Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58189 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #360 on: January 29, 2024, 11:11:32 pm »

I think this is our current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [2] Sofanthiel, Maximum Spin,
- FallacyofUrist
- Imp - [3] Elephant Parade, NJW2000, Crystalizedmire
- Quarque - 
- Maximum Spin [3] FallacyofUrist, Webadict, Quarque
- NJW2000
- Sofanthiel - [2] Euchrejack, TricMagic,
- Toonyman
- TricMagic
- Webadict - [1] Imp,
- No Elimination

Current Eliminations: Imp, Maximum Spin

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 29, 2024, 11:29:36 pm »

I actually forgot I was still voting you. Unvote

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2024, 04:47:08 am »

Bickering continues. From up the galleries, a wandering mendicant monk of the 13th order hectors those down below who dare invoke his name. The horse-trading starts, as the electors make promises, suggestions and threats...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [2] Sofanthiel, Maximum Spin
- FallacyofUrist
- Imp - [2] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire
- Quarque - 
- Maximum Spin [3] FallacyofUrist, Webadict, Quarque
- NJW2000
- Sofanthiel - [2] Euchrejack, TricMagic
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic
- Webadict - [1] Imp
- No Elimination

Current Eliminations: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 49 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.

Spoiler: Trade Rules Reminder (click to show/hide)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2024, 05:03:09 am »

Not ready to post a full reads list yet, but so far:

Tricmagic seems town
CM seems town
Sof seems town
Fal seems town, being his usual mad monkey self
Imp - had some doubts, but after rereading their scum game here, I'm starting to think town.

If I'm right, we're looking at a scum team of dangerous people who are difficult to read.

ToonyMan: I'm weirdly hung up on him giving Supernatural as an example of his most recent scum game -- it's the true and correct answer to the question, but he was an SK and he said after the end of the game that he basically played D1 like town (see  this discord message), making it perhaps a poor choice if one wants to see what scum!Toony looks like (presumably the point of the question). I am definitely overweighing this but it's where my head is at. Otherwise good
Thanks for pointing that out, do you know of a better place to start reading for a good scum Toony example?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2024, 05:31:16 am »

Sorry, I'm just not heavily motivated to play in this chaotic game.

I think my gem is a little different, but I have only been skimming the thread.
The gems specifically don't have their Spheres on them for other people, but Blue, Purple, and White are the ones that will probably be the most useful, with Blue being Setup Knowledge and the other two being a combination of Protection and... Don't worry about it.

Also, Tric, I don't want ToonyMan executed, specifically because he can confirm my Actions and find Emeralds, plus his existence makes sense to me.  I can keep reseting Quarque, which might allow us to get a couple of free executions.

@sofa:  I didn't answer your questions because if you were Quarque's Mason, that would explain your mania and sheeping.  I probably still won't answer your questions but only because I don't want to find them while I'm on my phone.

@Imp:  Rude!
@Web: I won't give up my night action to give away my Blue Emerald, but I would like to provide it to you in exchange for your providing everyone Setup Knowledge unless your newfound knowledge will considerably hurt Town.  I'll trust your desire to honor your deals will generally keep you from using this escape clause unless absolutely necessary. Maybe you can figure out a method of acquiring the Blue Emerald, whether it be trade or theft?

Brutal is right given the number of tunnels in your argument. You could drive a train through a mountain with them.
So you're openly acknowledging that sofanthiel is tunneling yet you're still voting them? I understand that scum can still tunnel but chances are a townie is more likely to tunnel. If you believe that sofanthiel is trying to discredit webadict for bad reasons, share them(unless you already shared them and I just missed it).

Sorry about the sofanthiel posts. It is the only player which I have a strong opinion about. I swear we're not masons this time.
@Crystal: Just an FYI, your ability to read sofanthiel may be skewed, since in your last game you were masons until sofanthiel got converted to scum.
Try to distinguish between Town sofanthiel and Scum sofanthiel please?
I'm inclined to trust you a bit, since you are usually less talkative as scum.

I think that I will join the Imp votetrain. I feel like Imp is actually talking less than when they are town, leading me to think maybe they have a chat in which they are talking. Imp, could you explain?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 30, 2024, 05:38:55 am »

Toony is absolutely Town and I have no intention of changing my opinion about him until Day 2.
But other than that canned response, he usually reads me as suspicious when I'm not active, such as this game. So Null Silly, Toony is absolutely Town
I liked how Fallacy pointed out how overly helpful Toony was.  Toony does that...in most games, although moreso as scum and it further proves how Toony is Town.
So, Toony is town because historically saying anything else gets me lynched Day 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But that is enough about Toony. Too much, actually.

I also trust Web's read of Toony, which probably won't completely and utterly doom us all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 30, 2024, 05:44:29 am »

Point of Clarification: I like the Max vote, currently. It is my intention to elevate Imp to join Max in being eliminated. I think it important to clarify this.
Current scum picks are Max & Imp. NJW2000 worries me also, as he's pretty good. Then again, I always read NJW2000 as scum Day 1.

