Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80020 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #945 on: December 18, 2023, 07:00:09 pm »

I do wonder though.  If I were to ask you what could make this better for you, would you prefer to answer that out here, where all can see, or inside that private chat, where only some see?
At this point, it doesn't matter. Dead men have no secrets.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 18, 2023, 07:00:59 pm »

Imp: Redirects are a reasonable fear regarding Night actions. Jack's ability is a Day action, triggered at End of Day. Daytime redirects are extremely rare and unlikely.

Web: mamobo is broke again. NQT's vote is wrong.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 18, 2023, 07:01:12 pm »

Is there more to the case against Esteemed The Canadian kitten than their post count?

Two hours to end of day as far as I can tell, I feel the above is a point that needs to be pushed.

So… lynches are important for revealing information, because it allows us to analyze the interactions with the lynched player. We don’t get to do that very much with a lurker, which is one of the most significant reasons why I consider Lynch All Lurkers to be utterly asinine.

We can’t analyze the lynched layers reads, because they weren’t here to make any, nor do we get to analyze the way other players were interacting with the lynched player, because there aren’t many to look at.

PPE: not voting because I didn’t want you to hammer yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 18, 2023, 07:01:32 pm »

+a thousand messages so whatever
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 18, 2023, 07:02:43 pm »

+a thousand messages so whatever
Says the guy that doesn't want the victim to end his suffering with a hammer. Can't even be bothered to read what exists, and you dare to use that as justification for not voting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 18, 2023, 07:03:12 pm »

Euchre, if you're done, I will hammer you.

But, I don't want to if you're willing to keep fighting.  I need players that can fight, even if it's an uphill battle.  And I want you to be able to tell ToonyMan how wrong he is.

Euchre, are you definitely Town?  Because if you are, staying alive is helpful to your team.

Imp: Redirects are a reasonable fear regarding Night actions. Jack's ability is a Day action, triggered at End of Day. Daytime redirects are extremely rare and unlikely.

... Weird, not sure why that is.  I guess I have to look into that now... Ugh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 18, 2023, 07:05:21 pm »

Euchre, if you're done, I will hammer you.

But, I don't want to if you're willing to keep fighting.  I need players that can fight, even if it's an uphill battle.  And I want you to be able to tell ToonyMan how wrong he is.

Euchre, are you definitely Town?  Because if you are, staying alive is helpful to your team.

... Weird, not sure why that is.  I guess I have to look into that now... Ugh.
Explain to me how I actually live.
Canadian Kitten will vote me to stay alive.
NQT isn't going to vote themselves.

Look at the votecount. If you can move it, I'll follow.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 18, 2023, 07:06:43 pm »

Then again, I got work tomorrow. I ain't got time for this shit later in the week.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 18, 2023, 07:10:52 pm »

It's ok. Please

Still three hours.  That's a lot of talking time.  I'm still really confused.

Do you need my consent about this?

Cause, that's what I'm deciding about.

I'm either helplessly going into whatever you make, because I decided to reveal why you (or others) might wanna take me in, or I have to choose if I open that invite, if that's how it works.

And you're either getting voted or not.  I'm not sure.  You freaked me out.  I still don't get the true benefit of the fake member stuff.

"In addition, if one member is secret and one member is fake, then we learn more about all the members.
Does the mafia seems fooled by this? If so, it is more likely all members of pirate chat are town.
Does the mafia seem to see right through it? If so, then at least one member is probably mafia."

I think we have more than one scum team, if that matters.  Or an amazing number of SK, or a cult.

Okay, so this is about stress and votes.

We have 3 hours.  Kindly choose to unvote yourself, or put your vote elsewhere, I hardly care where, while we think.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 18, 2023, 07:17:46 pm »

The correct votecount is, I am quite sure:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --7-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*, EuchreJack*, ToonyMan*, Egan_BW*,
The Canadian kitten --3-- webadict*, Lenglon*, notquitethere*,
notquitethere       --2-- Elephant Parade*, Imp*,
Imp                 --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
sofanthiel          --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Jim Groovester      --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
Maximum Spin        --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --3-- hector13*, Knightwing64, sofanthiel*,

If you and I move to TKc, which is a lynch I can live with, then the vote's 6/5.

We can always test that Seria... err, Secretdorf later.  I suspect him, I don't know, I could be wrong and he saves town as a townie.

Him getting 1 extra vote for tomorrow, if that happens, we can deal with that, surely.  He was talking, we can engage him and deal with him, right?

The odds of one of the many people who can tie/tiebreak this is rather large, given we have much time.  Or do we?

We have until 8 PM, Central.  Just under 2 hours.  The Canadian kitten.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 18, 2023, 07:19:41 pm »

Sure, why not?
The Canadian kitten

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 18, 2023, 07:20:58 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack          --5-- Jim Groovester*, Secretdorf*, BlackHeartKabal*, Maximum Spin*, Egan_BW*,
-> The Canadian kitten --5-- webadict*, notquitethere*, Imp*, EuchreJack*, Lenglon*,
Imp                    --1-- Crystalizedmire*,
Jim Groovester         --1-- ToonyMan*,
notquitethere          --1-- Elephant Parade*,
sofanthiel             --1-- The Canadian kitten*,
BlackHeartKabal        --0--
Crystalizedmire        --0--
Egan_BW                --0--
Elephant Parade        --0--
hector13               --0--
Knightwing64           --0--
Lenglon                --0--
Maximum Spin           --0--
Secretdorf             --0--
ToonyMan               --0--
webadict               --0--
No One                 --0--

Not Voting             --3-- hector13*, Knightwing64, sofanthiel*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (1 hour and 38 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one has determined what happens.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 18, 2023, 07:24:12 pm »

Web: Toony's vote.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 18, 2023, 07:24:40 pm »

I would have preferred, so you know, the 'townier' way to handle those shenanigans, is to be direct and upfront, I think, about secrets being kept.

To start with sounding like you will announce the members, and then yanking that back, seems scummy.  Course, this is hard to plan.

But something like, "And with this information (perhaps why you decided to include me), my plan changes.  Let's discuss.  Jim, I'd offered you a spot.  Max, I'd offered you a spot.  I mean to have Imp take a spot, but I have reasons to keep a spot 'empty' (Or secret or whatever).  And then we discuss that right there, across all the hours we have, and it doesn't become a 'you sly, deal breaking, sneaking, this isn't what we discussed!' issue, a few hours before a vote.

The heck happened to Toonyman's vote?

Last true Toonyman Vote I believe is here:

I was fairly confident Tric was town, and it annoys me the shot was wasted in this way.

But I can't blame Jim for doing that.

Jack is mafia.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 18, 2023, 07:25:48 pm »

Web: Toony's vote.

You gonna tell me if your case is based on more than post count?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 207