Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79402 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1995 on: December 29, 2023, 10:52:11 pm »

You appear to be suggesting there was a bus and merge though - you and Esteemed Jim Groovester were targeted, causing Esteemed Lenglon and I to target the other with our actions.

The only bus we’re currently aware of is from Esteemed ToonyMan. This would also imply you were a target for a merging, presumably with Esteemed BlackHeartKabal.

Esteemed hector13:

Hey, so N1 we have the mysterious double roleblocks of two inspectors who targeted 2 different people to inspect, both of those people showing evidence of a kill used on them and Esteemed Maximum Spin stating:
If I am not mistaken, Egan_BW attempted to kill notquitethere but accidentally killed sofanthiel.

But the 'really only roleblockable' Esteemed webadict got roleblocked trying to inspect Esteemed notquitethere.  How?  It could be explained by a merge between Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed notquitethere.

But wait!  What about the other roleblockers and bus driver?

Well, Esteemed BlackNightKabal (roleblocker) was busy with me and so was Esteemed ToonyMan(bus driver, but that night being doctor, both people's target of me seems confirmed)

Then, N2, we have the mysterious double disappearance of two banished folks.  Do we have two banishers?  If so, why no banishments before?  (we might have two banishers, maybe that's why one is gone again.  But if so, who?  Esteemed Knightwing64 is my guess, who may have banished Esteemed CrystalizedMire N2, and N3.  Whereas for whatever reason maybe Esteemed sofanthiel targeted Esteemed Knightwing64 for banishment N2?  I wonder, I don't know.  I don't totally believe the merging stuff, and the N2 evidence is weak.

The N3 evidence for a merge comes from Esteemed Lenglon's results, and our attempts to understand.

of Note:  Esteemed ToonyMan claims the bus/swap was a oneshot, and also I confirm the swap, so does my deadname on Esteemed Webadict's body there.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: December 29, 2023, 10:54:29 pm »

Okay, there's really only so many times I can lay out exactly what happened.

Don't Think About It and just trust me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: December 29, 2023, 10:54:45 pm »

Esteemed hector13, what do you think about the maybe that instead of 'bussed to' those two reflect, either randomly or weirdly maybe to each other?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: December 29, 2023, 10:56:30 pm »

In my opinion Lenglon being "copied" doesn't make any sense. Jim and BlackHeart (or Max or whoever) show the exact same signs as NQT/Sofanthiel on N1 and Crystal/Knightwing on N2. Another reason why Max is Max.

The important part is whoever is doing this merging is 100% scum. Same for the "bus", which is far less evident to me. I guess Jim said he stole NQT's vote by accident instead of Sofanthiel's at the start of D2 for some reason? He definitely sounded like he knew he was bussed, but was taken offguard by the double vote yoink. Sounds kind of strange to me.

@Imp:
Dude I get it. I'll kill Secretdorf if I have to, okay?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: December 29, 2023, 10:56:41 pm »

Okay, there's really only so many times I can lay out exactly what happened.

Don't Think About It and just trust me.

Might do that!

How do you feel about an Esteemed Secretdorf elimination today?

Also, since Esteemed Jim Groovester oddly doesn't seem to care to answer my question about if it might be lethal to me to try and visit for a friendly, surely protective 'basic inspection', how about you?  Do you believe I can safely target you with such an inspection?  I confirm I'm also not interested in 'simplifying' you, based on everything I know right now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: December 29, 2023, 10:58:31 pm »

It’s not my fault, you told me to target Esteemed Jim Groovester :p

I’m just trying to make things clear in my mind about who could be responsible for various things, so… I think that works for me for the moment.

PPE: alright. I think Esteemed Lenglon’s double action was just because they targeted the merged players. This could also just be because I don’t know how copies work heh.

PPE2: Esteemed Imp, just wipe Esteemed Secretdorf’s role in the night. To be perfectly honest I think the worst he’ll be is a third party that exits the game at a particular number of votes, because otherwise it’s game over when he has a plurality as scum, which would be fucked up.

PPE3: if Esteemed Jim Groovester was in a group chat with Esteemed webadict, wouldn’t it be in Esteemed webadict’s flip? And Esteemed Imp would be there too… assuming, of course, a Mason type thing rather than it being something Esteemed Jim Groovester did.

PPE4:
Esteemed hector13, what do you think about the maybe that instead of 'bussed to' those two reflect, either randomly or weirdly maybe to each other?

Which two? Though it doesn’t really matter.I mean you’re thinking too much about it. The only reason I’m considering a merge as reasonable is Esteemed sofanthiel died via Esteemed Egan_BW’s kill, and now-confirmed-town Esteemed notquitethere also said they were targeted for a kill N1.

PPE5: got things to do, too many warnings about posts before I post, haven’t read the last handful of posts, will be back later…
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: December 29, 2023, 10:59:52 pm »

@Imp:
Dude I get it. I'll kill Secretdorf if I have to, okay?

Maybe.

I still remember this.

I can't switch Jack.

It'll be okay Imp.

And the how and whys about you being the Esteemed Webadict's child now.

I have so many targets reasonable for that basic inspect!  If you are scum though, your cover's awesome.  But your actions have arguably not always helped town.  So... Let's save your vig shot and vote Secretdorf, if we can't get it very clear that this is just a harmless, friendly, playing for a town win player after all, something I don't see evidence of despite being in the game with them to D4 so far.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: December 29, 2023, 11:01:03 pm »

PPE2: Esteemed Imp, just wipe Esteemed Secretdorf’s role in the night. To be perfectly honest I think the worst he’ll be is a third party that exits the game at a particular number of votes, because otherwise it’s game over when he has a plurality as scum, which would be fucked up.

