Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79816 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1815 on: December 29, 2023, 10:28:36 am »

I'm quite sure we don't have a mass redirect going on.  Evidence
Spoiler: here (click to show/hide)
I think there was one purposeful redirect (or a lie about a target, which I think unlikely but possible; or a not talking about protection against being targeted, or a more complex commingling situation going on) of Esteemed hector13.

I think there was one 'oops, oh well' redirect of Esteemed Lenglon, not particularly in anyones' control.

I suspect Esteemed Knightwing64 handles the merging of folks - and/or at least some of the redirecting of folks, and/or at least some of the doubling of outcomes.  I currently view this as NAI.

I suspect Esteemed Crystalizedmire handled the infesting of a gun; that person appears unable to have done anything else at night except for N2 because of roleblocks.

We have some unclaimed/unexplained bussing going on for several nights, some unclaimed/unexplained apparent merging of folks to receive hits, and some doubling of action targets.  Those things maybe have a single mutable/variably interpretable cause?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 29, 2023, 11:18:29 am »

Now that I think about it I could not have self-targeted last night unless Fallacy screwed up. I can confirm this with Fallacy.

@NQT:
Why are your results so unclear?

@Secretdorf:
The absence of a nightkill is probably because the last mafia member(s) is wary of tracking and other actions or because they're doing it arsonist style(BHK maybe). I'm still waiting for BHK and knightwing to claim their actions.
This is assuming there's only one scum team with a kill. If the game really is just a big single Mafia team (it would be what, 5 Mafia players?) then I want to believe there's a SK which I guess points to BlackHeart, but I don't believe that's the case here.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 29, 2023, 11:25:12 am »

There's also roleblocks, redirect concerns, and potentially a ghostly Esteemed EuchreJack empowered to sail around at night too, though that's extremely unknown since the end of N2 (there is a claim of a ghost spotting of sorts N2, I did not make that claim and do not expect to ever 'see' that one).  One theory is that stuff simply ended.  Another theory is maybe something stranger is going on, and maybe it's not ended.

Esteemed ToonieMan, to your understanding is it impossible for any kind of redirect or commingling to have forced your action to also target you?  You didn't self-target, and couldn't, any more than most can.  But that's just 'on purpose', right?  Others can potentially force stuff we didn't intend?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 29, 2023, 11:32:44 am »

Thanks for putting in the work there, Imp.

I've just realised I misinterpreted something from my action report and it didn't actually show Toony target himself. I just learned his name (Trafalgar Law).

So my report is completely consistent with both Toony and Imp's claims and I wasn't redirected/bussed/randomised and there was no specific evidence of Toony and Imp being merged.

PPE: It was unclear because I just got an unsorted list of role names, and the action was relatively convoluted. I had to go back and reread my PM to clear it it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 29, 2023, 11:33:28 am »

MOD, please prod our absent players.

Knightwing64, claim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 29, 2023, 11:41:46 am »

Also, I got a reply from Fallacy about whether someone would know if they were blocked. Usually! But if someone was blocked multiple times or as a matter of course, they wouldn't necessarily get unique flavour for that. So BHK might be lying, might be telling the truth, the mechanics don't clear it either way.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 29, 2023, 11:42:23 am »

If you're going to vote someone, Euchre, I'd actually recommend Egan_BW or Secretdorf.  I don't know if they realized why, but both of them just made really suspicious posts.

Okay, so what post(s) did Esteemed Secretdorf make before that?  Oh, it's easy to narrow down, because to that point Esteemed Secretdorf had made only one post the entire game (it was pretty early, but nice to narrow it down).

Secretdorf: What is the proper number of RVS questions to ask?
How would I know? 5? However many you can easily come with?

Another Dorf hiding the fact that they're playing forum mafia by not posting. Congrats, I almost forgot you existed.
Yeah, thanks for noticing me, I guess.

Also, Jack, did the PM not have the mafia wincon, you win if pirates outnumber town and other mafia is eliminated, or something like that?

Anyway, we're probably down one scumteam, one left; and an SK maybe.

