Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78958 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2023, 09:52:26 pm »

Somebody who cares give me the fifteen second summary of everything that's happened so far.

Also can I shoot anybody and is anybody I can shoot worth shooting
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2023, 09:53:09 pm »

Jack "Anyone want to be a pirate?"

Toony "Pirates aren't town."

Jack "You don't want to be a pirate?? I am a pirate you're not invited!!"

Imp "Are pirates mafia? I'm confused."

FoU "Yes."

lol

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:39 pm »

Jack, vote Jim. Jimnosis.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2023, 09:58:43 pm »

Guessing Lenglon's RTD is a load of hogwash. Not nearly good enough for dragons.
You mean Egan's?

I feel like EuchreJack is better than nothing, but I'm not totally convinced that pirates exist and aren't just an alignment you can inspect as to make people think they exist. That's 100% something Fallacy would do.

Jim: I definitely saw someone voting for you, so try daykilling everyone until one sticks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2023, 09:59:34 pm »

Yeah. It's late and I should be in bed.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2023, 10:00:01 pm »

FoU "Yes."

lol

I trust your summary enough to vote EuchreJack over it.

Or I would if I could find a timely vote count to make sure I'm not about to hammer.

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.

Oh, oh dear.

Jim: I definitely saw someone voting for you, so try daykilling everyone until one sticks.

On it.

(Not actually on it.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:43 pm »

Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2023, 10:28:56 pm »

The reading continues, briefly. Starting from page 15.

Esteemed Maximum Spin

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.

That'll be a hard no, thanks.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten

I will be inspected as town
Why did you put it like this?

I'll second this question.

Esteemed Imp

It's getting to the point Esteemed doesn't look like a word now.

I am operating under the assumption there are at least four members of the mafia, given there are usually two in a nine-player game.

What are your thoughts about if there may be more than one scum team, and if you think that could be, what do you think of the likely scum team numbers?

Having considered it further there could be as many as eight mafia split over two teams, as Esteemed webadict ran a game recently with two scum teams, which had three each in a relatively small game. The townies thought there would only be four scum, I think as a consequence of the size of game, which caused one of the teams to get away with winning because the losing team, at least as far as I was a part of it, were unwilling to reveal there were probably more to them as it would be a bit petty.

Regardless, I think six is probably a good number for hostile-to-town parties, whether that's split between a scum team and some hostile TPs, or a couple of scum teams, with an open mind that there could be more.

do you have reason to believe Esteemed EuchreJack is something we need to worry about?

No.  Part of my posts are my reads to that point of play.  I don't expect I can keep up with the whole game as a whole.  I'll take it by parts, measured (if that works for me) by what happens in between my various posts, with my posts full of what I see fit to mention for myself and others.  That also helps me notice what jumps out at me later in rereads, a reminder of my thinking at the time.

I answer no specifically to 'Do I have reason'.  I'm leery because I had Pirates mentioned in my DM and EuchreJack mentioned them first of us all.  Also how he discussed them and his talk of what happens when he dies and what he claims about that item.  It has my attention, I don't have facts about it beyond what I initially said.

Do you think it's possible Esteemed EuchreJack possibly misread or misunderstood their PM and are now trying to walk back on it a bit?

Possibility of a Jester?

Possibility of scum-aligned-horrible-role-if-they-get-lynched shenanigans? Esteemed EuchreJack offering themselves up because they will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine if we lynch 'em :o

End for now, not quite finished reading the top post on page 17, so I suppose that'll be where I start next time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2023, 10:30:52 pm »

I step forward in response to the Guardian's demand and then give my answer to the demand for my Class
"I'm a modern mage, here to climb the tower to prove myself and help my friends achieve their lifelong dreams. What can you tell me about the trials we are likely to face on this journey to the top?"
"Then step past the threshold, if you dare. The challenges which wait are deadly in character and will test your will, bravery, and brutality, but mostly the last one."

I am a Knightwing Class. Now lemme in plz
You step into the tower to find a bustling marketplace, because I'm not going to come up with wholly original ideas for this. A couple small stands line the hallway before you, which terminates in a spiral stairway leading up, to further challenges.

"You must state your Class to proceed."
I approach the guardian and exclaim, "I am an officer of the law; I demand passage!"
"The Law has little bite out here, little one."

"ummm I'm an ANT. Can you tell me if you were a protector, who would you protect?"
"I would protect myself, of course."

I state that class-based systems are instruments of authoritarian oppression by the wealthy meant to create a means of division among those without wealth, and therefore cannot categorize myself as any one Class in solidarity with my Town brethren.
"It is unfortunate that we are defined by systems even as we deny them." You walk the path of the Communist.

The Dragon steps forth.

"You scare me not little one. My scales burn thee, my bones are steeped in curses of death. And yet I persisted. What hope do you have to bar my way?"
"All the hope invested in me by billions the world round, my friend. And how can you hope to maneuver inside the dungeon, as large as you are?"

