Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35706 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #615 on: January 13, 2024, 06:38:32 pm »

Quarque, do you have the night action pms?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 13, 2024, 06:38:39 pm »

CM, D2 sof was really focused on if a kill action had been used on them N1.  Can you help explain why?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 13, 2024, 06:41:07 pm »

The night pm made it sound like it was an attack, not a roleblock. It stated that the targeter was exhausted and went home.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 13, 2024, 06:47:51 pm »

TM, can you help me understand why it may be a bad idea to eliminate Jack today?

You appeared to completely ignore the investigation on Jack, the results were shared, and two big red votes made, about 20 minutes before your reads/ideas.

Your reaction to the reveal and votes is interesting:

Jack, are you a pirat?

Welp. I'm sure you feel safe EuchreJack, and you might be given our silver bullet died. Oh wait?

Quarque the dog, given Jack their vector and kill the werewolf tonight?

You're still going to get murdered at night Jack. But that's more a you problem.

Say it with me everyone, hunting third parties doesn't find mafia. Jack gets to live for the moment.

One possible explanation I can think of, is Jack and TM are a team.  It 'helps' that Jack isn't scum colored.  "Hey, don't hunt SK, they'll die tonight (never mind how, wink nudge), go find mafia".

We're supernormal.  Do we have mafia?  We need to remove 'threats to humanity'.

I don't know that TM and Jack are a team, but wow, TM is calm and disinterested in the idea of Jack being anything more than suspicious, and given a huge inspection positive result, barely blinks those dragonkin ?blue? eyes and says 'ehh, that's a night problem.  Now, I was already working on an elimination'.

What am I actually seeing here?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 13, 2024, 06:49:45 pm »

I kinda really, really like the idea of elim Jack today, and hope CM is able to abduct TM again tonight, and see what else we face.

I think it's a great idea to eliminate 'threat to humanity' no matter their color.  And scumhunt the heck out of us all, yes yes yes yes.  Job isn't done until it's done.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 13, 2024, 06:57:37 pm »

You also forgot to mention that Jack wanted me to release TricMagic. They also said that if we miseliminate Fallacy, it would cause town to lose. I panicked at this idea and released Tricmagic.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 13, 2024, 06:59:55 pm »

Before I read back, was it explained why EJ couldn't have done the kill N1?
Something something confirmed poisoner.

I don't think so? Jack's pretty much in a position where we can't trust anything else he says. So if he's mafia, what's his goal with all of this?
*Groan*
Tric is confirmed Town. He's not this stupid as scum, or this active.

NQT said that I am Blue, not Red. As someone that got lynched for unknowingly claiming Red, I am painfully aware that Red is mafia/scum team, whereas Blue is SK. I can not be mafia because I am a Serial Killer, as confirmed by both NQT and myself. If you think we're both lying, vote NQT.

Unless Jack's flip contains a kill action that is not poisoning someone, Tricmagic is likely scum.
As indicated before, I'm reasonably sure Tric is town. You should investigate the NQT & Imp.

As a qution Crystal, what are these powers which are oh so helpful to town. Being able to decide that your vote is the only one that matters isn't very useful is it?
Fine, the power I didn't want to disclose is a protect that can only protect town.
Technically it says humans but they are town.
Don't waste it on me, I ain't human nor town.

I'm actually a bit offended that folks don't think they can trust me today. I am a confirmed Serial Killer. I win if everyone is dead. If you don't believe I have a pro-town win condition, fine. Do believe that I have a Serial Killer win condition. If the scumteam equal or outnumber town and I am dead, then I lose because one or more people are alive. Mathematically, I NEED scum to die today, to even out the numbers between scum & town.

Unvote

@Imp: Lighten up. My response to Tric that I was "Always a Pirate" was clearly a joke.
But I was absolutely 100% serious when I said I was Jesus, the Son of God.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 13, 2024, 07:00:37 pm »

Technically it says humans but they are town.

