Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79929 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1980 on: December 29, 2023, 10:02:24 pm »

@Max:
This is why you were the only one affected by Hector's post restriction? At the very least, Jim and BlackHeart have not bothered to do this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 29, 2023, 10:05:26 pm »

I'm not caught up with the thread, but the reason I don't think I was merged with the esteemed Jim last night is because the esteemed hector13 should know that: His action on me told him information in return, and if he only got one result, there could only have been one person hit.

I strongly suspect, based on my own night results, that TEJG was fused with somebody while incidentally bussed with me, and the esteemed Lenglon's inspect hit two players, namely, TEJG and TEBHK.

I wonder, if I'd been part of the merge, if I could be, I don't think the ability would hit me, I don't think a confirmation message would come off of me.

We could ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist about this, I think, if it's about the dead Esteemed Webadict's abilities, since we've all seen the roleflip and nobody's quoting PMs.

Shall we ask about reports based on that?  I think we're just seeing that someone in the merge was immune to having that change happen - if we're seeing a merge.

But that ability wouldn't land on me right now.  Maybe there's others it wouldn't land on either.

We saw that from a merge - with Esteemed notquitethere reporting that worthy should have died, ordinarily would have died, but didn't though they can confirm someone tried to kill him.

But we only saw one death, and only the roleblock of Esteemed The Canadian Kitten, and observation, makes us think we see a merge, right?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 29, 2023, 10:05:51 pm »

@Max:
This is why you were the only one affected by Hector's post restriction? At the very least, Jim and BlackHeart have not bothered to do this.

What if nobody else hit with it can be affected, can't even see the status, don't have it?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 29, 2023, 10:09:19 pm »

@Max:
Right.

Post restriction → TEJG → me
Lengspect → me → TEJG and TEBHK.

I wonder, if I'd been part of the merge, if I could be, I don't think the ability would hit me, I don't think a confirmation message would come off of me.

We could ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist about this, I think, if it's about the dead Esteemed Webadict's abilities, since we've all seen the roleflip and nobody's quoting PMs.

Shall we ask about reports based on that?  I think we're just seeing that someone in the merge was immune to having that change happen - if we're seeing a merge.
No.

We saw that from a merge - with Esteemed notquitethere reporting that worthy should have died, ordinarily would have died, but didn't though they can confirm someone tried to kill him.

But we only saw one death, and only the roleblock of Esteemed The Canadian Kitten, and observation, makes us think we see a merge, right?
No, I also clearly stipulated that Esteemed Egan_BW (postumus) targeted Esteemed notquitethere but hit esteemed sofanthiel. That definitely happened. I consider the merge to be the logical interpretation of this.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 29, 2023, 10:10:43 pm »

Okay, I get why my gameplay history means that having directly contributed to two successive correct scum lynches doesn't win me much trust, but it is a little annoying nevertheless.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1985 on: December 29, 2023, 10:16:52 pm »

Hey, here's an old copy claim.

@NQT:  I am gonna inspect you.  Not sure what Max is doing, but I don't really think about my Actions.
I'm going to copy your inspect onto another player of my choice, which should give you that information as well based on how Fallacy said it would work. I will also end up getting a copy of the inspect for myself, but since you've said the action itself is a Basic Inspect, that's less impressive but I'll still use it.

Reasonable chance I won't be here till end of day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 29, 2023, 10:23:47 pm »

Wow, I didn't even remember saying that.

Well, I knew from the start that actions might be copied, so I think I was trying to come up with a fakeclaim that would also justify being able to confirm Esteemed webadict's action by name. Then I happened to catch the kill instead and got completely distracted and forgot to keep up the pretense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 29, 2023, 10:26:52 pm »

Max was The Double Abilitier all along, dun dun dun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 29, 2023, 10:30:50 pm »

I'm not caught up with the thread, but the reason I don't think I was merged with the esteemed Jim last night is because the esteemed hector13 should know that: His action on me told him information in return, and if he only got one result, there could only have been one person hit.

I strongly suspect, based on my own night results, that TEJG was fused with somebody while incidentally bussed with me, and the esteemed Lenglon's inspect hit two players, namely, TEJG and TEBHK.

