Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79496 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1860 on: December 29, 2023, 01:49:56 pm »

Just to make my displeasure completely clear, I legitimately would not have joined if warned ahead of time that this would be a game where people can catch post restrictions.

Good faith effort seems accepted.  I wonder what that means, and how wide the leash stretches.  You seemed to think I'd broken mine D3.

I cannot possibly imagine describing any of this as "calm" so I guess that works then.

If you need a break I hope you decide to take one, and if you choose that you continue displaying good faith effort.  I bet it matters, especially for those of us who didn't ask for these restrictions.
No, I clearly and unequivocally forgot to do it here, where I named three different people, and I very strongly doubt I will be allowed to overlook that. Besides, I sorta accepted that, even though I can't use my protect, it'll be good to be mostly-confirmably ruled out as having killed anyone.

@Max:
Again, why waste one of your double kills on your partner when you could try to kill two town instead? Do you think The Merger or whatever is on the same team as Egan and Sofanthiel?
I have no idea, but I'm not willing to rule it out just because it doesn't seem like the optimal move. Sometimes people do suboptimal things. Or even have crazy ideas you haven't thought about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 29, 2023, 01:54:04 pm »

If I assume the only scum left are Mafia I think this game becomes incredibly simple and seems really unbalanced for Mafia if there's only like two left. Yeah sure there's red herring Jack Sparrow and Tric the American Dragon, but they both died on D1 heh.

I'm going to do another reads list today specifically on the likelihood of players being Mafia since that's all we've seen and there's almost certainly at least one more.

@Max:
I can still protect Imp at least.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 29, 2023, 01:55:42 pm »

Could've sworn I asked this earlier, but I can't find it in my posts so maybe I didn't. I'm pretty sure the answer is 'yes', but I want to be sure:

@Fallacy: If a player with Contractual Niceness broke its condition, would they be informed that they had done so?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 29, 2023, 01:59:02 pm »

@Max:
Again, why waste one of your double kills on your partner when you could try to kill two town instead? Do you think The Merger or whatever is on the same team as Egan and Sofanthiel?

Town-cred. It’s pretty tricky to lose that without solid proof. The only problem is Esteemed sofanthiel never had any in the bank, so it looked fishy because why would the scum would kill the second-most popular wagon from D1 if they were town?

That might imply newer players as the scum team if it’s the case, but I’d be more comfortable lynching someone based on something a bit less nebulous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 29, 2023, 02:00:36 pm »

Secretdorf's claim that he gets wrecked if he gets too many votes seems like a very plausible balance and I liked his recent post. Still it seems like very high stakes keeping him alive.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 29, 2023, 02:02:28 pm »

Good faith effort seems accepted.
No, I clearly and unequivocally forgot to do it here, where I named three different people, and I very strongly doubt I will be allowed to overlook that. Besides, I sorta accepted that, even though I can't use my protect, it'll be good to be mostly-confirmably ruled out as having killed anyone.

Uh-huh.  Because I asked, and of course can't quote a PM from Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, but I think I know quite a bit about what does and doesn't break these things.

Clearly and intentionally breaking it sure does seem to count.  Little accidental stuff, combined with a genuine good faith effort to follow it?  Hey, I don't wanna blow your cover if this is cover, but if this is a despair event horizon, maybe take a break and get some answers.

If you want it not broken, I think you have value in continuing to follow it.  I don't think little oopses count, I don't think the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is at all concerned with finding the one and perfect player, or with making any of us wish we'd never played, or with punishing us for making 'boring, casual, normal' errors.

Unless we asked to be, then that itself might be woven into the game.

So yeah, if I didn’t refer to someone directly with the honorific Esteemed in the above post, feel free to hit me with that role removal thing Esteemed webadict.

Then I can PFP in peace for the remainder of the game.

At a guess this one may have an additional set of issues in play, but us 'targets', it's probably a much lighter matter.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 29, 2023, 02:07:12 pm »

@Elephant:
Well, we know Imp wasn't informed of that at least because we would probably know about it from the horse's mouth. I would think you would be told but I don't know.

@Hector:
Sofanthiel did a really swell job explaining why they revived on D2 (they didn't explain anything) so if it was planned it failed royally.

@NQT:
I can understand the unease, but it still feels wrong to vote a player just because of vote accumulation...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 29, 2023, 02:09:02 pm »

@Elephant:
Well, we know Imp wasn't informed of that at least because we would probably know about it from the horse's mouth. I would think you would be told but I don't know.
I agree—they would have said if they had been informed, and they almost certainly would have been informed if they had broken it. I just want to cover my bases.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 29, 2023, 02:09:55 pm »

@Esteemed ToonyMan: I think perhaps the plan was for everyone to assume that because Esteemed sofanthiel was the NK they must be town, they weren’t expecting Esteemed Jim Groovester and I to go “yeah nah that doesn’t make sense” and the bussing to be revealed almost immediately.

It’s just a theory though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 29, 2023, 02:10:06 pm »

If you want it not broken, I think you have value in continuing to follow it.  I don't think little oopses count, I don't think the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist is at all concerned with finding the one and perfect player, or with making any of us wish we'd never played, or with punishing us for making 'boring, casual, normal' errors.
Well, look, I already asked and haven't heard back yet, but I definitely did break it on purpose afterward when I was annoyed, so I don't think I'm getting away with it. I'll let you know if I hear otherwise, though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 29, 2023, 02:10:43 pm »

What is the penalty anyway?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 29, 2023, 02:12:26 pm »

Yeah if they want to reveal that they can fire away.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 29, 2023, 02:12:52 pm »

Can't kill and can't protect, the following night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 29, 2023, 02:13:07 pm »

@Hector:
Sofanthiel did a really swell job explaining why they revived on D2 (they didn't explain anything) so if it was planned it failed royally.

I'm guessing that one may not have a pro on the scumteam, but...

I was given huge reason to explore what a 'kill' meant at start of play.  Loads of questions between me and Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist about several ways to cease to be alive and which count as kills and which count as something else.

Despite seeing (bolding mine)

(Innate, Auto) Eternal Mission: Time flickers backwards whenever your timeline would cease. When you are killed, you revive. When your role or abilities change due to external factors, they return to their previous state. When you gain a Status, you lose it. When you gain or lose votes, your votes reset to their previous count. This ability may trigger any number of times in a given phase, but after the phase is over, it goes on cooldown for one Cycle.

Even then, with my understanding, I still expected the elimination to count as a kill - and I was just told better this game even, though my focus was on 'what if scum vote me out, is that a kill that satisfies the 'Villians Victory' stuff?' and not on reading others' abilities.  Whoops.

So it seems to me a reasonable mistake to make 'I think this won't really kill me, I can't be killed' and 'yeah, that's not a kill' being an issue.  That a pro partner would probably??? catch.  No idea.  But could explain the headlong rush to 'real death' if that is what has happened.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 29, 2023, 02:13:31 pm »

Can't kill and can't protect, the following night.

Confirming, that's what I was shown too, when I gained that same ability.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 207