Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58986 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2024, 03:32:39 pm »

Hey Imp, Maximum Spin is blatantly just fucking with us

This is what I've concluded. He'd rather stir everyone into chaos Day 1 than leave things steady.

I don't really think that's alignment indicative, though, much like wubba's sense of humor.

Try reading ToonyMan instead, he's more up-front. Relatively speaking.

At least he doesn't screw with everyone like some mad catgirl jester in a clown car. And he's the more important lynchpin of this day, given his claims.

(I still need to decide if I can trust him or not, and spewing information is a valid scum strategy, see Spin's play in FBYOR 6. Makes me nervous.)

Sure, and thanks.  I considered that he was.  Thing is, he likes to sometimes lace truth into some things he says.

Also, I can just mess back.

However, he made an offer, and he has reasons.  He's reading people, and the situation, his own way.  He handed me a callout.  I am interested in responding in my own way, and did.  He can mess around however, hah, like I can stop him with anything short of a vote and a lot of other voters, all going for his head.  Waggles a not-yet-used, still unwrapped vote.  That could happen, but that's not my current aim.

Also, gonna read everyone, cause it's my job, man.  I'm not the Scottish writer Toons looks for, but maybe I'm some sort of reader, be it role or not.

Here's my current read of you, excluding your most recent post!

FoU:  Claims a powerful role, not vanilla town (Could be non-vanilla town!).  Want to see more from, no read yet.

You were the first one I focused on reading, surely because you opened the game's posts, and not because you're FoU with all that means to me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2024, 03:35:34 pm »

Okay, sofanthiel may act in a manner that comes across as anti town but I feel this is different to their scum meta. I also don't find Quarque suspicious.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2024, 03:37:29 pm »

Powerful, yes. Useful, maybe not, it depends on how things unfold. I don't think any of us want to say too much yet. A hammer is more useful than a chainsaw when it comes to pounding nails. My ambition has flowered, and lo, it may consume me.

Once again I'm afraid of my own role, but this time I'm at least willing to use it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2024, 03:38:19 pm »

I'm neither. Please help me.
You aren't being?  I considered that to be our lowest common denominator! :D
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2024, 03:38:22 pm »

Jeez, is there anything you're not afraid of?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2024, 03:40:41 pm »

EuchreJack, at least not yet.

So far I like EuchreJack and Imp, find web, Tric, and Toony neutral, and Spin and sofan scummy.

I don't actually have any evidence for liking Jack. I just don't want to think about him right now.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2024, 03:41:18 pm »

@sofa, that is verifiably not true, given this game.
Being serious and competent are three different things. :P
Fair, but you realize that it's pretty difficult to read your actions as Town, no?  I assumed that Quarque and you were teamed, which is why I asked if you were Masons.  You felt like you had similar talking points, and you aren't making coherent points on your own.  So, how is anyone supposed to read that?

There is good news here, though!  Being the first execution target allows you to be scrutinized pretty well, and because we have double executions, picking a second execution is within your reaches!  This is literally a perfect opportunity to perform the "If you vote me, then I demand you vote web" maneuver.

While I normally find Thunderdomes dumb, double execution makes them way more viable.

Okay, sofanthiel may act in a manner that comes across as anti town but I feel this is different to their scum meta. I also don't find Quarque suspicious.
I see...  You would have firsthand experience.  Could you be more specific?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2024, 03:41:30 pm »

Did anyone else specify a name? I'm Lambert Schothorst.
I'm a merchant and interested to trade items. (Whatever the heck webs chaos emeralds are don't sound too appealing though.)

Willing to say more about the trade stuff?  Are you looking for anything in specific?  Looking to offer anything you'd discuss?  Are you the kind of trader that might be interested in the dangerous stuff like Toons discussed, or... what?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2024, 03:42:14 pm »

So far I like EuchreJack and Imp, find web, Tric, and Toony neutral, and Spin and sofan scummy.

I don't actually have any evidence for liking Jack. I just don't want to think about him right now.
Tric is neutral???

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2024, 03:42:48 pm »

I would think not given that he's posted essentially nothing. What even is there to think about? Hello?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2024, 03:44:36 pm »

I said I don't want to think about Jack right now!

Yes, Tric is neutral. Fight me.

(He's the sort of person who would just throw the double execute out there as scum, even with his team telling him not to. Or egging him on. Spin would do that.)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2024, 03:47:10 pm »

FoU, you seem to have more time than you did earlier.  When convenient, wanted to make sure you notice this in case you want to respond.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2024, 03:49:45 pm »

I see...  You would have firsthand experience.  Could you be more specific?
sofanthiel reads as paranoid to me which I don't think is usual for sofanthiel. I don't think they're this openly scummy unless they have something to lose if they stay quiet or it was planned all along(which I doubt because it's day1)
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2024, 03:49:52 pm »

I said I don't want to think about Jack right now!

Yes, Tric is neutral. Fight me.

(He's the sort of person who would just throw the double execute out there as scum, even with his team telling him not to. Or egging him on. Spin would do that.)
Okay, I know I'm hassling you over a quirk of phrase, but you do see how it's weird to say you "don't want to think about" someone who hasn't presented much of anything to think about?

Posting to say I am here. Now, I have to go to work, sorry folks.
I think my gem is a little different, but I have only been skimming the thread.
Tric....take orders....LOL

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2024, 03:52:04 pm »

you aren't making coherent points on your own.
Just because I figured you out this early on doesn't mean that my reasoning is nothing but meaningless and garbled nonsense.  You have yet to acknowledge and dispute the logic, might I remind you.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 153