Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58039 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #600 on: January 30, 2024, 10:45:38 pm »

Fallacy is pot committed

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 30, 2024, 10:46:39 pm »

Fallacy, who should we vote instead, if not you?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 30, 2024, 11:10:20 pm »

Okay, so, Fallacy is driving me nuts, but I feel like scum Fallacy is too afraid to just hard-defend a partner like that.

I feel like scum Fallacy would end up distancing too hard and accidentally set off a bus and get his partner executed. Actually, didn't that nearly happen to me in KWN?

So fine, whatever, I still want to lynch EuchreJack but you're all noooooo, so rather than risk possibly killing two town... I really don't think that would kill two town, but I don't think it would kill two scum, ugh, what a stupid power but one I can easily believe a town player with bad red spheres would get saddled with. But if you really are town this time, Fallacy, you deserve to not get killed d1, probably, so I guess I can look somewhere else. For now.

So on that note, has anyone else noticed that Elephant Parade has a really good point and Crymea's arguments have all been either garbage or blatantly cribbed?
Like "Oh, Imp is cool", EP thinks Imp has bad vibes, "yeah weird how Imp fails both our vibe checks", now "never mind, Imp is suddenly cool again for no reason". Poorly implemented distancing or what?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 30, 2024, 11:13:26 pm »

After reconsidering Spin's behavior? Still iffy on Spin, and for that matter Toony, but...

Oh, I don't know.

Fuckit, Quarque. The alternative is sofanthiel, but I still can't process his whole thing exactly, and I'm praying he becomes more coherent at some point.

I don't like his read on Jack, given how meta-based it is. I don't mind that he dislikes Spin, but he's doing it for the wrong reasons. People who overuse meta reads are scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 30, 2024, 11:21:40 pm »

After reconsidering Spin's behavior? Still iffy on Spin, and for that matter Toony, but...

Oh, I don't know.

Fuckit, Quarque. The alternative is sofanthiel, but I still can't process his whole thing exactly, and I'm praying he becomes more coherent at some point.

I don't like his read on Jack, given how meta-based it is. I don't mind that he dislikes Spin, but he's doing it for the wrong reasons. People who overuse meta reads are scum.
This... is all you've got?  :-\

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 30, 2024, 11:22:41 pm »

Crymea's arguments
or what?

Definitely noticed.  Not sure what to think about it.  I have never yet liked much I've seen from CM any D1, but I liked them considerably much before their death in your game, considered them acceptably pro-town by mid-late D3.  So I don't rush my read of CM, because D2/D3 I was voting sof to pressure CM (CM was pulling a Fal without the "I die without my partner", but still doing the 'kill me not him' if you gotta kill one of us) and quite happy to have them both go (D3 CM was dying for an unrelated reason).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 30, 2024, 11:25:11 pm »

Fuckit, Quarque. The alternative is sofanthiel

Hey, Fal.

You are aOK to vote MS, but not web why?

And back when you said this...

Not that I don't appreciate it, but why should I trust you to do this, and why would you choose to fix my little problem instead of, say, fixing Toony's death magnet?

I'm also going to ask why Toony's death magnet should be 'fixed' instead of put into hands that can use it to inconvenience killers?  If we have pro-town killers that find it inconvenient, that can be discussed and handled, but wow, I could fix it really fast if people agreed, but I think that helps scum fairly much, so I'm not agreeing at this point.

Fal, what do you think of my reasoning there about not fixing Toony's death magnet?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 30, 2024, 11:25:59 pm »

Oh, I don't know.

Do I look like an experienced player to you?

What do you want, an essay? Quarque's reads are weird. That's the long and the short of it.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 30, 2024, 11:28:01 pm »

Oh, I don't know.

Quarque is a terrible vote, what the fuck are you doing?

Okay, so, Fallacy is driving me nuts, but I feel like scum Fallacy is too afraid to just hard-defend a partner like that.
Yes, I agree, but they aren't really hard defending anyone.

Oh, I don't know.

Do I look like an experienced player to you?

What do you want, an essay? Quarque's reads are weird. That's the long and the short of it.
Imp's trying to suggest we're partners because you refuse to vote me.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 30, 2024, 11:30:16 pm »

I'm not sure what else to call "don't vote EuchreJack under any circumstances, I will LITERALLY DIE".

I dunno that Quarque is such a terrible vote, though. For someone who supposedly has a shotted power to block the mafiakill, Quarque sure is in a hurry to make sure you don't ever get the chance to refill it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 30, 2024, 11:31:31 pm »

I dunno that Quarque is such a terrible vote, though. For someone who supposedly has a shotted power to block the mafiakill, Quarque sure is in a hurry to make sure you don't ever get the chance to refill it.
I mean, I think there's a chance we're going to hear, "oh golly gee, I used up my one shot and scum had a super, oh well I guess!!!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 30, 2024, 11:33:24 pm »

I'm not sure what else to call "don't vote EuchreJack under any circumstances, I will LITERALLY DIE".

Right, but can you call it hard defending if Fallacy dies if they die?  That's kinda self-preservationism.

My assumption was that Quarque was voting me to try to see if I'd call them scum for voting me, but I don't really see their early interactions as scum worthy.  The only way that works is that Quarque is lying about the Mafiakill block, and while I don't know a lot about Quarque, it's a pretty specific thing to lie about.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 30, 2024, 11:35:08 pm »

Fuckit, Quarque. The alternative is sofanthiel

Hey, Fal.

[1] You are aOK to vote MS, but not web why?

And back when you said this...

Not that I don't appreciate it, but why should I trust you to do this, and why would you choose to fix my little problem instead of, say, fixing Toony's death magnet?

I'm also going to ask why Toony's death magnet should be 'fixed' instead of put into hands that can use it to inconvenience killers?  If we have pro-town killers that find it inconvenient, that can be discussed and handled, but wow, I could fix it really fast if people agreed, but I think that helps scum fairly much, so I'm not agreeing at this point.

[2] Fal, what do you think of my reasoning there about not fixing Toony's death magnet?

[1] I think web is actually playing well. Minus the whole "my gems, my gems, my gems, my gems" thing. But if you take that out of the equation, and look at how he's willing to execute me over Jack, his attempts at solving the game via execution cheese (back when we thought Tric could execute more than two people), cooperative focus, and unlike Toony, actual reasoning behind his reads, web looks pretty town.

[2] Well, if it can be put to good use in an 'unfixed' state, then maybe it's better to leave it and reprioritize Spin's action. Assuming Spin and Toony are being honest.

Quarque is a terrible vote, what the fuck are you doing?

His reads are weird and off! Kinda the same tell Toony's making, actually. Quarque's reads are too meta focused, Toony's reads are unjustified.

If you want to kill Jack you'll have to get through me, first. Jack is as town as you are.

Imp's trying to suggest we're partners because you refuse to vote me.

Of course I'm not going to vote players I think are town! You, Jack, and EP are unvotable for me today unless one of y'all slips up real bad.

And I'm very inclined to give Jack the benefit of the doubt, because if he dies, my time here is done.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 30, 2024, 11:36:42 pm »

I mean, I think there's a chance we're going to hear, "oh golly gee, I used up my one shot and scum had a super, oh well I guess!!!"
I can't deny that as a possibility, but then voting them is the exact same outcome, no?  I'd rather test out the Mafiakill blocker first.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 30, 2024, 11:37:31 pm »

"my gems, my gems, my gems, my gems"
Oh god, have I become TricMagic?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153