Esteemed hector13
I asked and was told that this may not remove the votes.

So we may have to do this the hard way, and not just leave it in my 'I really asked for something very different' hands.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: December 29, 2023, 11:04:53 pm »

Might do that!

How do you feel about an Esteemed Secretdorf elimination today?
I'm not against it. In particular, if Esteemed Jim Groovester actually does claim a benign groupchat, effectively clearing Esteemed BHK in the process, then that'd be the next logical thing for me to try.

Also, since Esteemed Jim Groovester oddly doesn't seem to care to answer my question about if it might be lethal to me to try and visit for a friendly, surely protective 'basic inspection', how about you?  Do you believe I can safely target you with such an inspection?  I confirm I'm also not interested in 'simplifying' you, based on everything I know right now.
I wouldn't recommend it. Let me check the flipped version of your role again to see what your immunities are.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: December 29, 2023, 11:05:43 pm »

PPE4:

Which two? Though it doesn’t really matter.I mean you’re thinking too much about it. The only reason I’m considering a merge as reasonable is Esteemed sofanthiel died via Esteemed Egan_BW’s kill, and now-confirmed-town Esteemed notquitethere also said they were targeted for a kill N1.

Esteemed Maximum Spin appears to be claiming that what targeted him was sent to Esteemed Jim Groovester, and the opposite.

A bus is once, one night, maybe can be repeated.

A redirect or whatever it is called would be part of the role, could be a number of shots or permanent, like any other ability.  Esteemed Maximum Spin seems to have claimed not to normally be targetable, unless redirected to - but also claims not to have wanted or expected this ability to land on him.  I don't really think he knew it would, based on it being requested for Esteemed Jim Groovester.

Maybe a merge explains 'it hit both, but something about Esteemed Jim Groovester means it failed to take on him'.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: December 29, 2023, 11:10:52 pm »

I also believe that Lenglon's results make BlackHeart look good, since Jim has basically admitted they have a groupchat without confirming it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: December 29, 2023, 11:13:58 pm »

If we decide to say, which of these is scum, I still look at what's said about Esteemed Secretdorf.

1 message all of D1:
Secretdorf - Showed up relatively late (whoops, actually showed up early), can't make an opinion, nothing offensive yet.

Then never said anything else again about that one.

Several messages throughout the day:

I don't want a hammer yet, but I do want the number of votes to go above 7 because I do not trust Secretdorf.

Oh, to be clear, I'm abundantly fine with that happening later, closer to day end, I just wanted to establish that I definitely want to break Secretdorf's condition from earlier at some point. I don't feel the need to convince you to vote right this second if you don't want to.

Esteemed Maximum Spin

Oh, to be clear, I'm abundantly fine with that happening later, closer to day end, I just wanted to establish that I definitely want to break Secretdorf's condition from earlier at some point. I don't feel the need to convince you to vote right this second if you don't want to.

What was Esteemed Secretdorf’s condition that you want to break?
"Don't let anyone be hammered or lynched by more than seven players". No indication of why that I recall. I don't feel like finding the specific post.

Based on this alone I say 'Let's give Exteemed Maximum Spin more time.  And let's lynch Esteemed Secretdorf if we think Esteemed Jim Groovester is scum - because they're scum buddies and working together but its the secret one that has all the votes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 29, 2023, 11:16:55 pm »

I wouldn't recommend it. Let me check the flipped version of your role again to see what your immunities are.

Yep yep.  Thanks for being interested in checking.  Wouldn't want anything bad for you to happen either.  The only bad I can imagine is, 'Oh, not town?' but that's something I 'don't worry about' right now.

Here it is!  Good thing I can handle playing games like this openhanded, thanks to the people working intensely to keep me alive.

Warehouse 13 (Town)
(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.
(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: December 29, 2023, 11:19:01 pm »

That's very helpful, thanks.
I conclude that it wouldn't cause any discernible harm to you.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 29, 2023, 11:25:46 pm »

Another thing that surprises me.  If the folks under concern are not scum, and have a better target... or are scum, but have a better target.... why not agree for the target?

What is it about Esteemed Secretdorf that makes some people want to protect that one so much?  I am enjoying this curiosity.

That's very helpful, thanks.
I conclude that it wouldn't cause any discernible harm to you.

Thank you!

I continue to not confirm my target intentions, but I hugely appreciate your response and it'll be part of my factoring of what I do and when.

I do not at this time support an Esteemed Maximum Spin lynch.  I expect this person to be town.

I think it is definitely possible Esteemed Jim Groovester may be scum, and if so, seems to be working with Esteemed Secretdorf.

But folk not on that scum team, look at the votes.  Let's fix the more dangerous scum first, and if Esteemed Secretdorf, who has not played townly all game, flips town, I am dismayed and regretful, but if they flip scum and we didn't stop them there, disaster.  We don't have much time left, and seriously - they haven't done one thing that feels town to me all game.  It's not just the votes.  It's the votes plus the rest of the behavior.

And if you think Esteemed Jim is scum, Esteemed Secretdorf really, really appears to be that one's partner and how that one is covering their scumly night duties.  But it's Esteemed Secretdorf with the 5 votes.  We gotta lynch that one first, not all scum are the same in a game like this.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 207