Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79661 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #960 on: December 18, 2023, 07:27:43 pm »

I don't massively want to vote for The Canadian Kitten here.

EuchreJack, I would never have gone along with that plan. Why on Earth would I go along with that plan?
I'm halfway between not caring and wanting you to post your final intended set of invites.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2023, 07:29:52 pm »

Web: Toony's vote.

You gonna tell me if your case is based on more than post count?
Hm?

NQT: Canadian

You're going to need context for this one NQT, it's not about a scumslip in a post, it's activity pattern. Up until that point Canadian had made a total of two posts for all of day 1, including RVS. Then when I got some votes put on them they suddenly came back with a flurry of activity. In that flurry of activity they listed their top 3 scumreads as the three main wagons other than themselves at the time, but when asked why couldn't provide plausible justification. Then as the pressure dialed down I maintained follow-up with them, asking them to provide evaluations of individuals. The first eval was of anyone they chose, and they chose Elephant and found them towny, which is fine on o
its own but I would expect new scum to pick someone outside their scumteam and find them towny to that kind of open prompt. Then I specifically asked about sofanthial after praising their eval of elephant, sofanthial was being found scummy for mild reason at best at the time, and there was barely any pressure on Canadian at the time. They responded by voting sofanthial after finding them vaguely scummy. Finally I asked them about Hector13, my top suspect for their scumbuddy. They have not responded.
Hector the whole time this was occuring was deflecting people to literally go after any other lurker, and even started the sofanthial wagon in the first place. If the two are partners it explains both of them near-perfectly.
I do NOT have a case on Hector as an individual at this time, so I want Canadian lynched, not Hector. IF Canadian flips scum, then I'll have foĺlow up.

I find myself hoping Esteemed The Canadian kitten flips scum because I really want to see you spin my distaste for Lynch All Lurkers into a case for me being scum.

PPE: @Esteemed The Canadian kitten: note I did not push for a lynch on Esteemed sofanthiel, I pointed out what they were doing in the game that made me more suspicious of them than other lurkers. I have no interest in lynching anyone if the main thrust of the case against them is “has not posted much”.
You quoted this already and responded to the content. You know better than this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2023, 07:30:56 pm »

Speaking of being upfront, both Max and Jim are voting me, so I'm inclined to remove Jim from the pirate chat. Thoughts?
Right now, it's in the hypothetical future when I survive, but hey dying is slow.

The current list, until I change it, is the one submitted previously.
Jim, Imp, Elephant Parade

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2023, 07:35:39 pm »

I guess I can switch to Canadian pursuant to Lenglon's repeated post there, which is basically a better reason than 90% of the possible lynches I could go for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2023, 07:36:19 pm »

Venerated Hector13, I honestly and fully believe EuchreJack cannot be scum.  Cult maybe, Pirate-ally/converter maybe.  Otherwise, town.  And probably town.  I have reasons, those are not feelings, or EuchreJack has an IQ around 210 and plays Xanatos Chess to relax and get ready to fall asleep.

EuchreJack, why not go Jim, Imp, Max?

With me in spot 3, if that is intended, you'd reached out to BlackHeartKabal and asked if wanted a spot before I dared speak up....

But to me it looks like 'the three' without plan changes are Jim, Imp, Max, and you of course.

Why do you want so much to have Elephant Parade in there?  Or is that a formal secret thing, and if so, maybe say directly so, that this is important and meaningful and you stand your ground on?

Again, I have no preference for those three over any other three.  Max and Jim were the two you said before you said okay to me.  After you said okay to me, you started talking about a secret spot.  That... is weird and made me very scared, as I discussed.  Going back to the supposed Jim, Max, Imp, looks sane and reasonable.

For all I'm terrified of Max, and will speak very little unless I have good reason, respect of Jim, and really the rest of you.  I'm a mechanic, right?  My sole reason to be there?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2023, 07:38:22 pm »

Elephant Parade looked townie and wanted in the chat.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2023, 07:40:27 pm »

I guess the list is:
Code: [Select]
Jim
Max
Imp

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 18, 2023, 07:43:41 pm »

You gonna tell me if your case is based on more than post count?
Hm?

