Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35221 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2024, 06:18:09 am »

"...."
"Mukawa, I assume you'll be going with your sister tomorrow to meet the Professor. I'd like to come with you. I have some questions about that."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2024, 07:10:46 am »

Araki watched as Seitaro came back looking disappointed.

: Have you tried singin' at 'em?
"Eh. I already sing enough about the apathy of people at the Dew Choc. A local music bar, pretty niche, but the audience is good."
"But, hey, maybe your vocal style might do the trick for these two stubborn guys, Araki-san? ☆"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 08:05:56 am by SirAston »

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2024, 07:51:14 am »

"Oh. Well that is weird. Y'think it's the Mirages or the people involved? or maybe both? ... Might just be they did some dirty work on another lost Mirage, and it's upset about it." Briar posits, looking thoughtfully towards where the Black Mirager had escaped. He didn't know much about the miragers himself, even if he did have one strapped around his wrist. Guess nobody really did, except maybe the professor. "Wonder why there were so few of them for a sneak attack. Coulda done more damage with more dudes, y'know?"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2024, 08:20:23 am »

: No need to say it twice.

Araki quickly slipped to where the bickering was and used the highest, most ear-splitting tone he could muster.

: STOP CARIN' 'BOUT THE MONEY / DON'T YOU SEE THE PLACE GOT SMASHED / NOW GET OUT OF THE WAY

: OR I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS

: Enough concert for you? Learn when to fold already, there's people hurt here that need help and you're wastin' everybody's time. Unless you wanna join them and be on the news for being a prick.

Without waiting for a response, Araki turned away from them and walked back.

: That felt good. Hope someone was recording.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2024, 11:23:51 am »

As Araki returns, Seitaro lets out a long impressed whistle.

"I'm a bit surprised you managed to do that without hesitation. I bet you'd have to 'graduate' immediately after that in every other agency."
"But if that's how things roll at Fire Soul... Congratulations, depending on how tomorrow unfolds, I might give this idol thing a try thanks to you."
Seitaro raises his hand for a high five.
"Plus, probably can't break the sound barrier with Nyghthowl without tips from the pros ☆"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2024, 12:02:45 pm »

: Now you're talkin'.

Araki went for the high five.

: We don't take shit from anyone, least of 'em the Amanojaku. You've seen what the oyabun's capable of, right?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2024, 01:18:38 pm »

Miyuki nodded.
"Of course."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2024, 05:23:19 pm »

"Thank you, Mukawa. You did good out there, protecting your sister."
She turns to Briar.
"No, I doubt it. Mukawa and her sister mentioned feeling the same thing, and I've been noticing Minase and Miki's Mirages resonate during that fight, too. Somehow, my Dyrnwyn is connected to Mordred. I don't know how or why, just that they are."
Haruka frowns, looking at her Mirage again.
"Of course the experts who work with EUFON probably won't know a thing about this, either. No point asking the suits."

As expected, Araki's outburst has a stronger effect. He hears the man scrabbling to escape.

"What élan, even after all that."

Seitaro and Araki hear the sultry, deep voice of Setsuna sashaying towards them. Despite her cool, confident appearance though, you can see from the mild trembling in her hands - being in the middle of a fight between Miragers and Amanojaku rattled her a little bit more than she lets on.

"You still have the energy to scream after all that? My, my."
"I envy you, Araki. Truly, they must make some interesting singers at Fire Soul."
"And you...Imaeda Seitaro, was it? Yes...you give yourself less credit. I must thank you. All of you. My staff and I owe you our lives."

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2024, 05:59:49 pm »

"Can't agree more, Sis. You tell me if you need a hand finding things or getting around, y'hear? I know the streets well enough to get you shortcuts that no GPS is gonna tell yah."

Briar starts heading out himself, already ready to get away before the reporters swarm in after the EMTs. If someone needs him they can grab him before he goes, but he seems to be content having checked up on the people most badly hurt by the whole ordeal. The civilians had already run away, after all, so checking up on them wouldn't work.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2024, 06:05:30 pm »

Araki flexed an arm in victory.

: Boundless energy if ya do what ya like!

: But it wasn't just us. The whole biorhythm thing... you can do it too, am I right?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2024, 07:11:58 pm »

"Biorhythm? Is that what you call that?"
Setsuna looks puzzled.
"I felt I had to sing, and so I sung. It was that simple."
"It was not my fault that our guests were so rude as to interrupt."
"Those girls. Mukawa Misaki and Minase Hikari. They are with you, no? Such élan belongs on the stage."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2024, 05:06:55 am »

Araki shrugged

: Ask the doc if you want specifics, I only know the name she gave it.

: But it was about the same when I first did it years ago.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 22, 2024, 07:39:18 am »

"I see."
Setsuna tilts her head.
"To have such presence on the stage, such energy...I'm jealous."
"I'm no Mirager, though. But...I would be open to a creative collaboration some time soon."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 22, 2024, 09:00:13 am »

"I wouldn't be too jealous in your shoes, Kamisato-san. There was an entire Amanojaku attack and yet your singing reached everyone. If that ain't 'stealing the show'-levels of stage presence, I don't know what else is."

Seitaro then rubs his nape. Even though he is a flirt himself, he never had someone on a level like Setsuna talk to him, making him feel a bit flustered. Eloquent grace isn't his strong suit and he knows that.

"And... Regarding saving you, it's really not worth mentioning. I just went along with the hand fate dealt to me. I wish I could say something noble like 'I wanted everyone to have the chance to make their voices heard,' but then I'd be lying. I awakened, I heard your singing... and then I followed the direction the wind was blowing, as usual for me."
"Collab sounds pretty good though. Guess the reasons for me to join Fire Soul are getting stacked now."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2024, 09:11:37 am »

"My, my. Fire Soul...you have some truly interesting individuals. I may have some conversations to make."
Setsuna taps her chin briefly.
"Don't be so modest, Imaeda. Others in your shoes might have not have been so brave. I almost don't know myself how I could stand to sing in front of such terrible beasts..."
Someone hollers Setsuna's name among the gathering throng of emergency services and news reporters.
"Ah, comme c'est dommage. Our time tonight is short. My staff is looking for me. I cannot disappoint."
"I hope this shall not be our last meeting, singers of Fire Soul. I want you to listen to my song, after all."
With that, Setsuna walks away towards where her name was called.

As she walks away however, Seitaro and Abbie sense something pulse briefly from Setsuna's person. Nothing like the energy that washed over them tonight as she sang; that was overwhelming. No, this feels oddly like a Mirage, as if something on her person was calling out to their own Mirages, however briefly.

Just as quickly as it showed itself, it stops, and Setsuna disappears.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:17:48 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50