Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35515 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2024, 09:28:47 pm »

Oh, there was an edit.  Tric is indeed nowhere.  That was not there when I first read it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2024, 09:29:53 pm »

?  TricMagic is removed from play?  I didn't see that anywhere.

What's your interpretation of this stuff, and should we be voting for TM?  And if so, why are you not currently doing so?

Oh yeah, TricMagic is nowhere to be seen either, I totally forgot that on purpose—

I targeted TricMagic last night and it said that I removed them from the game, though I can always throw them back later. These are all very vanilla town abilities of course.

Oh, there was an edit.  Tric is indeed nowhere.  That was not there when I first read it.

Okay.  So, should we vote TM?  Any other concerns?

Did you submit a target N1?  We were all told to do so.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2024, 09:29:59 pm »

Because I didn't want to spend a whole Day doing nothing when I thought it was a Cult, and also because I thought it was a cheeky way to avoid being recruited.

Why did you put Tric in particular as your scum pick, before he even posted? You implied that you had role information at the start of the game by doing that.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2024, 09:31:14 pm »

Why do you think this, and do you still think this given CM's claim of removing TM from play?
I posted the claim right beforw webadict posted his theory so I think that my claim doesnt factor into the theory

While I appreciate your answer, I still want web's because web doesn't have to guess, and also knows what they think.

However, CM, 15 minutes passed between your post and web's post.  Why do you think that the 15 minute gap means that your claim does not factor into web's theory/thinking?
[/quote]
Webadict likely read the post within the 15 minutes
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2024, 09:33:04 pm »

What I'm aware of as claims made D2/about N1.  Please correct if there's errors, please use if it helps you know what is going on.

Claims N1/D2:

Web ressurrected 'by someone, they hope, not the role itself'.  Says has no vote.  Says is quite cursed.
CM targeted TM N1 and removed them from the game
nqt targeted sof, possibly roleblocked them.
FoU claims to still be vanilla town and have no night actions, claims to have targeted 'nobody' N1.
Imp targeted sof and tracked them to center of town, then a farm outside of town where Imp found evidence is where sof lives.
sof has not claimed intended actions or anything else, but wants to know who targeted them and if the targeter(s) have a kill action.
EJ not spoken yet.

TM not present.
qua appears quite dead.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2024, 09:36:05 pm »

Because I didn't want to spend a whole Day doing nothing when I thought it was a Cult, and also because I thought it was a cheeky way to avoid being recruited.

Why did you put Tric in particular as your scum pick, before he even posted? You implied that you had role information at the start of the game by doing that.
He wasn't votable.  I saw the Vanilla Town claims, assumed Cult Leader, and plotted my demise so I couldn't be converted.  I may have exaggerated a bit so that I wouldn't have to deal with a Cult game, and if I was wrong, well, it would still be 3 to 4.  Not unwinnable, but I wouldn't want to play it.

Then they posted and weren't their usual insane self.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2024, 09:36:51 pm »

I will chime in and say that web's day 1 behavior wasn't super vanilla-town-like.  Even if it was done with the sole intention of assisted suicide, if you didn't revive, town would've gone into day 2 and continued forward up to the knees in disinformation that has the potential to be harmful in nature, believing that:
A. Not everyone had the simple vanilla town PM on the first day (I will personally examine this point later).
B. Tric is 100% scum and needs to be lynched.
C. Players can win while dead.

It would have taken us days and nights of deep scrutiny to sort through the lies told by someone we were led to consider trustworthy.  Regardless of the chance that some/all of the above turns out to be completely true, you did not have access to that knowledge at that time.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2024, 09:38:55 pm »

How would you know that players can't win while dead?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2024, 09:39:18 pm »

I like sof's reasoning and playstyle.  Enough to Unvotenqt, looking forward to your answers, hoping to hear more from sof once sof has the answers that one waits on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2024, 09:46:50 pm »

I will chime in and say that web's day 1 behavior wasn't super vanilla-town-like.  Even if it was done with the sole intention of assisted suicide, if you didn't revive, town would've gone into day 2 and continued forward up to the knees in disinformation that has the potential to be harmful in nature, believing that:
A. Not everyone had the simple vanilla town PM on the first day (I will personally examine this point later).
B. Tric is 100% scum and needs to be lynched.

It would have taken us days and nights of deep scrutiny to sort through the lies told by someone we were led to consider trustworthy.  Regardless of the chance that some/all of the above turns out to be completely true, you did not have access to that knowledge at that time.
In a way, I could say that wasn't really my concern.  I assumed you would parse that I thought everyone was Vanilla Town.  This is, at worst, a lie of omission, but it's not really that because I explained that Quarque had the same theory as me.

But let us see if this will ease your concerns:

Hey Max, are roleflips guaranteed to have been accurate at the time of flip?

I absolutely was a Vanilla Town, and while I am less Vanilla-y, I am still Town, plus I am covered for the kill by virtue of being dead at the time of the murder.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2024, 09:47:46 pm »

How would you know that players can't win while dead?
And also, the win condition is revealed on roleflip right? It clearly stated the humanity's wincon is to have atleast on human alive but does not state that the player needs to be
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2024, 09:49:27 pm »

sof has not claimed intended actions or anything else, but wants to know who targeted them and if the targeter(s) have a kill action.
Odd of you to acknowledge precisely what I'm doing in this post yet miss mentioning that effort in your analysis, portraying me as almost entirely uncooperative and useless.  It's not worthy of my suspicion on its own, but I have added it to the growing list of oddities I wish to discuss when nqt finally returns.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2024, 09:51:14 pm »

Hey Max, are roleflips guaranteed to have been accurate at the time of flip?
Well, "accurate" is a complicated concept, but it'll definitely be the most recent role the player was given.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2024, 09:53:52 pm »

Odd of you to acknowledge precisely what I'm doing in this post yet miss mentioning that effort in your analysis, portraying me as almost entirely uncooperative and useless.  It's not worthy of my suspicion on its own, but I have added it to the growing list of oddities I wish to discuss when nqt finally returns.

Nope, stated exactly what was claimed and facts provided.  Interpret them any way you please, as you clearly are.  As stated, they have no interpretation.

plus I am covered for the kill by virtue of being dead at the time of the murder.

webadict was vanilla town.
Night has fallen. All of you, send me your preferred night targets.
This post was hammer, jeez. Pay attention.
[/quote]

As bastardy as this game is/has been already, and the way the mod is/isn't tracking even all their own rules and expecting us to read their mind, no, I'm not convinced that you being dead means you couldn't act, especially on N1 and without a full roleflip.

Web said everyone, a bolded all, submit a preferred night target.

To be clear, all of you send me your preferred night targets. No excuses!

Did you submit one, web?  If so, who?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2024, 09:57:38 pm »

For future reference, dead people are not required to send night targets.

As bastardy as this game is/has been already, and the way the mod is/isn't tracking even all their own rules and expecting us to read their mind
I'm tracking all my own rules, but just because I say something doesn't mean it's a rule. Plus, you can always ask questions.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76