Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35228 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #375 on: January 22, 2024, 09:37:05 am »

Well, she blames the fact that she ended up so far back when killing the big bat. Or the fact she didn't have a cool steed or jetpacks or anything but it took Mirage Siren an amazingly long time to reach where everyone else was.

Upon seeing no sign of the Black Mirager, she detransformed and simply huffed out a slighted-sounding

"I suppose that tramp got away. Oh, fiddlesticks."

Upon catching sight of the three new potential idols, Arisu instead sprouted a brilliant smile and grinned.

"My, are these guests or are we having some new blood in stock?"

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Himedera Arisu of Afternoon. Mirage Siren. The ever-gorgeous and bewitching star of the show."

There was a moment where the small lady seemed to puff up with pride before slowly reaching out a hand forwards.

"Indeed. You may now bask in my presence."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 22, 2024, 09:49:38 am »

Abigail exits the building, now back to her casual clothing and a familiar cup of coffee on her hand. The night only aided towards the tiredness that she had to battle until she could hit the sack. Coffee would only delay the inevitable.

As the blaring lights and alarms of the emergency vehicles pierced the night, Abigail felt a soft pull on her necklace. An invitation to her primal self - to the spirit of Conquest. It reminisced her of Setsuna's song, the echo that imbued her every strike on the battlefield.

On her way out, she notices Araki with an unknown person by their side, which perks her dim curiosity.

"Hey, metalhead. Who's this friend of yours?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 22, 2024, 10:03:51 am »

All Araki did was give Setsuna a thumbs up to the suggestion of collaborating before she was called away.

: Ah well. The doc's probably gonna talk to her anyways.

Then Abbie came around.

: Who, this? He pointed with his thumb at Seitaro. New hire hopefully. You saw 'em during the fight, right?

: Anyways, seems like everyone's accounted for. Maybe we should head somewhere else, instead of bein' in the way here.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 22, 2024, 10:22:44 am »

"Uh huh. Basking. Right."

Misaki sighed. Ah, this type. She'd liked most of the Miragers she met here a lot, but... Well, she didn't seem like she was in Fire Soul so maybe she wouldn't have to deal with them much.

...It was a good thing she was too tired to consider starting crap.

"Mukawa Misaki. Afternoon's the same agency as KNIGHTMARES right? Miyuki's probably mentioned me."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 22, 2024, 10:37:06 am »

Abigail sighed, giving a short glance towards Siren before shaking her head. "New hire. Well, at least they know what they're getting into. And about taking leave... might as well take on that offer. After what just transpired, I'd appreciate some food myself, even."

She then turned towards Misaki, her introduction and the mention of Miyuki - her workmate - gaining her attention.

"You'll learn to tolerate Siren. It's one of the drawbacks of the job." Having made such comment, Abigail took a sip of her coffee, giving a long satisfied sigh after finishing its contents.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 10:46:28 am by LyfeldLesk »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 22, 2024, 10:49:16 am »

-snip-
At this, Hikari tilts her head at Arisu, before releasing a delighted squeal.
"Himedera Arisu! Wow...she's so cute, isn't she? I've always loved her "princess" aesthetic, it's so cute!"
"You're....definitely someone who can always see the bright side of things, aren't you, Minase?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 22, 2024, 04:21:48 pm »

So that is Himedera Arisu. That's a personality he can deal with better. Which doesn't mean he prefers that type of personality over the unexplored frontier that was Setsuna's. And this tingling feeling... ... no, that's not originating from him. Weird. Very much so.
In any case, Himedera. At the very least he can relate to Misaki being instantly annoyed.
"Errr... As much as I'd like to, there were so many things to bask in and so many presences to witness tonight, would it really do justice to you if we started to do the same now?"
"My name is Imaeda Seitaro. Potential new Fire Soul idol."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2024, 09:39:07 pm »

"Mukawa Misaki. Afternoon's the same agency as KNIGHTMARES right? Miyuki's probably mentioned me."

"Mayhaps? She may have mentioned you. Once or twice." Whether Arisu was actually paying attention back then was another matter entirely.

"You'll learn to tolerate Siren. It's one of the drawbacks of the job." Having made such comment, Abigail took a sip of her coffee, giving a long satisfied sigh after finishing its contents.

"And tolerate? TOLERATE? The nerve! Were I not so amazing, I would almost think you disliked me, Abigail."

At this, Hikari tilts her head at Arisu, before releasing a delighted squeal.
"Himedera Arisu! Wow...she's so cute, isn't she? I've always loved her "princess" aesthetic, it's so cute!"