I guess everyone likes Quarque now? Can anyone explain that to me?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 30, 2024, 06:39:08 am »

I think that I will join the Imp votetrain. I feel like Imp is actually talking less than when they are town, leading me to think maybe they have a chat in which they are talking. Imp, could you explain?

Only you can explain your feelings.  I talk when I have something to say, and get regularly pressured to talk less.

As far as a chat where I can talk in, thus talk less in thread - last game.  Where I had a private chat with God, and talked my head off in it, since God was kind enough to chatter back.

Otherwise, I think you may feel the need to pick someone to vote, and I was at 3 recently, and you want me back there.

You haven't said what you think is scummy about me, other than... how I talk.  So not sure there.  Maybe you can explain it?  If I had to guess your reason for vote imp, "Worked once recently, work again, imp is a person not me, good enough for me" is your reason.

I guess everyone likes Quarque now? Can anyone explain that to me?

I certainly can't.  Do you think I like Quarque?  I'm just not everyone?

What a shame.  You sure seemed motivated last time I knew you were town, despite chaos there too.  Even when you were going on insulting sprees and publicly demanding to be modkilled, you still looked motivated.

I'm now fine with a EJ elim today, a downgrade from my recent post of reads.  I don't have a good eval for the Fal/EJ link, especially since Fal opened the game with it and maintained it.  Very much looking forward to continued discussion and developments.

EJ, what do you think of the reasons Tric gave for double elim today?  "Seems town" is great, but low effort and fast, got anything other than "This won't take long to type" in your thinking?  What seems town about Tric?  Do you agree that most players find that one hard to read, and what are you using to read that one?

Why is this chaotic game demotivating to you?  What's your reasons for this game's chaos making you unmotivated?  Since you're living that and already know it, I really expect you can explain that one.  Looks like you were fairly involved before the game actually started though, joking and participating both in the game's discord and the thread pre-game banter, so, what changed once you saw your role/the game started?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 30, 2024, 07:15:27 am »

NJW2000, lots of waffles on this wagon, and it's a good time to explore before consolidating.

@EJ:  I can't take your Emerald because I'm action committed to Quarque, but I will try to take it another Night, should things go well.  I might be able to trade for it Tomorrow, but I'm afraid I can't trade for it Today, either for role and poor in item related reasons.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 30, 2024, 09:49:56 am »

EuchreJack: Hasn't said much. Rightfully recognizes sofanthiel's garbage. inf / 10 Usefulness points, town.

Except you, EuchreJack. I will sheep you Day 1 if you ask nicely.

Hey, FoU, need your evaluation here.  What's going on between you and EJ?

What's the basis for your intense support of EJ?  Why do you think so highly of that one this game?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 30, 2024, 09:53:46 am »

Ok, this is a bit dubious but I'll take the hot potato item. Don't action me with a protect or anything, my ability should take care of it on its own. If not... suspect Toony, I guess?

Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

Hmm... this could be a blowback sphere meaning scum!Toony has to give a deadly item away, but if so, controlling the mafiakill is still something. And hey, if this is an awesome trick by scum!Toony that's going to blow up in my face, it's probably overdue.

Up to this point I have just been faffing about with mechanics and weak scumhunting, so I guess it's time to dive into the dumpster that this thread's turned into. Honestly, the null reads on me are pretty damning, as I have to admit I've just been watching stuff happen and prodding people. Readslist, if just to help me get my thoughts together.

Spoiler: reads (click to show/hide)

tl;dr:

FallacyofUrist:

- going entirely by vibe, who is the scummiest player?

- where would you sit in terms of usefulness, if a 13th player was making your usefulness list, and why?

- if a very dull and stubborn group of people decided you were a lynch candidate entirely on the basis of the mafiascum wiki's Information Instead of Analysis scumtell, how would you try to exonerate yourself?
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 30, 2024, 10:22:51 am »

I think CrystallizedMire would be a productive vote.

@NJW: I am reading you a bit higher as town, in part because your Day 1 reads are usually....poor. But keep voting Fallacy, and I will vote you. He's not the Day 1 Lynch.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 30, 2024, 10:26:21 am »

Oh, and Tric is definitely Town, for reasons others have stated. I have to get back to work, but yeah Tric is town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 30, 2024, 10:28:36 am »

Oh, and Tric is definitely Town, for reasons others have stated. I have to get back to work, but yeah Tric is town.

oooooookay.

When you have time again, what's your read on NJW?

I think CrystallizedMire would be a productive vote.

Thoughts, awesome.  Why do you think CM would be a productive vote?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 30, 2024, 10:30:06 am »

Why is this chaotic game demotivating to you?  What's your reasons for this game's chaos making you unmotivated?  Since you're living that and already know it, I really expect you can explain that one.  Looks like you were fairly involved before the game actually started though, joking and participating both in the game's discord and the thread pre-game banter, so, what changed once you saw your role/the game started?
Jack, I know Imp is hard to read sometimes with the long posts but you skipped this question and now Imp asked new questions. I really would like to hear your answer to this one. Or you could continue to ignore it, that is also an answer.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 153