Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80568 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2655 on: January 01, 2024, 10:36:52 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (5): The Canadian kitten, Elephant Parade, ToonyMan, hector13, Lenglon
Secretdorf (1): Maximum Spin
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

8 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (8): Imp, Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf, Secretdorf

As always, correct me if you see any mistakes.

Day ends tomorrow at 6 PM Central time.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 01, 2024, 10:39:03 pm »

You need to calm down. I know it’s hard, I’ve had plenty of scenarios pass through my head since the start of N4, but Esteemed Maximum Spin is the most likely to have done bad N4, certainly from your perspective. If he’s not bad we can figure something out after that.

PPE: I also don’t get the superkill thing, someone targeted you but was bussed to Esteemed webadict because of Esteemed ToonyMan. There’s nothing there that suggests to me he was being protected, but I have been horrifically bad at recollecting night actions today.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 01, 2024, 10:43:36 pm »

You need to calm down.

Trying!  ... Trying.

Laughs My question about if I'm merge-able is unanswerable as asked because I have to explain what a merge is.  And I have no idea what to call it. So, dunno or someone helps me ask better.  I'm guessing 'dunno'.

But thing is, if Esteemed Maximum Spin actually has the 'esteemed' and if Esteemed notquitethere was killed by a 'kill' ... and if Esteemed Maximum Spin did disabled their steam as was either truly displayed or delightfully and surely deliciously enacted...

Then really, if this is all real, Esteemed Maximum Spin has a great alibi.  And we might see a town flip of Esteemed Maximum Spin, which I really, utterly do not want to see.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 01, 2024, 10:50:08 pm »

Well the fact he should have the post restriction and broke it does rather suggest he didn’t perform the kill. Unless it wasn’t classed as a kill, which would be weird.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 01, 2024, 10:51:32 pm »

I revealed what the post restriction did before Esteemed Maximum Spin claimed, didn’t I?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2660 on: January 01, 2024, 11:06:18 pm »

Yeah. Step one is the thing you’re worried about. You have enough information to figure out step two, to be perfectly honest.
To be perfectly honest, 1) yes I got the thing, 2) no I don't want it, 3) get it off me get it off me get it off me, 4) you can't even do that because I can't be targeted normally, 5) this sucks ( and 6) you probably can't even upgrade it to unkillability because I can't be targeted normally, right? If I do have enough information, I'm much too annoyed about this to figure out how it works)

I got redirected, presumably. My question was answered, it would say I targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester if I got redirected.

Step 2 isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. There’s no penalty beyond what it says to not sticking to the restriction, which may be a problem for you, sorry.

I suppose the question can be asked why I was redirected to you with what I said was a kill immunity, but maybe the scum were more interested in the randomised target part given how much trouble you appear to be causing them.

PPE: so we know Esteemed notquitethere is town, hopefully we can determine Esteemed The Canadian kitten’s limitations so we can say Esteemed Secretdorf is town and work from there.

This seems to suggest I only claimed the kill immune part, but I’ll keep checking…

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 01, 2024, 11:08:45 pm »

I revealed what the post restriction did before Esteemed Maximum Spin claimed, didn’t I?
I discussed enough for a flavor cop to get a lot of clues about it.  That he knew it was an auto, I think I always called it an ability.  Chances are he could have copped it enough to mimic it, that's not out of range for him, I believe.

I also mentioned that I didn't have kills or protects D2 more than once, and we may have directly discussed that limitation before it was bestowed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 01, 2024, 11:13:10 pm »

Well I’m pretty sure he knew I was targeting Esteemed Jim Groovester with it the night he actually targeted Esteemed Jim Groovester, and I was somewhat explicit it would be a kill immunity, I just didn’t specify it had extra steps to it.

That seems pretty telling.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 01, 2024, 11:15:24 pm »

Review what he said about the Esteemed Knightwing, which was ever so much of future stuff.