Hey, throwing this out there.  I seem pretty highly rated in town picks.

I'm also claiming I track.  I'm also claiming I might be able to at-a-huge-cost cure someone of poison, but not a grey-alien-someone.  I also claim I don't have a nightkill.

We're in a supernormal.  Anyone thinking about protecting little ol' me... maybe save it for someone who might be less able to protect themself.  I won't harm a guardian targeting me, or an inspector or anyone else.  But a guardian's time protecting me from kills is probably better spent elsewhere, there's probably a squishier victim.

Since I'm talking to the undocumented folks about that...

looks to Qua I cannot cause your death through use of sanctuary on me or on anyone I'd target.  You may have better things to do tonight than use sanctuary anyway, but I probably belong out there tracking someone and facing whatever comes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 13, 2024, 07:01:11 pm »

Confirmed town how?  Walk me through this, please.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 13, 2024, 07:02:32 pm »

Something something confirmed poisoner.

Also, Euchre Jack couldn't have done the kill because the kill was vampire flavoured and they're a banshee.
Don't read that much into flavor. I can do what I want.

Is that 'something something' hiding the words, "Smite me, oh mighty smiter"?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 13, 2024, 07:03:32 pm »

By my voice NQT, answer me this. How many killers are in this game?

Which is it exactly? I was fully willing to put the screws to them right then.
I have no idea. Definitely at least one!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 13, 2024, 07:05:53 pm »

Confirmed town how?  Walk me through this, please.
Well, not mechanically confirmed as town, although I fail to see how Tric was able to kill on Night 1 if he was abducted that night.
It's more a meta read analysis that the Tric we're seeing is scared, confused, and paranoid. You know, typical town.
Tric is certainly not acting from a point of possessing superior information, and Tric clearly does not have a private chat in which he can talk the game out with someone else.

Just assume Tric is unlynchable town, and move on with the game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 13, 2024, 07:10:51 pm »

My main nonchalance with Jack is thus, they will die tonight, barring redirection from scum. Quarqe's silver bullet will put them down for good. And unless someone messes with that, that is what is going to happen. Lynching them does not give us any info towards the scum. All we do is remove a third party who is already outed. Honestly Jack owning up to NQT's inspect is playing to their win condition. Since it is possible that mafia and town will kill each other, leaving them the victor. But if Mafia remains 2 strong, then the chances of them winning are nearly nothing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 13, 2024, 07:14:37 pm »

NQT said that I am Blue, not Red. As someone that got lynched for unknowingly claiming Red, I am painfully aware that Red is mafia/scum team, whereas Blue is SK.
Actually, I asked God about that.

God, would you please allow us to know what color scum would be, in this incredibly safe and normal place you have made for us to be in?
If by "scum" you mean anti-town factions or players, they would be whatever color seems appropriate for the role.

God seems to make aliens grey.  God seems to run this game God's way.  I don't think your color proves much about you, or makes it a fact that you couldn't be on a team, or be whatever else God may have made you.

I'm actually a bit offended that folks don't think they can trust me today. I am a confirmed Serial Killer. I win if everyone is dead. If you don't believe I have a pro-town win condition, fine. Do believe that I have a Serial Killer win condition. If the scumteam equal or outnumber town and I am dead, then I lose because one or more people are alive. Mathematically, I NEED scum to die today, to even out the numbers between scum & town.

Actually, God was really clear about wincons too.  I asked about that a lot, because that kinda matters.  We don't know what the scum wincon is this game... unless, of course, we're scum.  But that was mostly privately asked, so....

God, please would you reveal to us all what we are allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2024, 07:17:34 pm »

God, please would you reveal to us all what we are allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons?
You mean what they are?
Okay:

That was what you're allowed to know at this point about anti-town and/or scum team wincons.

Okay, you do know at least one thing: presumably, any wincon that counts as a threat to humanity would involve at least some humans dying, being hurt, or possibly ceasing to be human.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 07:19:48 pm by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76