Esteemed Egan_BW, I am world-class, obviously.
You are the world. This poses certain issues regarding entrance to the dungeon, but may provide certain advantages as well.

Egan_BW:
Hey so...
attendance is mandatory ... "You must state your Class to proceed."

You claim we can't not be there.  But what if we don't choose to proceed.

And what happens to you if we won't play that game with you?
It is too late, you have already attended. The brick spire before you reaches to the clouds, your vision of it confirmation that you are part of these proceedings here-on.

"You must state your Class to proceed."
Just a racer, passing by.
You adjust your racing helmet and step inside, standing beside Knightwing the Knightwing up there.

Look, I don't want to break keyfabe too much, but I have no idea how to work this into RP, so: Pirates are red colored. I feel this implicates EuchreJack.
"Miss guardian? Um, you seem to care about the color associated with a person, but, um, aren't you blind? How do you know about who's red and who's not and what all that means?"
"It's never about the colors themselves. It's about what they represent."

Roll Action: Shoulder past the useless guardian. Class has been claimed, so out of the way.
[2]
Your head and neck pass through the gateway, but your shoulders are too broad and masculine! Oh no! And you can't get back out, of course, because the doorway is glamoured to only allow passage in one direction. To tell the truth you're pretty lucky that your blood isn't all getting trapped in your head unable to flow back down your neck. Must be a safety-doorway.

Spoiler: char (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2023, 10:31:21 pm »

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.
I am soft and cuddly.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2023, 10:37:26 pm »

Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!

No thanks, I know Jim would shoot me over you.
That being said, the latest quote of your post shows that I misread your response.Egan confirming Pirates are Red didn't help things.
Switching to Imp.

So yeah, I'm definitely a Miller. And you are all seeing why claiming Miller is stupid.  That said, if I'm going to recruit 3 players with it, they probably have a right to know.

I feel like EuchreJack is better than nothing, but I'm not totally convinced that pirates exist and aren't just an alignment you can inspect as to make people think they exist. That's 100% something Fallacy would do.
Best way to explain it, thanks Max.

Webadict has been distinctly non-assholish so far which gives me bad vibes, but it’s not something I’m willing to vote on.
An interesting observation Knightwing64!
I mean, I generally think Web is more of an asshole when he's scum, but you are looking!

One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.
Egan, thanks for clarifying. Fallacy, of course, did not tell me that.

Jack: due to the unpleasant experience I had as a town-ally third-party In Web's supernatural I have come to the conclusion that town-ally third parties shouldn't claim at all. Why have you claimed?
I'm in no way a town-ally. I am strictly town that inspects as, what we have now determined, a mafia faction. I was also trying to, you know, actually investigate Toonyman. Which was incredibly stupid of me, since he's the sort to turn that against you regardless of your alignment. F^@& ToonyMan.

EuchreJack, you really need to answer my question; it wasn't just aimless rolefishing. What, exactly, does being made a Pirate do besides give access to a group chat?
It changes your alignment inspection to Pirate.
As you can probably have guessed by my softclaim to Toony of "Millers shouldn't claim", my alignment inspect is also Pirate.

Funny thing about those two: I can't see anything that says Pirate is mafia.  For all I know, Pirate inspects as teal, brown, blue. In other words, my assumption was that it is a third-party inspection, not a mafia inspection.
Pretty sure they arrrrrrrr:

Let's talk about alignments. There will be a Town team, and there will probably be a Mafia team. I may or may not include Third Parties, based both on randomness and player count, and in an especially big setup I may or may not include a second scumteam with a name such as Werewolves or Gamers. Or in short, there will be a Town, and there will also be an anti-Town, which will probably be the Mafia.
I would like to mention, your quote does not contain the word "pirate".  Although I have hardly been doing a great job reading myself.

Well, getting voted out Day 1 over 17 other people is an accomplishment, of sorts.
There is another bonus to being on the Pirate Crew, but I'd rather not say, since I think I might not get voted out. Although, the three players will know it. Hm...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2023, 10:45:22 pm »

Spoiler: char (click to show/hide)

Might as well add EuchreJack The Pirate Captain. Somebody has to die to the first trap we encounter, fitting way to write me off when I get mislynched. Make sure to emphasis how stupid I am. Like a guy walking into a poll in slow motion.

But hey, more time for video games and laughing at you all.  I am mildly offended at people calling me a Jester.

But I know the truth:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2023, 10:46:12 pm »

I'd say you could recruit me, but it would be a bad idea.
Because you're a Godfather and angling for a Town inspect?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2023, 10:47:44 pm »

I said I inspect as Pirate.
What do YOU inspect as?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2023, 10:48:16 pm »

FoU "Yes."

lol
This is bullshit and I don't know why you get away with it.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 207