Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80295 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1830 on: December 29, 2023, 12:30:33 pm »

Imp, would you be willing to super inspect me tonight? I know you probably want to hit SD or MS, but being confirmed town would be incredibly helpful for several reasons.

You are definitely on my list for who I am willing to use the Esteemed Webadict's basic inspect ability on, and I confirm I intend to follow the autos that would, I think make whatever I do certain to land right and be true.

I'm not at this time ready to commit to any specific action tonight, and predict I will not be making a commitment.

But I'm definitely listening.  Can you help me understand why you feel being 'confirmed town' as of tonight is super useful for you?

Can you help me understand why you didn't request earlier at any point, either from Esteemed Webadict themself, or of me yesterday?

My current read of you:

Your day game is acceptable, I can read pro-town actions throughout it (which rules out nothing).

Your claimed night game actions for N1 (roleblock and bomb-give Esteemed CrystalizedMire, who claims was roleblocked and given a bomb, mutual confirmation)

and N2 (roleblock and bomb-give Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, who tells a strange and personalized story that doesn't conflict with your claim and confirms bomb-on-car-hood)

and N3 (again roleblock and bomb-give Esteemed CrystalizedMire, who cannot confirm but you also restate scumread on)

means to me that you're doing these things, or have co-collaborators in both Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, who are getting away with not claiming stuff because you supposedly roleblocked and bombed 'em when in fact all three of you are free to do whatever those nights.

Given that the Esteemed notquitethere also claims 'I gained a Marked By Death status when targeting Esteemed BlackHeartKabal' and I claim I gained a Marked by Death status when roleblocked and without having ever targeted Esteemed BlackHeartKabal -

I think I believe this particular set of events, I don't think I see a complex 'roleblock claim so scum are free to act' play going on.

And your actions and words feel reasonable to very town to me, Esteemed Elephant Parade.

What else should I and others consider and/or be aware of?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 29, 2023, 12:34:52 pm »

Max: If everything shared is true, then I was given the double-action by scum. If your theory is true, they directed me to another member of their team. I've been public about my information-gathering nature. It makes zero sense for scum to force me to inspect them. I do not trust my night results from last night, and would prefer to lynch based on other things today. I'll see about possible ways to resolve things on future nights.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 29, 2023, 12:35:59 pm »

Max: If everything shared is true, then I was given the double-action by scum. If your theory is true, they directed me to another member of their team. I've been public about my information-gathering nature. It makes zero sense for scum to force me to inspect them. I do not trust my night results from last night, and would prefer to lynch based on other things today. I'll see about possible ways to resolve things on future nights.
I'm not totally sure that's how it works, but understood. Who would you prefer to lynch? I'm happy to follow.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 29, 2023, 12:36:06 pm »

Max, is Imp's picture of the night the same as yours? You were the person floating the mass randomise theory. Do you still think that happened?
No. I was certainly randomized, but it seems that's the fault of the one who gave me this awful speech impediment. All the other actions appear to fall in line with a pretty straightforward interpretation, with only a few mysteries that make sense as single actions.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, can you revisit this yet and refine your opinion?

Do you still think Esteemed Egan_BW is the explanation for Esteemed sofanthiel's death there?
Yes. I wrote a full explanation of this then remembered that I'm not allowed to say player names, so just take my word for it: every night so far at least one player has clearly "double-acted", and two out of those we've all publically seen in the flips could only have been targeted to one player, so there must be some other effect causing it. I'll confess I also had a bit of an inkling that this could happen to begin with, since my role stipulates that, if actions are copied to more than one player, I still only see them once.
Can a kill be double-acted? It wouldn't make sense there since that would mean Egan also killed their partner Sofanthiel and not just got bussed to them. I still think NQT and Sofanthiel were bussed or merged by some unknown person. Although, Jim only got NQT's vote right? So a merge doesn't make sense there since Jim should have gotten NQT and Sofanthiel's votes, although Jim did have three votes...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 29, 2023, 12:36:15 pm »

But I'm definitely listening.  Can you help me understand why you feel being 'confirmed town' as of tonight is super useful for you?
No.

Can you help me understand why you didn't request earlier at any point, either from Esteemed Webadict themself, or of me yesterday?
I actually did do this D1. The conversation petered out, partially because I wasn't clear on what things the inspect did and didn't ignore.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 29, 2023, 12:38:04 pm »

I really don't want to wait around for people to show up and claim.

Is this one of those things where we have to kill the esteemed Secretdorf so the esteemed everyone else can move on?

Very much against lynching Secretdorf to satisfy Imp's tunneling.

Esteemed Jim Groovester, please help us understand why you selected Esteemed Knightwing64 for your vote theft target.