NQT: Canadian

You're going to need context for this one NQT, it's not about a scumslip in a post, it's activity pattern. Up until that point Canadian had made a total of two posts for all of day 1, including RVS. Then when I got some votes put on them they suddenly came back with a flurry of activity. In that flurry of activity they listed their top 3 scumreads as the three main wagons other than themselves at the time, but when asked why couldn't provide plausible justification. Then as the pressure dialed down I maintained follow-up with them, asking them to provide evaluations of individuals. The first eval was of anyone they chose, and they chose Elephant and found them towny, which is fine on o
its own but I would expect new scum to pick someone outside their scumteam and find them towny to that kind of open prompt. Then I specifically asked about sofanthial after praising their eval of elephant, sofanthial was being found scummy for mild reason at best at the time, and there was barely any pressure on Canadian at the time. They responded by voting sofanthial after finding them vaguely scummy. Finally I asked them about Hector13, my top suspect for their scumbuddy. They have not responded.
Hector the whole time this was occuring was deflecting people to literally go after any other lurker, and even started the sofanthial wagon in the first place. If the two are partners it explains both of them near-perfectly.
I do NOT have a case on Hector as an individual at this time, so I want Canadian lynched, not Hector. IF Canadian flips scum, then I'll have foĺlow up.

I find myself hoping Esteemed The Canadian kitten flips scum because I really want to see you spin my distaste for Lynch All Lurkers into a case for me being scum.

PPE: @Esteemed The Canadian kitten: note I did not push for a lynch on Esteemed sofanthiel, I pointed out what they were doing in the game that made me more suspicious of them than other lurkers. I have no interest in lynching anyone if the main thrust of the case against them is “has not posted much”.
You quoted this already and responded to the content. You know better than this.

I’ll take that as a “no” then.

What content? You outlined your interaction with Esteemed The Canadian kitten and then said you want them lynched to get a read on me, and you’ll only actually feel like you have a read on me if they flip scum? Why not, I don’t know, interact with me? What happens if they flip town?

Anyone who can comprehend written English can see the entire basis for you thinking they’re scum is their post count, and you used that as their assumed alignment for choosing who to interact with and who might be aligned with them. It’s a fallacious foundation and could be applied to at least five other players besides them.

PPE: jfc this is so stupid.

Esteemed EuchreJack

I have nothing else to say.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 18, 2023, 07:44:43 pm »

Not fixing.  He posted in red, which is like, a thing you don't do.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 18, 2023, 07:45:29 pm »

Okay.  So, Max.  What is your decision and thought now, about you in this Piratechat or not vs Elephant Parade?  I have no preference between you and Elephant Parade in the chat.  I swear to you, if I remain town, I would never, ever, ever choose to empower you as you joked you dreamed of.  And if it happens by accident, as far as I know, it happens, not based on my private chat assistance, not more likely to happen if you're in it or out.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 18, 2023, 07:47:29 pm »

The correct votecount is, I am quite sure:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --6-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*, hector13*,
The Canadian kitten --6-- webadict*, Lenglon*, notquitethere*, Imp*, EuchreJack*, Maximum Spin*,
notquitethere       --1-- Elephant Parade*,
Imp                 --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
sofanthiel          --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --2-- Knightwing64, sofanthiel*,

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 18, 2023, 07:48:07 pm »

Hector: I hope you understand that, since if my theory is correct you are Canadian's scumbuddy, I'm not the most concerned about losing your vote at the moment. If it's incorrect then I hope to use stronger reasoning in the future when we have better information.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 18, 2023, 07:52:01 pm »

I have refreshed a little bit.

Jack can you answer me and NQT?

EuchreJack

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 18, 2023, 07:53:23 pm »

Anyone who can comprehend written English can see the entire basis for you thinking they’re scum is their post count,
It clearly isn't. The "can't scumhunt without just repeating what other people said half-assedly like noob mafia" part is much more relevant.

Okay.  So, Max.  What is your decision and thought now, about you in this Piratechat or not vs Elephant Parade?  I have no preference between you and Elephant Parade in the chat.  I swear to you, if I remain town, I would never, ever, ever choose to empower you as you joked you dreamed of.  And if it happens by accident, as far as I know, it happens, not based on my private chat assistance, not more likely to happen if you're in it or out.
I continue to swear by my previous statement re: alignment changing. I'd also like to be in a chat if it's a normal friendly chat, on balance. I also think that I could, mmm, potentially make everyone in the chat permanently immortal if EuchreJack's telling the truth.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 18, 2023, 07:54:18 pm »

It should be noted that Day 1 will end in one hour and six minutes. At that time, I'll do a final vote tally, probably check it twice, then execute the player with the most votes on them.

If there's a tie, no player will be executed.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 207