and to call it 'why I'm scummy' - is scummy of him and I'm glad to clearly, line by line, explore it for any trace of actual real scumhunting.

I don't see any.  I don't read pro-town in any of his posts this game.  And I have read pro town behavior from him -  in a game I was in with him when he was town.  Read it towards me, towards others.  I don't see it this game towards me or others.  Maybe nobody can read him.  I've been wrong before.  I am reading scum behavior and motivation here, even if I'm wrong.
[/quote]To Imp, you're falling into the "webadict is acting, must be scum" hole. In order to lynch them you need to build a case carefully, one they can't escape. Sadly day 1 just isn't that day. On the bright side, two people ae dying, which gives more information going into Night 1 and Day 2. Good chance I'm also dying to Sofanthiel's kill.

Panic is unconducive to arguments. Paranoia can only get you so far. Sometimes you need cold hard logic to catch the lies.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 153