Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35859 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #645 on: January 13, 2024, 07:54:32 pm »

Unless you have a physical body, I'm tempted to classify you as non-interesting
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 13, 2024, 07:54:58 pm »

You also forgot to mention that Jack wanted me to release TricMagic. They also said that if we miseliminate Fallacy, it would cause town to lose. I panicked at this idea and released Tricmagic.
This is also why I'm warming to the idea of non-hostile alien life. Shouldn't you be trying to keep me alive to study me?
Web's just a dead human that moves around too much. I'm Special

Pretty sure that awesome Dragonkin is just as special.

Hey, this 'had mercy on you' 'adoptive town wincon' thingy.

Do you have to be alive to win with town?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 13, 2024, 07:59:15 pm »

...I could probably kill more people by just tying the vote.

Yeah, you're very intimidating.  God seems to change that whenever God pleases, though.

Anyway, be a while before the game ends in a tie.  And a hammer end precludes ties, so... good luck with that.
Hm, this sounds like someone in a private chat with NQT, as otherwise how could you know they're planning to vote me? You're just not that smart to be seeing it in the thread.

I have no idea what you're thinking I said.

I have no idea what you think I think of nqt, but maybe you're looking for some adoptive father that might not disown you?

When I say God within the confines of this game, I mean Maximum Spin.  As far as I know, God does not intend to vote you.  However, I wouldn't be more than mildly astonished if that happened because this God does what this God pleases.

Why'd you even think that connects to nqt?  I mean, we have multiple days before the game ends.  Ties mean squat before day end.  Hammers drop when they drop, but they also prevent ties.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 13, 2024, 08:02:45 pm »

Why'd you even think that connects to nqt?  I mean, we have multiple days before the game ends.  Ties mean squat before day end.  Hammers drop when they drop, but they also prevent ties.
If you were NOT connected to NQT, why would you care if I connected you two?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 13, 2024, 08:05:31 pm »

Unless you have a physical body, I'm tempted to classify you as non-interesting
I have no reason believe that I lack a physical body. Maybe NQT can clarify?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 13, 2024, 08:06:30 pm »

Anyone else notice how utterly useless NQT has been for the entire game?

I mean… he found the SK. Sounds pretty useful.
Mafia needs the SK dead just as much as town. They can't win while I live.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 13, 2024, 08:09:07 pm »

If you were NOT connected to NQT, why would you care if I connected you two?

Man, I'm so sorry if you're feeling as desperate and straw-clutching as you appear to me right now.

Because I'm Imp, who questions nearly everything, seeking to understand how others think, so I can determine if they have a wincon that is compatible with my own.  You said something that makes utterly no sense to me.  I would like to see it from your perspective, the same as I chase such things when I see anyone else do them.  Sometimes I realize something I didn't already. Sometimes the other realizes something they didn't already.

Like this that you ignored:

I fail to see how Tric was able to kill on Night 1 if he was abducted that night.

Ahh!  The game is confusing and fast paced.  Maybe you missed this?

God stated that abduction is after the target's action but before actions on the target.

Given that, hope you read it now, how does that change your analysis?

I'm trying to understand you, so I can tell if I can handle you remaining in the same game as me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 13, 2024, 08:10:15 pm »

Man, you're allowed to lie about anything to other players, even if it's hopeless.

But you're directly contradicting God here.  It's very hard to get me to believe your claims over God's statements.

God, please would you reveal to us all what we are allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons?
You mean what they are?
Okay:

That was what you're allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons.

Okay, you do know at least one thing: presumably, any wincon that counts as a threat to humanity would involve at least some humans dying, being hurt, or possibly ceasing to be human.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 13, 2024, 08:21:48 pm »

Follow the established conventions!

Trying, here's my newest attempt:

CrystalizedMire (0):
EuchreJack (3): notquitethere, CrystalizedMire, Imp
Imp (0)
notquitethere (1) EuchreJack
Quarque (0)
sofanthiel (1): TricMagic

As God is not present at this time to directly select motivation for us, I hope this serves until that worthy provides more.
Tuesday, apparently. I mean, I forgot weekends were a thing that happens when I wrote that. That seems like a really long time, though, so please hammer first.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 13, 2024, 08:25:41 pm »

Hm, why am I still alive?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 13, 2024, 08:28:18 pm »

Unvote, since clearly nobody is going to vote whomever I vote.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 13, 2024, 08:31:02 pm »

Hm, why am I still alive?

Far as I know, hammer is 4.

TM cannot be voted, but has a vote.

I'm cool with us talking more.

In particular, I'd like to ensure that Qua is aware, in case Qua-2 is like Qua-the-first, of the possible concerns if TM might actually be your partner, and how we really, utterly seem unable to vote TM out if needed.

