Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14436 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 2: Deep Impediments
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2023, 12:26:21 pm »

Please pay attention, Tric. This is the more recent vote.

Also, from my perspective, assuming that the Canadian Kitten is indeed telling the truth, then Sofanthiel must be scum or Maximum Spin and Quarque were bussing each other.
The perils of manual votecounting I suppose. Fixed.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2023, 02:57:26 pm »

Responding to the cats is a waste of time now that I know who is who, and worse it gives them something to latch onto to create a distraction. But I'm at GMT+1 and hope to be sleeping when the turn ends, so I'll say something in case you dogs feel doubt.

When the turn rolled around I cursed myself for being overconfident. I was so sure about a1s. So this turn I worked for days to eliminate options one by one, and in the end it got the cats cornered.

You have seen me do this.

You know I can't fake this.

I think we got this.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 07, 2023, 03:00:07 pm »

Personally, I just stopped caring. I'm actually hoping the game ends.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 07, 2023, 03:39:47 pm »

Responding to the cats is a waste of time now that I know who is who
Great excuse to completely ignore the answers to all the questions you've asked me!

None of that would have made any sense if the scum team had been Sofanthiel + Crystalizedmire. My first instinct was right after all.
If you're so convinced you know who the cats are, why not shoot Max, the primary reason we eliminated the doctor, the person we've been suspecting throughout the entire game, and the one Imp tried cracking down on, first?  For anyone genuinely thinking it's the two of us, in what world would it make sense to lynch me on day 2?  At the start, it was Max and a1s; now it's Max and I, but it's never "let's just get one of the cats out by voting Max".  Why is that?  Oh, maybe because you're a team and, as long as you don't plainly side with him, there's no way you could have some kind of symbiotic relationship.  You're the reason he's in the game, and it seems the reason he's making it to day 3.  Provided you really believe that your initial instinct was right after all, vote Max (which I was sure I did earlier, but no matter) with me.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 07, 2023, 03:58:24 pm »

I will add that I am not going to cause a last minute panic again by obeying you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 07, 2023, 04:29:50 pm »

lol

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 07, 2023, 04:31:06 pm »

I'm not trying to emotionally push you with a sentimental "give me another chance"; instead, I'm trying to figure out how the reasoning you provided actually makes sense.  Even if you personally don't wish to switch (yeah, obviously), at the very least answer my questions.  Or do you also "not answer questions unless you feel like it"?  Ignoring my attempts at logic just shows that you know that, in the end, it really won't matter because there won't be another day during which said explanations could be beneficial to anyone.  Ultimately, I want you to spend these last 2 hours being somewhat active on the off-chance that both Crystal and TCk see the flaws in the above arguments and reconsider the situation; otherwise, the game is already lost for town.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 07, 2023, 04:38:17 pm »

Maximum, you mentioned that you've stopped caring and lost interest in the game quite a few times now, though it seems like you're still closely monitoring the thread based on the timing of your (admittedly not always extremely constructive) comments.  What's up with that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 07, 2023, 04:40:50 pm »

I've got nothing better to do right now. Might as well find out if I win.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 07, 2023, 05:01:55 pm »

Isn't it a tad early for victory mockery?

Even if you claim this to be a joke or something that's not a joke but also not true, it just doesn't line up with your iconic playstyle:
My playstyle is WINNING.
...Unless you're only pretending to not care, of course, but why would anyone ever do that, hmm?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 07, 2023, 05:07:31 pm »

It all depends on how you define winning.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 07, 2023, 05:57:15 pm »

Goodbye, dog-eat-dog world.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Night 2: Tick Tock Dog Gone Stopped
« Reply #312 on: November 07, 2023, 06:29:34 pm »

(4) Sofanthiel: The Canadian Kitten, Quarque, Crystalized Mire, Maximum Spin,
(1) Maximum Spin: Sofanthiel
Not Voting: 

Disturbed the the death of a truste Dog, Quarque leads the bark and demands that everyone bowwow. They travel, and talk, all while one stays suspiciously silent. Sofanthiel. No dog knows where they go to mark their territory, and their home smells of bits and bolts, sulfor and oil leaving a harsh stench. When they turn to question them, the accused barks that it wasn't them, but another. Do not follow the Quarque. But after subdual, it is clear. This is no Dog

Their plates are clean and stainless, but they lie all the same. This is a Henchman of the cats, with strange unknowable circuitry telling it to bring down all dogs for catkind. To help bring about a new age for the Cat Kingdom. So long as it exists, it will do it's best to kill dogs. And so, the Pack descends upon it, tearing it into broken tubes of strange neon gases and shattered gearboxes.

Despite finding a traitor among them, it also reveals something else. This false dog could not have been working on it's own. It is a robot, neediguidance else it give up the game entirely. There is still 1 remaining that seeks their death, for dogs to no longer question in there home but go gently beneath the paw of the Cat Kingdom. They gather together in a park, carefully keeping watch, distrustful. Until eventually they disperse, believing it better to not give Cats an easy meal.

Night 2 has begun. 24 Hours to Submit Night Actions.
As the Henchman has been found, Cop does not need to submit one. Only the Godfather remains.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 3: Quarque No More
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2023, 09:21:51 am »

Sunlight breaks over the horizon. The Dogs reassemble under the Pack Leader, but Quarque the Dog is nowhere to be found. They never made it home.

Still, there are scent-clues they can pick up, confusing as they are. But soon the pack will be too small to defeat the Cats, and they shall trod dogs underclaw.

It is the Final Day. You have 120 Hours, or 5 Days to Lynch the last Mafia. You can vote to Shorten after the first 72 Hours, or 3 Days.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:28:22 am by TricMagic »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 3: Quarque No More
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2023, 03:07:20 pm »

It's pretty clear at this point who is the remaining scum: Maximum Spin
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23