Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79515 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #990 on: December 18, 2023, 08:07:57 pm »

I don't know where they saw it.  If in PM from FallacyofUrist or in scumchat.

But it's unmistakable.  Alignment Pirate and Mafia, they're equivalent.  No question.  Flavors of scumteam. And scumteam got told this ability.  They saw it.  No question.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 18, 2023, 08:08:42 pm »

Pfp, I no longer have the energy to use a computer anymore nor fight my lynch. Mafia is already too tiring especially when I wanted to quit it after my previous game. I ain't going to vote jack to stay alive. Even if I live past d1, they're going to make another case about clearly lurking is scum.
Lenglon will not be able to make a case on Hector because I will flip town. Also I guess you're also just going to ignore my "deep" analysis of hector or something? Just no mention of it at all.
Also I do quite like my role. It will be disappointing that I won't be able to use it, since I could have access to deadchat.
Might as well use this as a teaching moment about mafia theory. There are three big reasons to interact:
1) to establish a baseline of who someone is and what their interests and goals are
2) to investigate oddities and look for explanations and thought processes behind actions
3) to gather evidence to support a lynch case.

My interactions since voting you have been of the third type. I wanted to give you all the rope I could to hang yourself with, and to motivate you to do something with it.
At this point I have my evidence, and have made my case. so... I don't really care what scum has to say.

Of course, you could do or say stuff that changes my mind, but I have no motivation to force you to do that. You'll do what you do, and if it convinces me that I'm wrong then I'll move my vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 18, 2023, 08:09:00 pm »

I have refreshed a little bit.

Jack can you answer me and NQT?

EuchreJack
No.
You're asking me to paraphrase 3 long days in a couple sentences. That isn't fair.
You're also big mean scary bully. I hate you and want nothing to do with you.
I just want to know your thought process from basically pages 17 to 19 if you use default settings. That is only a couple hours of time, not three days. It annoys me that you won't share. I have been asking for this for awhile and I don't think you want to answer because it marks you as mafia.

"Hating me" isn't the same thing as thinking I'm town or mafia or whatever. This makes me believe you aren't interested in figuring out my alignment. The same Jack that caught me as mafia in a previous game because you were a double voter and I also claimed double voter, or something to that effect. Do you see my point?
NQT was asking the though process for the ragequit, you're asking for something completely different.
But since NQT isn't here, I'll humor you.

@Imp & Hector: Shut up before I self vote

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 18, 2023, 08:09:53 pm »

I can vote for whomever I like. I miss the days when I used to stick to my guns and be the last one on someone totally unreasonable at EOD, who would sometimes even turn out to be scum.
I'm not saying you can't.  But, I think BHK is actually not super scummy, whereas I'm trying to see how many people would just straight up vote hector13 here.

I don't fully understand your logic, but I believe it would not apply to a case where Jack is the only real Pirate mafia, which is what I suspect.

I have an ability.  It got quoted to all existing scum teams start of play.

In it, if not colored, the Alignment of Pirate, Mafia, and Serial Killer are told to go kill the player with this quoted ability to get some goodies.  If colored, Pirate and Mafia are red.  Serial Killer is navy.

If he's scum, he saw that at start of play.
You know, Toony and Egan_BW are possibilities for that color message.

Maybe we should just forego the days for the rest of the game and just auto-lynch everyone in ascending order of post count from D1? I’m sure we’ll win then.
Not the worst idea!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 18, 2023, 08:11:42 pm »

I feel like this paraphrases my "thought process"
I have to head out to a party. Should I vote Jim so he can daykill me? Nah.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2023, 08:12:19 pm »

I'd be fully comfortable with that outcome, if given time to post as much as I want first.

I'm not saying you can't.  But, I think BHK is actually not super scummy, whereas I'm trying to see how many people would just straight up vote hector13 here.
I probably would, but, psychologically, I just can't give a shit about this day anymore. I also don't remember anything BlackHeartKabal has actually said, but I'll take your word on that because I don't care.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 18, 2023, 08:12:50 pm »

I’d vote for me if it allowed an escape from this utter fucking lunacy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 18, 2023, 08:13:08 pm »

web: I have no motive or case on Hector without Canadian being scum. I will not vote hector today.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: December 18, 2023, 08:13:30 pm »

I have refreshed a little bit.

Jack can you answer me and NQT?

EuchreJack

Also, making sure you saw, I did answer you here.
Sorry, I haven't read that post yet. I was out for a lot of today. I can't really form complicated thoughts right now but I can at least try to read before day ends.

I don't fully understand your logic, but I believe it would not apply to a case where Jack is the only real Pirate mafia, which is what I suspect.

I have an ability.  It got quoted to all existing scum teams start of play.

In it, if not colored, the Alignment of Pirate, Mafia, and Serial Killer are told to go kill the player with this quoted ability to get some goodies.  If colored, Pirate and Mafia are red.  Serial Killer is navy.