It seems odd that Esteemed Secretdorf would coincidentally choose the same target as you both nights.  Esteemed Secretdorf has claimed a reason for selecting Esteemed Knightwing64, and I greatly wonder what yours is.

Literally the same reason. Knightwing64's vote is better off in my hands than it is in Knightwing64's hands.

Knightwing64 is also suspect for getting banished at the same time as Crystalizedmire by (presumably) sofanthiel and whoever's responsible for ability duplication. That was probably not an accident but between Crystalizedmire and Knightwing64, Knightwing64 is probably less suspicious.

Why didn't you target Crystalizedmire then?

Don't worry about it.

Quote from: Elephant Parade
hey imp inspect me
Quote from: Imp
What makes you think you are a good fit for this basic inspect?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

What's your greatest weakness?

Tell me about your greatest success.

Tell me about when you failed at something at what you learned from the experience.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 29, 2023, 12:38:39 pm »

I'm not totally sure that's how it works, but understood. Who would you prefer to lynch? I'm happy to follow.
No, on the contrary, I'm sure that's not how it works. The d2 situation clearly showed that the double-acting is placed on the TARGET, not the actor, in the "fusion" kind of way that we've been describing it. So your inspection is something that couldn't have been predicted.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 29, 2023, 12:40:00 pm »

Although, Jim only got NQT's vote right? So a merge doesn't make sense there since Jim should have gotten NQT and Sofanthiel's votes, although Jim did have three votes...
Are we still doing this? I pointed this out ON THAT DAY. Admittedly subtly because I was annoyed.

Jim got sofanthiel's and NQT's votes, then sofanthiel got an extra vote, which we now know is from the auto-vote-replacer auto.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 29, 2023, 12:40:50 pm »

Whatever reason the double-action or merges are happening: it's by a party or someone who wants to remain hidden, so they're scum.

If they really are double-actioning people, then this player is probably Mafia alongside Sofanthiel, because they wouldn't just randomly allow Sofanthiel to banish two people. This person would know Sofanthiel can banish two players with their double-action and plan accordingly. In other words, there's at least one more Mafia player.

In addition, the situation with NQT and Sofanthiel during N1 is still extremely bizarre and doesn't make sense to me unless non-Mafia scum were involved.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 29, 2023, 12:42:45 pm »

Although, Jim only got NQT's vote right? So a merge doesn't make sense there since Jim should have gotten NQT and Sofanthiel's votes, although Jim did have three votes...
Are we still doing this? I pointed this out ON THAT DAY. Admittedly subtly because I was annoyed.

Jim got sofanthiel's and NQT's votes, then sofanthiel got an extra vote, which we now know is from the auto-vote-replacer auto.
It would have help if Grooved Jim explained that to everyone after sofantheil flipped. :|

Unless he did already.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 29, 2023, 12:43:01 pm »

In addition, the situation with NQT and Sofanthiel during N1 is still extremely bizarre and doesn't make sense to me unless non-Mafia scum were involved.
Honestly, we now know sofanthiel was unkillable so...

ah. fuck. See this is why I hate post restrictions. Ugh, this game sucks. Figure it out yourselves.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 29, 2023, 12:44:16 pm »

Max: understood. That... relieves me quite a bit actually. Still need BHK and Knightwing (no, I'm not infected with ya'lls post restrictions) to post before I vote, but it does help a lot.

Toonyman: I've been scum more than town and have looked into double-actions and kills before. Often kills can be doubled but Mafiakills cannot, due to their shared + restricted nature.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 29, 2023, 12:45:48 pm »

Just to make my displeasure completely clear, I legitimately would not have joined if warned ahead of time that this would be a game where people can catch post restrictions.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 29, 2023, 12:47:05 pm »

Max: isn't it optional though? like, you gain a benefit for following it but it's not forced upon you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 29, 2023, 12:48:03 pm »

It's extremely bizarre because Egan and Sofanthiel were Mafia partners, so whoever "merged" NQT and Sofanthiel together meant Egan was going to kill their own partner, which seems like an odd decision if the merger is Mafia. I SUPPOSE it's possible NQT is also Mafia and because he knew he couldn't be killed (he survived the kill attempt, after all), then this N1 play was some absolutely stupid gambit where Mafia!Egan tries to "kill" both Mafia!NQT and Mafia!Sofanthiel which both fail because of reasons to...make themselves look like victims? Instead of just killing two town players with this busted "merge" ability? This is why I don't buy that theory. At the same time though I don't understand why The Merger would target NQT and Sofanthiel on N1 in the first place instead of higher profile players.

Just to make my displeasure completely clear, I legitimately would not have joined if warned ahead of time that this would be a game where people can catch post restrictions.
I think post restrictions are complete bullshit honestly.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 207