Her mood was then instantly improved by Hikari's squeals.

"Indeed! Indeed! Indeed! It is only right that one with many talents as myself would garner such undying applause! Truly, you, with such discerning eyes, too will go far!"

"My name is Imaeda Seitaro. Potential new Fire Soul idol."

"A pleasure to meet you too. Now, as you too are to become my new co-workers, I shall grant you the privilege of calling me 'senpai'.

"Indeed! That has felt so good to say!"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 11:57:08 pm by ctsun »

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 23, 2024, 01:34:35 am »

Momiji stayed a bit away from the other just listening to everything going on.

"Well if they can regularly perform half as well as they did today. They will be fine doing either idol or Mirager duties." She said not really directed towards anyone.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:49:52 am by rustytengo »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 23, 2024, 02:48:09 am »

"I'm curious what kind of sound they will have when put together... but then, Galactic☆Fairy has an eclectic sound all our own as well; it would be hard to sort any of our members into just one genre, let alone the group as a whole. I suppose defying convention is what defines Fire Soul Agency."

Nagase looked over at the new potential recruits as they spoke to Arisu.

"While I am happy to have some juniors to look after, I can't help but worry this was more than a 'normal' Amanojaku attack. That dark Mirager and her, for lack of a better term, antirhythms... The fact she just happened to show up at the same time as the Amanojaku says it was coordinated to me, and what's more, she went after Javier directly."

"If she shows up again, she won't escape a second time. She has too much to answer."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 23, 2024, 03:24:45 am »

Abigail snorted, a shit-eating grin filling her face, with a glint of satisfaction passing through her eyes.

"Oh, I don't dislike you, believe me. I just tolerate you."

Shaking her head, trying to hold her laughter in, Abigail directed her gaze towards the newbies.

"Name's Abigail. If any of you join the Fire Soul Agency, I'll thank you now for taking some of the work out of my hands."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 23, 2024, 08:33:09 am »

"No, but have you seen Himedera-senpai's stage outfits? Ugh, I badly wanted to wear one as cosplay last year, but it's way too expensive to try."
"Is there anyone who you didn't try to cosplay?"
"Araki-senpai. I love his style, but....I don't think I can pull it off."
"Figured."

At the mention of Amanojaku, Azusa perks up.
"Now that you mention it, yeah. It WAS kinda weird she showed up at the same time. And....that song. I'm pretty tough, but..."
She glances over at Minako. She elects to change the subject ever so slightly.
"I want answers too."
"Yeah, now that you mention it, her song felt...really weird."
"Like you were being drained, right?"
"No, actually. It felt...cold....artificial. I didn't feel drained or...anything. But...the song didn't feel right. Like she was holding something back. I didn't get close enough or fight her long enough to figure it out."
"Really? Even I was feeling that lady's song sucking all the energy out."

Minako frowns at that.
"You're the only one who's gotten close enough to her and not felt drained. There's too many questions here and I'm hoping the Professor has some for us tomorrow."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2024, 08:09:34 am »

"In other words, nothing we can do about right now if even the veteran Miragers are at a loss for words."
He lightly raises his right index finger to draw attention to himself.
"It's fine, I'd say even important, to brood and think about all that, but if that's all you'll do tonight, you'll be stuck in your thought process and won't get far. It's much better to brainstorm as a group together in a relaxed environment and there's a nice little izakaya I know around here..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2024, 10:36:38 am »

: Wait, why me? All you need is a big shirt with OUCH! on it, a spike collar and...

: ...

: OK, I get what you mean.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2024, 05:03:31 pm »

"I'll pass. I'm beat."
"Same. I'll need to make sure Kazuma gets himself checked out as well. You and him, Azu...you two are the same. You two need to both take better care of yourselves..." Minako utters exasperatedly, before going off to find the EUFON leader.

Azusa snorts.
"She's got interesting taste."
"What about you, Minase?"
"Yeah, I...think I need some time to think. On my own, I mean. I'll definitely join Fire Soul, though!"

As you all go your separate ways, you all consider the night's events, and prepare for what tomorrow might have in store for you.
Hikari spends most of the next day in a state of what might be described as almost religious euphoria, humming to herself all day. For the last few years, all she'd wanted was to perform alongside Azusa, and now she was going to get to do it for real. It was like a dream, and Hikari almost couldn't believe it. Only the weight of Brisingamen, sitting in her hair, told her it was real, as it pulsed gently, synchronising with her Biorhythm pattern, as she sang quietly to the song in her earphones.

"Aitai aenai awanai me mine..."