If he's scum, he saw that at start of play.
I see. Jack would know Pirate was Red from the very start if he saw this message correctly, something that he did not show any hint of when the game started. That is a good counter argument.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 18, 2023, 08:14:38 pm »

@Toony:  I'll be honest about your earlier statement:  If EuchreJack flips Town, I don't want your life.  I don't want an apology.  I want your obedience.  Unquestioning, undying loyalty.  I get two votes to use instead of my one.  And in return, I offer mine to you.  Should EuchreJack flip some form of anti-Town, whether it be Pirate, Mafia, or even SK, I follow your lead.  Survivor or Hunter is a draw.  I'm basically already doing that, so what am I losing?

You have pushed a single case for the duration of the Day, and personally, I see you as a renegade vigilante, allowed to do as he wills provided the results come in.  I give this as a shortening of the chain I have afforded you.  I can't have you wasting time on single cases to be wrong, especially ones this big, so I put forth this ultimatum.

I have no power to do this and cannot force any arbitration upon the outcome, nor do I have any belief that I will survive Tomorrow given my claims, but that is what I want.
Toony?  Bet?

web: I have no motive or case on Hector without Canadian being scum. I will not vote hector today.
Right-o, Robo-boss!  hector's off the schedule!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 18, 2023, 08:16:48 pm »

@Imp & Hector: Shut up before I self vote

I see. Jack would know Pirate was Red from the very start if he saw this message correctly, something that he did not show any hint of when the game started. That is a good counter argument.

Stands silent, begging gaze on ToonyMan.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 18, 2023, 08:17:13 pm »

NQT was asking the though process for the ragequit, you're asking for something completely different.
But since NQT isn't here, I'll humor you.
False. I have asked for your ragequit thought process as well, but you probably have been ignoring my posts too much to care. Or do you want to dig through my posts and have an actual engagement? Three players have defended you better than you have.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 18, 2023, 08:18:10 pm »

@Toony:  I'll be honest about your earlier statement:  If EuchreJack flips Town, I don't want your life.  I don't want an apology.  I want your obedience.  Unquestioning, undying loyalty.  I get two votes to use instead of my one.  And in return, I offer mine to you.  Should EuchreJack flip some form of anti-Town, whether it be Pirate, Mafia, or even SK, I follow your lead.  Survivor or Hunter is a draw.  I'm basically already doing that, so what am I losing?

You have pushed a single case for the duration of the Day, and personally, I see you as a renegade vigilante, allowed to do as he wills provided the results come in.  I give this as a shortening of the chain I have afforded you.  I can't have you wasting time on single cases to be wrong, especially ones this big, so I put forth this ultimatum.

I have no power to do this and cannot force any arbitration upon the outcome, nor do I have any belief that I will survive Tomorrow given my claims, but that is what I want.
Toony?  Bet?
Toony?  Bet?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 18, 2023, 08:18:49 pm »

You know what?  No.  Not in a million-trillion-septillion years.

First, the "I'll request to be modkilled" statement, which was, expectedly, backed down from.

Then, the repeated voting of oneself (including requests for others to join in and vote Jack as well).

After that, with time rapidly running out and EJ's fate being nigh-determined, this:
I can protect the members of the pirate chat from being nightkilled. I can protect Jimbo, Imp, and Elephant Parade.

Is there a catch? Yup. They have to tell me who is their night target in order to get the protection.  A small price to pay for immortality, I wager.
It's not like they have to say what their night action actually does.
So all 3 members of your secret club become practically immortal as long as you're alive, with only a minor caveat?  Oh, and don't forget that you would show up as pirates when inspected while still retaining your original alignments.  That premise sounds made-up.  So made-up, in fact!  You do realize that, unless someone protects you every consecutive night, you're dead, right?  In fact, I'd be surprised if you were still running that pirate gang in the morning!  The only logical conclusion in that scenario would be that YOU'RE the ones shooting people when the sun crosses the horizon!  If that isn't a last-ditch effort to turn around the wagon, I don't know what is.

Worst of all, you started trying to subtly bribe people into not lynching you by removing those who voted against you from the group.

Lastly, Max, all of a sudden, decides to switch the name he reddened in the last 1.5 hours of the day!  Out of nowhere!!  To me, that completely confirms my suspicions about those two players.  He never meant to vote for his mafia buddy; it's but a facade...

EuchreJack

Spin changed his vote, interestingly, right after a bunch more people opposed EJ and locked in his destiny once more.  Seems to me like an attempt to circumvent the exact observation I just made.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 18, 2023, 08:19:23 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --7-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Egan_BW*, hector13*, ToonyMan*, sofanthiel*,
The Canadian kitten --5-- webadict*, notquitethere*, Imp*, EuchreJack*, Lenglon*,
BlackHeartKabal     --1-- Maximum Spin*,
Imp                 --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
notquitethere       --1-- Elephant Parade*,
sofanthiel          --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --1-- Knightwing64,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (0 hours and 40 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 207