I will also say this: if at some point you need a votecount (and you are not EuchreJack), feel free to ask me, if I see the request before mamobo or fallacy do, I'll do it, you know, out of goodwill.

Well, I'm a newbie to mafia and I don't think like the rest of you, get corrected fairly often for not doing things you like, not saying things that make sense to you, oh well.  And I can't exactly ask Esteemed Webadict why that looked like a really suspicious post now.

Could the very suspicious be rushing to try and establish we're down to one scumteam, just a few dozen posts into the game?  'an SK' maybe is the issue or part of it, a overall narrowing the field of concern prematurely and something town wouldn't/shouldn't know or think at that point?

Esteemed Secretdorf, who over and again tried to clear self, and just smoothly and 'gently' moves towards complete vote dominion, not even bothering to be honest, contradicting what they say when convenient, barely scumhunting, barely interacting, except to my focused concern.

Are we frogs, I wonder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpOzssCGmk

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 29, 2023, 11:44:56 am »

Is this one of those things where we have to kill the esteemed Secretdorf so the esteemed everyone else can move on?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 29, 2023, 11:55:18 am »

Max, is Imp's picture of the night the same as yours? You were the person floating the mass randomise theory. Do you still think that happened?

Is this one of those things where we have to kill the esteemed Secretdorf so the esteemed everyone else can move on?
We will all collectively kick ourselves if an evil Superdorf wins just because everyone else allowed him to accumulate all of the votes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1824 on: December 29, 2023, 11:55:58 am »

Oh, you know...  The usual.
Thanks, that helps.
If I am not mistaken, Egan_BW attempted to kill notquitethere but accidentally killed sofanthiel.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, can you revisit this yet and refine your opinion?

Do you still think Esteemed Egan_BW is the explanation for Esteemed sofanthiel's death there?  I get that there's a lot of mystery involved, and I'm not interested at this time in unraveling what you may be a part of.

I am trying to get more evidence about this possible commingling that may or may not explain some events.

It appears that maybe Esteemed notquitethere has another understanding that isn't 'commingling' for their N3 information.

What say you now about your N1 information?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 29, 2023, 12:06:05 pm »

Esteemed Jim Groovester, please help us understand why you selected Esteemed Knightwing64 for your vote theft target.

It seems odd that Esteemed Secretdorf would coincidentally choose the same target as you both nights.  Esteemed Secretdorf has claimed a reason for selecting Esteemed Knightwing64, and I greatly wonder what yours is.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 29, 2023, 12:11:37 pm »

Imp, would you be willing to super inspect me tonight? I know you probably want to hit SD or MS, but being confirmed town would be incredibly helpful for several reasons.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 29, 2023, 12:12:55 pm »

Max, is Imp's picture of the night the same as yours? You were the person floating the mass randomise theory. Do you still think that happened?
No. I was certainly randomized, but it seems that's the fault of the one who gave me this awful speech impediment. All the other actions appear to fall in line with a pretty straightforward interpretation, with only a few mysteries that make sense as single actions.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, can you revisit this yet and refine your opinion?

Do you still think Esteemed Egan_BW is the explanation for Esteemed sofanthiel's death there?
Yes. I wrote a full explanation of this then remembered that I'm not allowed to say player names, so just take my word for it: every night so far at least one player has clearly "double-acted", and two out of those we've all publically seen in the flips could only have been targeted to one player, so there must be some other effect causing it. I'll confess I also had a bit of an inkling that this could happen to begin with, since my role stipulates that, if actions are copied to more than one player, I still only see them once.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 29, 2023, 12:21:48 pm »

@Imp:
Webadict probably meant Secretdorf asking Jack "did the PM not have the mafia wincon" since town players didn't get their wincon in their PMs. If Secretdorf isn't town then maybe he did have a wincon in his PM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 29, 2023, 12:28:15 pm »

Yes. I wrote a full explanation of this then remembered that I'm not allowed to say player names
If it's any consolation I'm starting to hate the word "Esteemed".

I'm starting to desire the Death of Hector for that alone.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 207