She just would also need to fight monsters on top of also keeping up. But then, that was the price of her dream. She was happy to pay it; protecting people from Amanojaku, performing alongside her idol and getting to sing on stage? It was everything Hikari could ever want.

She practically skipped through the grocery, grabbing a bottle of apple juice for herself, trying to suppress a laugh and avoid the weird glances she was getting.

And she had made so many friends, too. Misaki, Miyuki, Seitaro, Azusa...Tsubasa...

"I wonder how Miki is doing. He really seemed like he was enjoying himself, too. I hope he joins up with me!"

No, she could feel it. The beginning of the rest of her life started today, and it was looking bright.
Today, the wind felt refreshing and cool.

The Fire Soul Agency was headquartered out of a ten-storey building in downtown Sendo. Specifically, Fire Soul owned three of the ten floors; another three floors were rented out by some group or other that were moving in today, and the rest were owned by individual companies. One of those floors was devoted to recording and dance studios, the other two for Mirager activities, with a laboratory and various facilities. The roof was a green space, used by the building's occupants for lunch or other events.

Tsubasa enjoyed the feel of the wind, sitting atop the protective fence and absentmindedly mimicking a plane with his right hand. With his left, he held Fragarach up to the afternoon sun, the green crystal pulsing with blue energy within.

He'd always liked high places. It'd been why he learned parkour; he wanted to learn how to climb to higher places. It was the one thing he was definitely sure he liked; the feel of the wind in his hair, the bracing might of the skies beneath him.

Last night, he'd gotten to feel it for more than a few seconds in a windy day.

Last night was the first time that Tsubasa had felt like he belonged somewhere. Honestly, he had thought he was going to leave Fire Soul in a few months. He admired Kumon-senpai, he really did, and he viewed her as a personal friend - but even in this position, he felt restless, like it still wasn't right, like even leaving the stage hadn't been what he needed either. Sitting atop that motorcycle, flying Hikari through the air - he felt like that was what he wanted, to fly high. It felt different from everything he'd done before.

He yearned for that feeling again, and it wasn't going to be enough for Tsubasa to just climb higher anymore, not after that taste of flight.

And then there was Hikari. That silly girl. She had a one-track mind; music was what she liked, and all she wanted to do was perform with her idols and damn the consequences. He admired it, really, how she could fail the audition and yet still come and meet Azusa not even that much later with a smile. And yet he couldn't help but envy her; Hikari knew exactly what it was that she wanted. It was a feeling Tsubasa had never felt before, not before last night.

He wanted that feeling again.

Her song was something else too. Hers and Setsuna's; he'd felt the power of Biorhythm before, but both of them were something else. And something about Hikari's just felt good; it reached down to the depth of his being, made flight feel even more liberating. Maybe it was the sheer energy, maybe it was whatever Biorhythm strangeness the Professor had tested him for. 

Tsubasa twirled Fragarach around his hand, holding the crystal in his fist.

No, he'd made up his mind. He was going to make a comeback to the stage. The wind, the music, Hikari; all of it had awoken something in Tsubasa he hadn't ever been sure was there, and now it was time for him to indulge.

"Don't even think of leaving me in the dust, Minase. I'll fly high, just like you."

The thought of performing alongside Hikari put a smile on Tsubasa's face as a light breeze rustled his hair.
As Misaki and Miyuki approach the Fire Soul building, they hear a light voice behind them.

"Hey, Misaki!"

A girl in a white hoodie over a familiar school uniform approaches the Mukawa sisters. Misaki recognises her immediately - Nana Yukine, one of her friends from school. Amane-senpai was always trying to recruit her into the the kendo club, but the judo team were adamant she remain part of their club. Her grades were pretty good, too, always hovering somewhere in the top ten of the class. Misaki can recall a few times where she'd had to deal with a few secret admirers of Nana, and scared off a few who seemed a little too pushy - with immense glee, probably.

Still, despite her studies, commitments and surprising popularity, Nana always found time for Misaki. Indeed, Nana seemed a little desperate to get more of it at times. Almost like...best friends, one might say.

"I heard you two caught up in the Amanojaku attack last night," Nana inquired, tilting her head with a frown.

"You didn't get hurt, did you, Misaki?"

It seems Nana doesn't know about either sister's involvement in defeating the Amanojaku.

Nearby, Hikari and Seitaro are walking towards the building, having made it there roughly the same time.  The other Fire Soulers are, of course, in the office, waiting presumably. The EUFON singers were told last night that today was a day off for them, and so could be anywhere they pleased - including, of course, visiting the Fire Soul agency.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 05:06:08 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50