But we haven't heard from sof at all yet.

I'd be delighted to see this game go at least until Monday, so we have all had a chance to speak, discuss, and decide.

Even my mind might change, I mean it has already today.  Clear, convincing, consistent evidence usually works on me if anything will.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 13, 2024, 08:34:24 pm »

Man, you're allowed to lie about anything to other players, even if it's hopeless.

But you're directly contradicting God here.  It's very hard to get me to believe your claims over God's statements.

God, please would you reveal to us all what we are allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons?
You mean what they are?
Okay:

That was what you're allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons.

Okay, you do know at least one thing: presumably, any wincon that counts as a threat to humanity would involve at least some humans dying, being hurt, or possibly ceasing to be human.
It's not a contradiction.
1) I'm claimed a "save humans" wincon. But I don't expect you to believe that.
2) Mafia presumably has a wincon involving equal or exceeding town, and no threats to their victory existing. If I exist, they could still lose, even if they otherwise equal or exceed town. They want me dead too. And if they can get me lynched, then they've avoided the Town's kill. And my poison. Mafia clearly wants me DEAD.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 13, 2024, 08:38:44 pm »

Like this that you ignored:

I fail to see how Tric was able to kill on Night 1 if he was abducted that night.

Ahh!  The game is confusing and fast paced.  Maybe you missed this?

God stated that abduction is after the target's action but before actions on the target.

Given that, hope you read it now, how does that change your analysis?

I'm trying to understand you, so I can tell if I can handle you remaining in the same game as me.
I find it VERY interesting that YOU find it so interesting.
I clearly based my analysis on Tric on meta reads, and admitted that Tric was not mechanically cleared. So while I now understand that Tric could have done the Night 1 kill, my meta analysis still reads Tric as town.

Why do YOU want Tric dead?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 13, 2024, 08:57:16 pm »

I find it VERY interesting that YOU find it so interesting.
I clearly based my analysis on Tric on meta reads, and admitted that Tric was not mechanically cleared. So while I now understand that Tric could have done the Night 1 kill, my meta analysis still reads Tric as town.

Why do YOU want Tric dead?

Primarily the interaction between you two.

I explain some of it here.

It's both you to him and him to you.

It's also your target of CM, who I initially thought was probably a reaction to the vote manipulation and loss of FoU, but who had TM and who had said planned to keep him another night.

It's the entire interplay of the day, is making me pretty uneasy about TM.

I'd be happy to see him abducted again.  While he was abducted, we didn't have a kill.  Nobody claimed doing any blocking.  Your poison happened, but that's not 'a kill' happening that very night, though I don't know how it might interplay with a parson's sanctuary and if it might kill them; depending on how your ability is written I imagine it could, as a 'kill' could be delayed for all I know.

If he's abducted, and you are dead, and the game continues, we know that there is still a not-banished threat to humanity.  Someone or more than one with a wincon that has something about:

But I asked a lot about banishment and wincon stuff.  If TM is banished and the game continues, TM cannot be the only threat to humanity still in play - and maybe TM isn't a threat to humanity.

I'm really curious too.

TM has been talking about you being night killed, and specifically by the parson's silver bullet.  Even called you a werewolf, it seems?
Welp. I'm sure you feel safe EuchreJack, and you might be given our silver bullet died. Oh wait?

Quarque the dog, given Jack their vector and kill the werewolf tonight?

Well, if you guys are team then maybe TM knows enough with you not to be scared about it.

You never seemed to react to TM's 'threats' either.  You seem more concerned by far about elimination than you were about any of the many, and there were several, apparent threats TM made, telling us all not to lynch you....

You're still going to get murdered at night Jack. But that's more a you problem.

Say it with me everyone, hunting third parties doesn't find mafia. Jack gets to live for the moment.

I'm inclined to believe Jack just wants to live like any SK Imp. His claim f town victory along side SK victory is doubtful. But I literally do not care if he lives to see the night so long as he doesn't see the next daylight.

Why do you want us to waste our limited lynches on a solved TP player? We knwo they're SK, yeah. We know they're SK, yeah. We nkow they're SK, yeah.

Your point? We get 0 info from a Jack Lynch. And he's very much staring down a barrel tonight.

I'm pretty sure TM has to be nightkilled and you have to be lynched, and NK you, especially with silver, wouldn't work and wasting that bullet on you would make TM pretty comfy, the way he's urging that method of nightkill at that.

But I don't know.  This is what I see, and what it makes me think.

I'm still open minded.  I was this concerned about sof too, earlier.  I'm much less concerned about sof currently.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 76