But to give you an example of a previous day, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict, ended up catching (not very) Esteemed Egan_BW's action in the net, but also saw Esteemed Knightwing's action (on Esteemed webadict), Esteemed Jim Groovester's action, etc.

Well, Knightwing is some kind of computer virus eating brains from within the noosphere for unclear sinister purpose, so that might be something to be concerned about.

You did go wrong in one place: Knightwing can only confirm that webadict didn't use an inspect, and actually can't confirm even that although he thinks he can.

Knightwing tried to steal web's inspect results to power himself up somehow that I don't know the details of.

Knightwing, don't be a dick and try to steal people's investigative results, lol.

I'm concerned that Knightwing might be in a similar boat to TricMagic re: being able to stop being town.

I don't mind that at all, and also, Knightwing is Town, btw.

So he got all that, and chose to share it... on D2.  Meaning this is base Esteemed Knightwing64.  No upgrades yet.

And somehow the super-flavor-inspector got all that, or guessed enough to coldread that close, because lookie this...

Meanwhile, Knightwing64 is screeching in hunger, before eventually turning to dust.

Knightwing64 was modkilled. Knightwing64 was Town.

Rapidly Evolving Meme By Knightwing (Town)
(Innate, 0 Growth, Auto) Memetic Mutation: The more you learn, the more you are, the more you grow. You gain benefits according to the amount of Growth you have.
-2 Growth: You learn to be flexible. Your abilities cannot be Disabled, and you learn how many players visit you each Night.
-4 Growth: You learn to be agile. You may take an additional action each Night. You learn when you’ve been redirected.
-7 Growth: You learn to be lethal. You gain Basilisk. Infovore and Memetic Consumption are updated such that ‘Something’ becomes ‘Knightwing’.
(Auto) Infovore: You are a new type of creature, with spindly limbs of words and concepts and a writhing core of information. When a player would learn information about you from an investigative action, they instead learn “Something perceives your perception.” and you learn the information instead. You also gain 1 Growth when this happens.
(Night) Memetic Consumption [target]: You can only grow by consuming other infoforms.  Any investigative results your target would gain this Night are replaced with “Something gnaws on your gnosis.” You learn those investigative results for yourself, and gain 1 Growth per action interfered with by this action.
(Reference, Night) Basilisk [target]: You fracture your target’s internal panopticon. You kill them. They learn “Knightwing devours your didact.”

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 02, 2024, 12:03:17 am »

OK, I'm tired of waiting for MS. Here is the post I wrote much earlier today based on Jim and I's logic and have been sitting on since, parts of which are outdated:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the part that matters: If I'm not mistaken, Lenglon could be the merger. NQT's analysis has them as confirmed tracking Hector N1, but:
Imp: Remember that scum are here too. Any night action plans you make should be kept to yourself so ghe scum can't work around them.
There is nothing to discuss at this point. We know who to lynch today, and I and probably most everyone here are all busy because of the season. We can just hammer att imo.
NQT / Toony: I get why you dislike me being quiet here, I don't have significant info and figured holding it back would motivate scum to be honest in their claims. I tracked Hector13, confirming he visited Imp. This info proved fucking worthless since not only did Imp not die but Hector's action was self-confirming. So it was better to bluff and make scum worry it was about themselves than to share useless info with everyone. I'll likely hold back on later days as well for similar reasons if I find nothing of immediate value. If this makes you worry then track / inspect me as you please, I'm not a miller and don't have a kill. I'll claim my results immediately tomorrow though, I already know what my action tonight will be and it should be very informative no matter the result.
Unless I missed something, we have no way of verifying this, since Lenglon claimed after Hector. NQT might have included it based on Lenglon's softclaim, but said softclaim is extremely vague:
thanks. ima go slep now. My night results were information-gathering-based but seem unimportant compared to what ya'll found. I'd like to sit on them for now.
I can see a town player making this play but it absolutely doesn't confirm her action, and unfortunately her N2 and N3 actions aren't confirmed either. MS still 'feels' more like the merger to me to the point where I still feel like lynching them in spite of this, but I thought this information was worth sharing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 02, 2024, 12:16:52 am »

I can see a town player making this play but it absolutely doesn't confirm her action, and unfortunately her N2 and N3 actions aren't confirmed either. MS still 'feels' more like the merger to me to the point where I still feel like lynching them in spite of this, but I thought this information was worth sharing.

