Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58080 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2024, 06:48:11 am »

It should read like me saying something absurd
...Or that, yes.  That's always a possibility; however, I like giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.  Otherwise, the entropy of uniquely arbitrary claims and never-ending meaningless conversations will make the world fall into perpetual chaos and confusion!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2024, 07:23:55 am »

Did anyone else specify a name? I'm Lambert Schothorst.
I'm a merchant and interested to trade items. (Whatever the heck webs chaos emeralds are don't sound too appealing though.)

I would consider it carefully and try to make the most informed decision possible at the end of the day.
That is such a non-answer, are you sure you aren't actually sofanthiel
I can try to be a bit more specific. You are famously bad at pretending to be town and you're likely town so I wouldn't use the kill on you unless you give me a reason to. Tric didn't say a word yet, but many people find Tric easy to read so I would try to figure out from various opinions and my own gut feel if I should kill Tric or not.

@NJW: never played with you before. When was the last time you were playing as scum?
@Toonyman, same question to you.

Did anyone pick game setup knowledge? If you did, revealing it would help Town more than scum. With 12 players I would guess 2-3 mafia and 1-2 third party?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2024, 07:58:43 am »

First off, I'd advise people not to target me. It likely won't work, will cause weirdness and chaos, and probably degrade the quality of night information.

And yeah, NQT's been pretty generous role-wise, which feels nice even if everyone else got the silver service too.

@NJW: never played with you before. When was the last time you were playing as scum?

Here I played as cult. It went ok until I forgot to claim D3 or something. Might not be that useful though as I was genuinely hunting other 3p/cultists most of the time. I was standard mafia here.

Also, please claim if you have any Chaos Emeralds.  I'm looking to collect them all, for no particular reason at all.  If you hand them over to me, I promise to use my powers for... good.
Do you win and exit the game when you get them? Because if so, I'll help any way I can.

sofanthiel: what do you think FoU is trying to achieve at the moment?

Quarque: why so interested in third parties?
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2024, 08:20:23 am »

@NJW: ... Did you just imply you want me gone?!  However, the answer is technically yes.  Do you happen to have an Emerald?  Also, telling me not to target you makes me want to target you more.

@Quarque:  The Emeralds (probably) don't do anything for anyone else, but they are Items and I can trade them... Which is somewhat silly for me to do, but it's not particularly harmful.  I was actually hoping for something slightly different than I got, but them's the breaks.

@sofanthiel:  I can technically offer things for Emeralds, but money isn't one of them.  Also, it requires people to trust me, which is silly.

@Max:  I like this bandwagon so far.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2024, 08:21:38 am »

If you hand them over to me, I promise to use my powers for... good.
One more thing to mention: if we don't comply, you'll use your powers for bad?  Are you purposefully indirectly claiming to belong to a quasi-neutral affiliation that has the capacity to be detrimental to town, or was this detail a slip on your part?
I'm a merchant and interested to trade items.
Interested, as in the fact that marketeering is closely tied to your end goal?  First, Fallacy unambiguously being not town-allied, then the rock collector, and now a trader.  How many third parties are there?!
sofanthiel: what do you think FoU is trying to achieve at the moment?
It's either red herring nonsense or Fallacy conveying that their role is oriented around specific players (Jack and Tric, who haven't even spoken yet).  I lean towards the former because revealing this type of information in the first post of the game benefits no one and doesn't further any goal except arousing uncertainty.  Not to mention, I tried the exact same strategy with Elephant Parade when I was a mafiascum a few games ago.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2024, 08:24:54 am »

Also, it requires people to trust me
Do elaborate, please.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2024, 08:32:01 am »

The electors begin to file into the hall. It isn't long before the accustomed sniping, sneering and accusations start to fly around.

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack
- FallacyofUrist
- Imp
- Quarque -  [3] Maximum Spin, Webadict, NJW2000
- Maximum Spin [2] FallacyofUrist, sofanthiel
- NJW2000
- Sofanthiel
- Toonyman
- TricMagic
- Webadict
- No Elimination

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT.

Let me know if I miss anything.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2024, 08:36:02 am »

Quarque: why so interested in third parties?
Thanks for the link.

I think any info about the setup would be useful for town. Don't you? Not interested in third party above anything else, but they can be anti-town.

@Max:  I like this bandwagon so far.
You're either misreading me or you like it because it helps you to have a town player lynched. Not sure which. But here is an idea. I have apples for trade that soft confirm me as town, because they specifically help against mafia. I can trade you one of those. If you still vote me afterwards and I'm lynched, everyone will see it and know you're mafia.
If you're town though, an apple will help you. Win win for me. Deal?

Interested, as in the fact that marketeering is closely tied to your end goal?
Yes. As I said, my wares help other people versus mafia and as such trading them is tied to my end goal.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2024, 08:50:39 am »

Are you bribing me with apples?

Because I take bribes.  Who are you thinking we should vote instead?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2024, 08:52:07 am »

Posting to say I am here. Now, I have to go to work, sorry folks.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2024, 09:07:53 am »

Are you bribing me with apples?

Because I take bribes.  Who are you thinking we should vote instead?
Framing it as a bribe, eh? I will wait for the other players to speak up first but so far I think you & Max are the most suspicious.

Max showing his smug clown persona with the random nonsense, he tends to do that as scum. I have a worsening feeling about you too, but maybe that changes. The day just started.

You never bothered to give any explanation as to why you thought I was a good vote, besides "Max told me". Weird, if you're town and trying to help out other townies.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2024, 09:28:06 am »

Hmm...  Perhaps I expected too much from you.  My mistake, surely.  I am probably biased from last game.

Personally, if you find Max or I suspicious, I would recommend voting for one of us.  Right now, you look more suspicious by not voting someone you find suspicious, and thus, this was meant more as a leading action for you to come to the correct outcome as opposed to anything else.  Are you afraid to vote either of us?  Are you worried about something else?

Your underlying motivations matter, and you seem panicky right now.  Would you agree with that statement?  Do you think that makes you scum?  Do you think it doesn't make you scum?  Does my lack of motivation make me scum?  How about Max?

It's hard to give you answers to your questions, but you're a good vote because bandwagons tell us more about the people voting you than they do about the people being voted.  The fact you think it makes Max and I scum and not NJW is interesting though, would you not agree?

So, I tell you, if you want to bribe me, I take bribes, but you gotta tell me who to vote.  It says just as much about me that I take bribes than it does about someone who gives them.  Use your words and actions.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2024, 09:30:09 am »

@Quarque:
I have setup knowledge. My abilities pertaining to this are mainly night actions: I don't learn anything until after a night phase. I can pick from various things to learn.

Did you create this trade system?

@Webadict:
I don't have any Chaos Emeralds. If I knew how to get them what would you do?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2024, 09:39:14 am »

@Quarque:
I was a SK Werebear in the latest Supernatural I think that's the latest time I was scum.

There's no conversions in this game if I recall the OP right so some players are being dumb or silly.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2024, 09:40:34 am »

8 questions in a single post feels a bit excessive.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 153