I put a bit too much stock in the information I thought I’d receive; Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist has since corrected that. I am… not confident… satisfied I guess, that I only hit you in the night.

You appear to be suggesting there was a bus and merge though - you and Esteemed Jim Groovester were targeted, causing Esteemed Lenglon and I to target the other with our actions.

The only bus we’re currently aware of is from Esteemed ToonyMan. This would also imply you were a target for a merging, presumably with Esteemed BlackHeartKabal.

Esteemed ToonyMan, did you bus Esteemed Jim Groovester and Esteemed Maximum Spin?

Eurgh this restriction makes musing over claims very challenging.

Spoiler: musings (click to show/hide)

I guess that leaves six claims currently to be made, unless I missed things?

How exactly does your omniscient action shite work Esteemed Maximum Spin?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 29, 2023, 10:38:27 pm »

How exactly does your omniscient action shite work Esteemed Maximum Spin?
I target some people and learn some things. Since my targets were randomized today thanks to SOMEBODY, I have no idea who I targeted and therefore lost some crucial information, but I was able to piece together certain vital details.

But to give you an example of a previous day, I targeted Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed webadict, ended up catching (not very) Esteemed Egan_BW's action in the net, but also saw Esteemed Knightwing's action (on Esteemed webadict), Esteemed Jim Groovester's action, etc.

I'm trying to get into the habit of this Esteemed thing so I can follow it better next day.

If you have more specific questions, let me know. I'm just trying to give an adequate overview, but this isn't all the information I'm willing to offer.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 29, 2023, 10:40:39 pm »

I don't see any role flips that talk about group chats, shouldn't that be in one of the dead player's?

I think the inference is the Piratechat.

Which didn't get to exist as a populated chat with more than Esteemed EuchreJack in it.

There could be some other town-friendly privatechat.  I see no evidence of it.

Esteemed Webadict's roleflip doesn't have it.  Nor does Esteemed Tricmagic's.

Esteemed EuchreJack's did.

EuchreJack was Town.

Pirate King (Town)
(Innate, Auto) King of the Pirates: The title is pretty self-explanatory - you’re the freest pirate of all seven seas! You alignment inspect as a Pirate, and have a private Piratechat. Before the first Day ends, you must submit the names of three living players other than you. Once the first Day ends, all three of those players are added to your Piratechat, but they also alignment inspect as a Pirate, as long as you are alive.
(Night) King’s Orders [target][choice]: You won’t tolerate any mutiny. If your target does not target your chosen player this Night, you are informed. This is a Free action if used on a member of the Piratechat.
(Night) King’s Protection [target]: You keep safe those precious to you. You protect your target from kills. This is a Free action if used on a member of the Piratechat.
(Item, Auto) King’s Crown: A pristine top hat. When the player with the role ‘Pirate King’ dies, this Item becomes ‘King’s Legacy’.
(Reference, Item, Auto) King’s Legacy: A ragged top hat. You have an additional vote, and you may use King’s Orders as though it was part of your role.
(Reference, Modifier) Item: A player with an Item ability may give it to any player they share a private chat with. This is done during the Day, and resolves at the end of the Day.

I confirm that my original role had that same reference modifier.  My changed role does not, however I have my innate(s) from my original role still showing.  "(Reference, Modifier) Item: A player with an Item ability may give it to any player they share a private chat with. This is done during the Day, and resolves at the end of the Day."  I don't quote my original role PM, but it's the same.

I am the first to claim there was a mechanical reason why I belonged in the chat, I believe.  I was insta-accepted when I did, but that's when Esteemed EucherJack got cagey and started acting un-becoming of an openhanded townie, which made me worried again and briefly even vote him and say kill him, we done here, because I feared a trick and conversion.

But that's when he didn't want the same people in the chat, wanted to leave 'an open spot', started talking about the idea that whoever wasn't in it would claim they were, and other stuff that looked like 'this could be pure scum, it's a trap'.  Well, I still don't understand why he went cagey like that, but he was town.

