Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78994 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2023, 07:32:18 pm »

Oops, forgot: Unvote for now

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2023, 07:32:40 pm »

"You scare me not little one. My scales burn thee, my bones are steeped in curses of death. And yet I persisted. What hope do you have to bar my way?"
Tric, I know you know you're not supposed to post in red except to vote, so please don't do that again.
K. Unvote to fix that bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2023, 07:38:39 pm »

I'd say you could recruit me, but it would be a bad idea.
Awh, and we did so well until evil Toonyman joined us.  :'(
Oh well, guess others get the chance.

EuchreJack, you really need to answer my question; it wasn't just aimless rolefishing. What, exactly, does being made a Pirate do besides give access to a group chat?
It changes your alignment inspection to Pirate.
As you can probably have guessed by my softclaim to Toony of "Millers shouldn't claim", my alignment inspect is also Pirate.

Funny thing about those two: I can't see anything that says Pirate is mafia.  For all I know, Pirate inspects as teal, brown, blue. In other words, my assumption was that it is a third-party inspection, not a mafia inspection.

Jack: Please do not recruit Max or Toony. I would prefer not to explain why I am making this request until day 2, but will if it is insisted upon.
Max said it would be a bad idea to recruit him, and that is good enough for me.
I was never going to recruit Toony. He's too tricky as scum to risk it, and he's talented enough as town to not need it. He also got way too many chats in one of the Kill Webadict Nows, so there is a bit of compassion in that as well.

Also: See my above post as my "opening salvo".
I can say that inspections should be taken with a grain of salt. Given my ability has the downside of turning people into SK-ally inspects.
Yeah I submitted Dragon, sue me. Still ended up town. (nibbles on a fried Nakeen.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2023, 07:42:00 pm »

Look, I don't want to break keyfabe too much, but I have no idea how to work this into RP, so: Pirates are red colored. I feel this implicates EuchreJack.
"Miss guardian? Um, you seem to care about the color associated with a person, but, um, aren't you blind? How do you know about who's red and who's not and what all that means?"

Egan: How do you know pirates are red?

Jack: due to the unpleasant experience I had as a town-ally third-party In Web's supernatural I have come to the conclusion that town-ally third parties shouldn't claim at all. Why have you claimed?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2023, 07:45:11 pm »

One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2023, 07:50:16 pm »

Roll Action: Shoulder past the useless guardian. Class has been claimed, so out of the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2023, 07:53:38 pm »

Now I don't even know what we're doing with Jim because nobody is on the same page. In terms of actual leads, there's no way that there's this many millers, at least one of them inspects non-town.
There might be but if there are this many millers then I doubt there are a lot of godfather-esque roles
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2023, 08:10:49 pm »

Lenglon:
Would you please each make your case for why / why not pirates are scum?

Game this big, we surely have red Pirates and red Mafia, one or more navy serial killers.
I have reason to think we face red Pirates, red Mafia, and navy Serial Killers
Also, in my dreams, Pirates filled the seas with red.

If I die by action of Pirate, Mafia, or SK - you benefit your enemies more than you benefit yourself.  I predict you and your team (if you have a team) will wish someone else had killed me, and killed me later in the game at that.

omg.  Okay, Pirates are scum.  They are red.  They need to die for town to win.

FallacyofUrist I wish to ask you here:  Pirates, if pirates exist or come to exist, would they be anti-town?

I also remind all of this:
I can vouch for Imp here: My alignment inspects as Pirate instead of Town. This leads to me believe that Pirate is at the very least not a town alignment. Jack appears to be siding with or as a pirate here, which is not town behavior.

You appear to know quite a bit Imp of the Rings, thanks for enlightening us.

I don't know anything about Toony, but this super caught my eye.  Granted, soon after I said, Toony answered, I then learned I outed myself as 'the MacGuffin, or more' to scum-at-start.  I don't think Toony if scum would openly thank me for that, but it sure makes me shiver, and not 'shiver my timbers' but it sure disturbs my dreams.

---

Speaking of dreams, I am reminded of a still-spinning story.  The first known use of macguffin was from one of Alfred Hitchcock's works back in the 1930s, but he supposedly borrowed it from an older 'shaggy dog' story, where a dude on a train with a big package gets questioned by fellow travelers.  He says the package has a 'macguffin', which he says is used to catch tigers in the Scottish Highlands.  The group argues there's no tigers there, and the dude shrugs and answers, "Well, then, this must not be a MacGuffin."  It may not be a way to catch tigers, but maybe the MacGuffin is a way to know who watches the watchers?

---

My deepest thoughts about this:

I think Pirates as a scum faction may not even exist yet.  They may come to exist, and be scum.

I have reason to believe that if I willingly join with others, some interesting things happen.  But I am town.

I am only ever gonna agree to join with town.  That is part of why I am not not not interested in being recruited and I am sure not volunteering for anything except I do ask to be considered as a protection target if someone chooses, and especially protection from conversion if there is that sort of protection.  Because I am town and I do not not not not not want to become scum.

There's other reasons why if pirates as described actually are not scum, and we're all really sure of it, that I really wanna be one - which is not not not a yes from me right now, EucherJack.  However, if we do somehow establish that no, Pirates are just another flavor of town... I would wanna be one.  But they are red, Pirates are red.  In all my dreams, where I see Pirates, they are red.  I don't think I can agree to become one.  But darn, you worded that nearly perfect.  I really wish I could say yes, EucherJack.  As is, I'm scared to even vote you, for fear voting you, or being part of lynching you, might be part of how you get a chance to convert.

One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.

I confirm that I see the colors green, red, and navy in my PM.  I do not specifically know anything about Egan_BW, and I would not (and did not) not use the word 'hunter' for describing those navy folks.  Serial Killer is what I understand navy to mean.  Navy is a shade of blue.  I don't know anything about 'blue' itself or about 'hunters'.  But if I can find out who watches the watchers, maybe I will know more then.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2023, 08:18:17 pm »

The OP lists several colours for alignments, where Serial Killers are navy and Hunters are a lighter blue.

I do not know anything about any alignments, except, I guess, Town. But that's not really separate information.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2023, 08:22:50 pm »

FallacyofUrist I wish to ask you here:  Pirates, if pirates exist or come to exist, would they be anti-town?

In the opening post, I state that no alignments outside of the listed ones may exist. Pirates are not explicitly listed as an alignment. However...

(Very Rare, Requires Large Game) The other scumteam may take up any villainous-sounding factional name. They share the same rules and win condition as the Mafia - and yes, they will need to fight the Mafia in order to achieve their win condition, and vice versa, because it turns out this town isn't big enough for two groups of murderers.

The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2023, 08:48:55 pm »

Welp.
Unvote
EuchreJack: There appears to be a critical flaw in your claim.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2023, 09:00:02 pm »

Guessing Lenglon's RTD is a load of hogwash. Not nearly good enough for dragons.

Shouldn't you be voting Toony too for being a Pirate Lenglon?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2023, 09:01:42 pm »

Guessing Lenglon's RTD is a load of hogwash. Not nearly good enough for dragons.

Shouldn't you be voting Toony too for being a Pirate Lenglon?
Tric: I'd need two votes to do that.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2023, 09:02:26 pm »

Webadict has been distinctly non-assholish so far which gives me bad vibes, but it’s not something I’m willing to vote on.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2023, 09:06:34 pm »

So Knightwing, got a take that isn't SK-Ally-ish?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 207