Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35503 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2024, 09:57:50 pm »

Not unwinnable, but I wouldn't want to play it.
Slightly (or significantly; we do not yet have enough information to determine the extent to which that could have screwed us over) sabotaging the game for your own team isn't the optimal way to quit.  hector is in replacements, for God's sake!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2024, 09:59:31 pm »

C. Players can win while dead.

How would you know that players can't win while dead?

sofanthiel.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2024, 10:03:23 pm »

Is that not to be automatically assumed in most games?  Nevertheless, web had no way of knowing or not knowing that, and that's one of the things I took mental note of on day 1.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2024, 10:05:23 pm »

Is that not to be automatically assumed in most games?  Nevertheless, web had no way of knowing or not knowing that, and that's one of the things I took mental note of on day 1.
No, town wins when atleast one tower is alive and there is no antiscum left
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2024, 10:06:48 pm »

Nevertheless, web had no way of knowing or not knowing that, and that's one of the things I took mental note of on day 1.

That part's fair.

I will chime in and say that web's day 1 behavior wasn't super vanilla-town-like.  Even if it was done with the sole intention of assisted suicide, if you didn't revive, town would've gone into day 2 and continued forward up to the knees in disinformation that has the potential to be harmful in nature, believing that:
A. Not everyone had the simple vanilla town PM on the first day (I will personally examine this point later).
B. Tric is 100% scum and needs to be lynched.
C. Players can win while dead.

It would have taken us days and nights of deep scrutiny to sort through the lies told by someone we were led to consider trustworthy.

I just find it odd that you considered 'players can win while dead' to be harmful disinformation and something automatically assumed from webadict's death.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2024, 10:09:59 pm »

The question was about web's role specifically, which was not a revealed factor at the time.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2024, 10:15:14 pm »

The question was about web's role specifically, which was not a revealed factor at the time.
Pretty sure the default js that player still win when theyre dead unless survivor
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2024, 10:15:44 pm »

I just find it odd that you considered 'players can win while dead' to be harmful disinformation and something automatically assumed from webadict's death.

web made a bunch of hefty claims D1, including that they win solo.

I want to know what I'm allowed to not claim first, though, and I'm willing to explain my thoughts as long as people are okay with voting me out.  The downside to this is that it gives me a worse chance of winning than everyone else, but the alternative is that being alive gives me a really, really slim chance to win, and I don't wanna risk it.

How else can they have 'a worse chance of winning than everyone else' if voted out D1, and that very small chance to win if alive N1.

They're either bsing or knew stuff that doesn't show on their roleflip.  Either way, it is lies, misleading, and I don't like it.

There haven't been that many posts.  It's easy to re-read everything Web's said this game.  It's pretty poor in terms of a town win by following web's lead so far.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2024, 10:18:41 pm »

I'll be more straightforward; the way webadict phrased it gave me the impression that the dead were not, y'know, out-of-the-game dead.  Maybe it was simply an aftertaste from the game you just ran. :)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2024, 10:23:59 pm »

Guys, maximum stated that the most recent role given appears on tbe role flip meaning that webadict must have been working on tbe assumption he waa town. Plus I dont think there is anything suspish about him right now.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2024, 10:26:08 pm »

Can't say I trust webadict right now.

Is there any reason for me to vote him over EuchreJack... they're both sus, but web is more sus as of right now.

May as well throw on the pressure. webadict.

Colluding with... Crystalizedmire?

And if there's a second scumteam, it'd be sofanthiel and EuchreJack.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2024, 10:28:54 pm »

Is there any reason for me to vote him over EuchreJack... they're both sus, but web is more sus as of right now.

Please explain your reasoning.  I see votes and claims about others, but minimal questioning and other information seeking.

What are you seeing and thinking about these statements you're making?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2024, 10:31:20 pm »

I dont belive that sofanthiel is scum because scum!sof is very unwilling to share information  under any circumstancrs while this sofanthiel seems unwillibg to share but will share later. Also why euchrejack? Just because he hasnt posted yet?
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2024, 10:31:32 pm »

To be clear, all of you send me your preferred night targets. No excuses!

Did you submit one, web?  If so, who?
I was dead, and Max never told me I had to target anyone, but I also didn't really ask.  So, no.

Not unwinnable, but I wouldn't want to play it.
Slightly (or significantly; we do not yet have enough information to determine the extent to which that could have screwed us over) sabotaging the game for your own team isn't the optimal way to quit.  hector is in replacements, for God's sake!
Silly.  I removed myself from the equation so that people WOULDN'T have to decide if I was scum or not.  And frankly, I believed everyone else was Town, so it was quite the opposite.  What it could be argued was that it wasn't playing to win, but that's still reaching.  Basically, it's a difference of opinion on what's more important.

Surprisingly, I DID factor that in.  That was actually the one scenario that was potentially my loss, but if that was the case, I was probably going to lose anyway.  So it wasn't worth worrying about.  I'm willing to take a bullet as a risk, whatever.

I'll be more straightforward; the way webadict phrased it gave me the impression that the dead were not, y'know, out-of-the-game dead.  Maybe it was simply an aftertaste from the game you just ran. :)
Eh, if I factored that this was part Supernatural, it would've been more obvious, but it's not like I need to care about everything.  Y'all worry too much.

How else can they have 'a worse chance of winning than everyone else' if voted out D1, and that very small chance to win if alive N1.

They're either bsing or knew stuff that doesn't show on their roleflip.  Either way, it is lies, misleading, and I don't like it.

There haven't been that many posts.  It's easy to re-read everything Web's said this game.  It's pretty poor in terms of a town win by following web's lead so far.
Blah blah blah, this is a rehash of the same thing.  Unless you think Max is lying, I'm literally clear, and if you think Max is lying, then there's not really a point believing anything.

The problem with your logic is that you sent in a target last Night but still claim Vanilla Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:11 pm »

EuchreJack
Which post do you find most suspicious?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 76