My type of town.  Key and lock, him and I.  I vaguely remember someone else saying, maybe between Esteemed Webadict, Esteemed Maximum Spin, and Esteemed Jim Groovester, that there was a mechanical reason why they wanted to be in the Piratechat too, but I cannot currently find it.  I went pretty soft on that at the time, I knew my own reasons.  But we had a roleflip showing it, and those claims after the first - and I was the first, I don't treat as having much weight or value.

Especially now with evidence that Esteemed Maximum Spin can't usually be targeted, maybe not Esteemed Jim Groovester either, and the two insisting they got included maybe couldn't be.  Talk about ensuring a townie dies, this makes sense to me only if they knew Esteemed EuchreJack wasn't one of theirs.

That said, Esteemed Maximum Spin did fight for Esteemed EucherJack's life.  Esteemed Jim Groovester didn't, and kept a vote on Esteemed EuchreJack even after cooperation was given again, and despite all presented evidence.  While Esteemed Maximum Spin did drive the hammer

EuchreJack

I know for sure that I don't receive any benefits of any kind from hammering.

It is clear to me that Esteemed Maximum Spin put pressure, not killing intent, on Esteemed EuchreJack.

Esteemed Jim Groovester, though, despite saying stuff like:

Would not mind sofanthiel, but I think EuchreJack is a stronger case.

Mildly okay with a the Canadian kitten lynch, but not really hot on anybody else. I'll admit I haven't tracked cases on those players very closely.

webadict, this is important. Push for EJ's chat invitees publicly. I will keep saying this until you do.

He simply would not get off the vote.

At hammer:

EuchreJack (9): Egan_BW, BlackHeartKabal, Jim Groovester, Secretdorf, hector13, ToonyMan, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, Maximum Spin

Two known scum.  Two I strongly wonder are scum.  I currently think two scum teams, and we better get Esteemed Secretdorf eliminated today or someone vig him tonight.  Reminder I am not a vig and I asked for confirmation I could 'simplify' those votes.  I did not get that confirmation.  "Maybe" I could, depends on the wording of the abilities, which I don't get to know.

We need a real vig or votes for this.

But let's not hammer yet, let's talk, we still have an entire player who hasn't spoken today and more to discuss.  But I feel very sure we need to correctly vote today, because I feel very sure that Esteemed Secretdorf is scum with Esteemed Jim Groovester, or scum without him, and he is probably one move from a really lethal time for town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 29, 2023, 10:41:59 pm »

@Hector:
I only bussed Imp and Webadict on N2. I protected Imp on N1 and N3.

Here are some possible speculations:

1. Max targeted Lenglon and copied the inspect onto...BlackHeart?
2. BlackHeart targeted Lenglon and copied the inspect onto...Max?
3. An unclaimed copier targeted Lenglon and copied the inspect onto...Max or BlackHeart?

In all of these scenarios, some unclaimed unknown party bussed Max and Jim...for some reason.

In addition, all of these scenarios don't really make sense if the copier is town because wouldn't they want to copy Imp's better inspect? Why copy Lenglon?

NQT and Sofanthiel were not just bussed on N1, they were definitely merged because Jim stole two votes. Plus NQT claims a kill on him and Sofanthiel died.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 29, 2023, 10:43:35 pm »

Especially now with evidence that Esteemed Maximum Spin can't usually be targeted, maybe not Esteemed Jim Groovester either, and the two insisting they got included maybe couldn't be.  Talk about ensuring a townie dies, this makes sense to me only if they knew Esteemed EuchreJack wasn't one of theirs.
Oh, yeah, I can add to this one slightly: you may notice that I suddenly became willing to join the chat as soon as he stipulated that it wasn't a night action.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 29, 2023, 10:44:05 pm »

@Imp:
Jim is implying he had a group chat with Webadict. I think Web joked about being masons with Jim (and Max) so.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 29, 2023, 10:48:48 pm »

Toony: I previously (back on day 1) confirmed with Fal that my groupchat-inspect would detect a player in a solo groupchat such as Jack (or now Jim) as being in a groupchat. So that is a possibility.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 207