Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35516 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Dawn of the First Day
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2024, 10:35:46 pm »

Seems to be the current votecount:

webadict (1): FallacyofUrist,
CrystalizedMire (0):
Imp (0):
sofanthiel (0):
FallacyofUrist (1): CrystalizedMire,
EuchreJack (0):
notquitethere (2): sofanthiel, Imp,

No Execution (0):

Not Voting (3):  EuchreJack, webadict, notquitethere
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2024, 10:37:55 pm »

I can't vote, so there's no point keeping me in there.

Max, are players without votes allowed to vote?  Also, could you post a votecount?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2024, 10:38:35 pm »

Alright.

1: webadict hasn't really been able to back up his claims. He told us to execute him and then vote TricMagic on Day 1. If he was truly vanilla town as he flipped, he would have no way of knowing that, and if we chose to fully trust his plan, it would be potentially destructive, as sofanthiel noted.

2: Day 2, webadict seems to have lost all interest in getting himself executed, and now proposes that Tric and I are scum. Tric is the ultimate null read at this point, having been non-interactable Day 1 and now banished as of Day 2. I, well, I'm vanilla town. More importantly though, I don't see his justification of me as a scumread. Maybe if he thought I was chainsaw defending Tric, but, Tric is completely null. I haven't even mentioned him. I just think webadict is acting off. More authoritative than usual.

3: Crystalizedmire is exhibiting an unusual amount of aggression, specifically towards me, and defensive of webadict. Potential newb scumtells.

4: My supposition about sofanthiel and EuchreJack is wholly intuition-based. They both seem to be acting a little more energetic than I'm used to. I don't have as much confidence in this, though.

I'd be satisfied with a webadict execution today.

When or if Tric returns, I'll be happy to put him to the test.

I am vanilla town.

Questions?

The problem with your logic is that you sent in a target last Night but still claim Vanilla Town.

I did not send in a target last Night. I said 'nobody'. Max let me get away with it. He heavily encouraged me to choose a player, but I continued to say nobody.

Please confirm that it would be valid to choose to target no player as of Night 1's action submissions.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:52 pm »

I'd be satisfied with a webadict execution today.

Any concerns or thoughts about having not even heard from EuchreJack yet today?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2024, 10:43:24 pm »

Real life happens. I'd love to hear from him, of course, and see what he has to say about sofanthiel and webadict.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2024, 10:47:01 pm »

1: webadict hasn't really been able to back up his claims. He told us to execute him and then vote TricMagic on Day 1. If he was truly vanilla town as he flipped, he would have no way of knowing that, and if we chose to fully trust his plan, it would be potentially destructive, as sofanthiel noted.
Hey Max, are roleflips guaranteed to have been accurate at the time of flip?
Well, "accurate" is a complicated concept, but it'll definitely be the most recent role the player was given.
I know, I know, I'm just that good, but even I can't fake a mod message!  It's a valiant try, though!

2: Day 2, webadict seems to have lost all interest in getting himself executed, and now proposes that Tric and I are scum. Tric is the ultimate null read at this point, having been non-interactable Day 1 and now banished as of Day 2. I, well, I'm vanilla town. More importantly though, I don't see his justification of me as a scumread. Maybe if he thought I was chainsaw defending Tric, but, Tric is completely null. I haven't even mentioned him. I just think webadict is acting off. More authoritative than usual.
Yeah, no offense, but I'm cleared of being the murderer, and there's a murderer, so I'm kinda against being voted out when I literally could not be the murderer.  The best you can say is that I'm Third Party due to the resurrection, but your logic is batshit.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2024, 10:48:03 pm »

EuchreJack is wholly intuition-based. They both seem to be acting a little more energetic than I'm used to.

Real life happens. I'd love to hear from him, of course, and see what he has to say about sofanthiel and webadict.

The whole hasn't spoken yet today, and more energetic than you're used to, that jives?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2024, 10:48:42 pm »

Max, are players without votes allowed to vote?  Also, could you post a votecount?
I... guess? You can do what you like, but I don't have to count it.
I'll do one at the end of this post I guess.

Please confirm that it would be valid to choose to target no player as of Night 1's action submissions.
Of course. This is still just a game of mafia, you can take no action if you really want.

The present votecount appears to be:
CrystalizedMire (0):
EuchreJack (0):
FallacyofUrist (1): CrystalizedMire
Imp (0):
notquitethere (2): sofanthiel, Imp
sofanthiel (0):
webadict (1): FallacyofUrist

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:34 pm »

Yeah, no offense, but I'm cleared of being the murderer, and there's a murderer, so I'm kinda against being voted out when I literally could not be the murderer.  The best you can say is that I'm Third Party due to the resurrection, but your logic is batshit.

... Uh, not being the murderer isn't any guarantee you're not scum.

Of course. This is still just a game of mafia, you can take no action if you really want.

So, anyways, I chose to target no player as of Night 1, because vanilla town do not possess night actions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 10, 2024, 10:53:33 pm »

Fallacy is berserk right now.

I'm pretty sure most people started as Vanilla Town, did people change at the end of the Night or at the end of the Day?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 10, 2024, 10:57:38 pm »

So, anyways, I chose to target no player as of Night 1, because vanilla town do not possess night actions.
I think this might actually fly.  I think you not using your Action is what kept you as a Vanilla Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 10, 2024, 11:00:33 pm »

Max, can we know the ways someone's role might change?  Also, if someone's role changes, can their alignment change with it?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2024, 11:02:12 pm »

Oh, and some proof:  CrystalizedMire

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 1, start!
« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2024, 11:04:38 pm »

Claim: Vanilla Townie
By the way, Fallacy, it's this post that you should've linked when I asked you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2024, 11:06:47 pm »

Fallacy is berserk right now.

Look, if we're going by Supernatural tropes, there's been at least one occasion where a scumteam recruited from the grave. Werewolf Priest, or something like that.

Oh, and some proof:  CrystalizedMire

I don't see how voting your potential scum partner changes anything. Bussing is a thing.

Oh, right, proving you're voteless.

Yeah, that's a valid attempt, we'll see what Spin makes of it.

Claim: Vanilla Townie
By the way, Fallacy, it's this post that you should've linked when I asked you.

Should've? By what metric?

I respect your experience, but there's still more than one way to play the game. I'm town. I still don't fully know how I should play as town, but I can't trust your answer not to be biased here.

I'll happily hear you out post-game.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 76