So, N3 Lenglon claims to have not been roleblocked, but to have gained 'Marked By Death'.

That was core of the case on eliminating

BlackHeartKabal was executed. BlackHeartKabal was Mafia.

Ghost Racer (Mafia)
(Auto) A Lonely Road: What accompanies you cannot be seen. If you are visited during the Night by a living player, any Night actions you attempt fail, and the visiting player gains Marked By Death. You will learn that this Auto was the cause of this failure.
(Night) Deadlands Drifting [target]: You crash into your target’s soul and jostle it, issuing a challenge. They are roleblocked, and gain Marked By Death.
(1-Shot, Mafiakill, Night) Final Circuit []: You begin the Final Circuit, inviting every player Marked By Death to join you. You kill every player that has Marked By Death, bypassing protection and kill immunity. Then, you claim your prize - at the end of the next Day, you may replace A Lonely Road with a copy of one non-Innate Auto ability that one of the players you killed had.

The main issue was they had claimed roleblocker who gives that mark, then claimed they visited Esteemed Lenglon to only give mark.

But Lenglon claimed inspection results of both 'has a group chat' and 'doesn't have a group chat' despite claiming single use of ability.

It appears that Esteemed BlackHeartKabal did get visited by Esteemed Lenglon, and was roleblocked by the visit, and got inspected as having a group chat, and thought 'I muddy this water, or I'm dead' so lied about being a visitor that just didn't roleblock.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, who seems to know who is town, and may also know who is scum, seemed unerringly focused on the lie between these two, and we settled on Esteemed BlackHeartKabal to eliminate, good call.

Esteemed Maximum Spin is clearly concerned about Esteemed Lenglon, which is interesting in its own regard.

But, in terms of 'who is the merger' - it seems certain that Esteemed Lenglon visited Esteemed BlackHeartKabal N3, gaining the Mark, which might interfere with also being the merger'.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 02, 2024, 12:26:41 am »

The thing is, what action Lenglon performed on those two players is unverified (i.e., she could have been performing the merge). But I don't know why merger!Lenglon would cop to a double result before MS shows any signs of having seen what happened. I'd be interested to hear the name and tags of the action Lenglon used on them, MaximumSpin.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2667 on: January 02, 2024, 12:28:33 am »

NQT: You are right to have found me different since Day 1, I've been very busy with holidays and haven't been able to put in my normal level of time and effort this game ever since I flew to visit family.

BHK: My night action results were:

Night 1:
Hector visited Imp

Night 2:
Toonyman is not in a group chat

Night 3:
Maximum Spin is in a group
Maximum Spin is not in a group
You have been marked for death

Everyone: I will not be able to be on at Day end. I'm putting my vote somewhere reasonable but imperfect since the Jim/EP masons thing has thrown off my reads.
Secretdorf

These are claims made by Esteemed Lenglon, bearing in mind one of them caught scum, or certainly aided in that regard.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 02, 2024, 12:33:36 am »

The thing is, what action Lenglon performed on those two players is unverified (i.e., she could have been performing the merge). But I don't know why merger!Lenglon would cop to a double result before MS shows any signs of having seen what happened. I'd be interested to hear the name and tags of the action Lenglon used on them, MaximumSpin.

Aha.  Thanks, I'll listen eagerly to see what else is revealed once that worthy answers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 02, 2024, 12:38:05 am »

I’d also like to point out Esteemed Lenglon was blocked N4, so couldn’t have killed or redirected or anything.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 207