Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58846 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2024, 01:17:56 pm »

I'd give 50/50 odds on it being Max, if it's Waverly.

If whatever Imp has falls through, possibly I can take the item. Things may go better if I have it than you.
One wheel short of a wagon

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2024, 01:20:27 pm »

I'll say I am not a Scottish novelist. I don't even know any Scottish novelists.
I am proud, loyal, innocent, sheeplike, town, thank you very much

Primo-quality sheep right here, with the power of a god.

Still catching up, but Scotland is known for its sheep, coincidence?  Sheep are not known for writing though.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2024, 01:22:11 pm »

Do you want to trade then?
Yes, I'm willing to trade if you are.

My item is called Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page. I've already told what it does.

Any more rolefishing you wanna do while your supposedly timed life ticks away?
I'm pretty sure the person who had me start with this bad item is Town.

If we know who they are that's someone I don't feel inclined to vote. We don't need to know anything else. They can probably figure out it's them that gave me this item and could say they think they're the one, that's it. No role name or abilities or anything besides the fact they took a Blowback red sphere.

ToonyMan: Based on your intel, what do you think web's alignment is?
Maybetown

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2024, 01:23:50 pm »

I have a oneshot ability that can save you pretty reliably, Toony.
Mafia might kill me because I said that, but if you're town your life is more valuable than mine.

Just eh.. some reassurance that you're actually town would be good.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2024, 01:24:38 pm »

Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass to Toony for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2024, 01:27:45 pm »

plus, if this works the first mafia kill is prevented, period, so the gamble of saying this out loud could be worth it

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2024, 01:28:11 pm »

Do you want to trade then?
Yes, I'm willing to trade if you are.

My item is called Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page. I've already told what it does.

Any more rolefishing you wanna do while your supposedly timed life ticks away?
I'm pretty sure the person who had me start with this bad item is Town.

If we know who they are that's someone I don't feel inclined to vote. We don't need to know anything else. They can probably figure out it's them that gave me this item and could say they think they're the one, that's it. No role name or abilities or anything besides the fact they took a Blowback red sphere.

But what if more than one person took a blowback red sphere?

Not sure if that matters.  Seems like more than one player can possibly keep you alive.  I believe I can get an item like you describe safely out of play, which may not be where it belongs.  Also, there may be worse out there, and more than one way for them to be handled safely.  Depending on the answers from the GM, I will have meaningful things to say and/or suggest, but until then I can't say anything that means anything, so going back to reading.

Also... *eyes the purple*  If there's two cruddy items, one person having both, wether that person's me or not, might be great.  Again, I really need answers.  Maybe don't confirm the trade unless you think hammer's really close, because there might be a better answer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2024, 01:30:02 pm »

Lmao, love it.

@Quarque:  I have an Ability I can use to reset Shotted Abilities, with a downside that... isn't really a downside, don't worry about it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2024, 01:36:12 pm »

The cyan text nonsense reminds me of ominous-and-unhelpful FBYOR D2 Sofanthiel.

The Cyan text was also how players talked to God in Max's last game, not sure if that's meaningful.

That reminds me, Imp asked me to make sure Quarque dies a bunch of times, so it's only fair that I do my part.

This is a delightful (to me and MS) callback to two previous games involving the three of us.  Catfia, where in deadchat I called for the death of Qua a lot because of a choice made in play right at end of D1, and in MS's just ended game, where Hector subbed in for Qua, to be called Qua, giving us the chance to kill 'Qua' twice, and I joked I wanted Qua to die 1000 deaths, so this was helpful to that goal.

To me this is unrelated to this game, but funny.

And I don't currently know if I want Qua dead in this game, it's null.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2024, 01:36:52 pm »

@Quarque:
You have no reason to trust me besides the fact I'm giving information freely.

You have to believe my thoughts and feelings are honest.

@Tric:
Want to reveal what the Magnify Glass does? If not I think I'll take this trade anyway since it probably can't be worse than the Bible Page.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2024, 01:43:09 pm »

It allows you to investigate a dead player to see what detectable spheres were used on them. On the phase they died specifically. Please not their owner may want it back as it's an Artefact.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2024, 01:51:42 pm »

It allows you to investigate a dead player to see what detectable spheres were used on them. On the phase they died specifically. Please not their owner may want it back as it's an Artefact.

Are you willing to discuss how safe you feel with the one you trade for?  It clearly has the advantage of eating a kill, hopefully the mafiakill.  Do we share openly if this is every night or just the first night?

My method should be used on stuff we don't want roaming around, and in the right hands, if we happen to have right hands, that kill-magnet might or definitely is worth keeping in play.  Maybe you can even control some stuff, things like that item, which might be even more pro-town.

So I'm mostly checking, you want that thing, not you are a toony-ally and gotta make sure that person doesn't die before you or some other weirdness, right?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2024, 01:59:09 pm »

NJW: Could you explain your train of thought here?
I'm afraid that was just a joke. If I could be sure Web had a 3p gem-collecting wincon, I would happily help remove them from the game, because that would make life simpler. But I can't be sure of that... for all I know, the gems are just powerups and Web gets a second mafiakill for collecting all of them.
That makes sense.

I concur that sofanthiel's saner posts are reminiscent of AFM but the fake day action stuff is wack.

Yeah, but I don't wanna answer it.  You have offered me nothing.
I will tell you whether or not I have an emerald.
Yeah, but I already know you do because you asked me about having a second wincon, which isn't something that matters if you don't have one.  What you can instead offer me is which color it is because if you don't have one, my answer fucks me more than it helps you.
No; regardless of whether I have one, it tells me whether I should want you to collect all the emeralds or not. However, I will upgrade my offer to, "If you tell me whether you have a second wincon, I will tell you whether I have an emerald and, if so, what color it is."

@Quarque:
I have setup knowledge. My abilities pertaining to this are mainly night actions: I don't learn anything until after a night phase. I can pick from various things to learn.

Did you create this trade system?
I obviously picked fruit selling as a sphere but beyond that, NQT came up with the trade mechanic.
But is the trade system in effect because of your role?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2024, 02:00:27 pm »

All of this item trading and life saving aside, we do still need to choose two players to die today.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2024, 02:01:54 pm »

Are you willing to discuss how safe you feel with the one you trade for?  It clearly has the advantage of eating a kill, hopefully the mafiakill.  Do we share openly if this is every night or just the first night?

My method should be used on stuff we don't want roaming around, and in the right hands, if we happen to have right hands, that kill-magnet might or definitely is worth keeping in play.  Maybe you can even control some stuff, things like that item, which might be even more pro-town.

So I'm mostly checking, you want that thing, not you are a toony-ally and gotta make sure that person doesn't die before you or some other weirdness, right?
If I end up dead, I end up dead. If I end up protected, I end up protected. And it gives info I don't have.

Imp, why are you so interested in this anyway?

All of this item trading and life saving aside, we do still need to choose two players to die today.
Sofanthiel. One other. Sof has kinda gone off the fritz, and so rocketed to top spot for today's lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 153