Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14429 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 2: Deep Impediments
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2023, 01:21:15 am »

Have to say, weird method of questioning.
Well from my experience in earlier games I know how uncomfortable it can be having to lie and I thought that playing on a guilty conscience could work to an extent. Plus I liked doing a little roleplay, it fits in the theme the GM was setting. (Have you seen Bladerunner? I love the tortoise scene.)

To be fair, I was busy writing a story.
Hmm. You did have time to post on the forum and leave again while I was waiting for a response for hours.

can you just quickly explain just the thought process of you going from "CM wants no elim, therefore probs town" to "CM wanting no elim, fits into them being scum"?
At first I thought: they'd never do this if part of a scum team.

Then I thought about it again and refined that a little. If part of a noobish scum team with limited guidance, I can see it happen. They'd never do this when part of a scum team, if being coached by an experienced player. This is the main reason why I don't believe the scum team can be Crystal + Max.
Not a completely waterproof argument - it could be that Max is bad at coaching or something. But it adds to the pile of incriminating evidence against Sofanthiel.

Anyway that was part one of the thought process. I could write a whole lot more about how I started to see it as an argument in favor of Crystal being scum and at the same time still an argument against them being on a scum team with Max, but maybe I shouldn't do that yet, see below.

I'm a lot more divided on CM to be honest. I feel really hard to form opinion actually so I will check back and return with some research
Max and CM are both a little hard to get a grasp on. I can list the hints I found, but maybe you prefer to do your own research first so you do it with the most open mind possible? We've got some days left.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2023, 10:17:39 am »

I just find the idea of CM trying to go for a no lynch, after having done a game where everyone basically explained why it's terrible for a no lynch during the first day odd.
What happened is that I knew that I wouldn't be able to do anything on thursday because I had school and piano class that day. But I realized I was just voting Maximum Spin because everyone else was voting Maximum Spin and I didn't read them as scum. So I voted no Elim because I knew that not voting would be worse.
Hmm. You did have time to post on the forum and leave again while I was waiting for a response for hours.

can you just quickly explain just the thought process of you going from "CM wants no elim, therefore probs town" to "CM wanting no elim, fits into them being scum"?
At first I thought: they'd never do this if part of a scum team.

Then I thought about it again and refined that a little. If part of a noobish scum team with limited guidance, I can see it happen. They'd never do this when part of a scum team, if being coached by an experienced player. This is the main reason why I don't believe the scum team can be Crystal + Max.
Not a completely waterproof argument - it could be that Max is bad at coaching or something. But it adds to the pile of incriminating evidence against Sofanthiel.

Anyway that was part one of the thought process. I could write a whole lot more about how I started to see it as an argument in favor of Crystal being scum and at the same time still an argument against them being on a scum team with Max, but maybe I shouldn't do that yet, see below.
Sofanthiel was also against no elim:
You know, when I list out the possibilities like that, No elimination seems like a better option.

Crystal, if we don't eliminate, scum can shoot at completely random, landing us right back to day 1, except now there's 4 town and 2 mafia.  The only upside for dogs that I can perceive to opt to not lynch is if:
A) The cop knows who to investigate at night, and
B) The doctor knows to defend the cop.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2023, 11:38:56 am »

Forgot to respond to this, I was procrastinating from posting in this game by procrastinating from writing my story.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2023, 01:20:33 pm »

A question for Maximum Spin. Early on your first vote was for Sofanthiel. Why?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 05, 2023, 02:08:21 pm »

Sofanthiel was the last player not to have spoken. I wanted to pick someone who hadn't already been in a conversation to do a vibe check on, so he seemed like the best choice. Also, as a bonus, it let me make the comment about the teams being the same, which I found funny since I had the same role again, which I was hoping to subtly hint at.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 Take 2
« Reply #275 on: November 05, 2023, 03:14:41 pm »

Ah right I didn't notice that, he was the last to speak up.

Oh, and, Quarque, you know, you can test your utterly bizarre "a1s and Spin team" theory either way. At least give me a chance?
Did you expect that I would change my mind about you after finding out that my theory was wrong, by the way?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 05, 2023, 04:38:28 pm »

Sofanthiel was the last player not to have spoken. I wanted to pick someone who hadn't already been in a conversation to do a vibe check on, so he seemed like the best choice. Also, as a bonus, it let me make the comment about the teams being the same, which I found funny since I had the same role again, which I was hoping to subtly hint at.
Wait, the doctor is dead, The Canadian Kitten(?) already claimed cop with no one challenging them, and it isn't unlikely that someone would be vanilla twice in a row. What do you mean by the teams being the same?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2023, 06:13:11 pm »

Wait, the doctor is dead, The Canadian Kitten(?) already claimed cop with no one challenging them, and it isn't unlikely that someone would be vanilla twice in a row. What do you mean by the teams being the same?
I mean that I accused sofanthiel and Quarque of being the mafia again, somewhere in my first few posts. I didn't really think it was likely, although it's technically possible - I doubt that Tric would change it if it happened to roll out that way. I was just using it as a springboard for my opening.

Did you expect that I would change my mind about you after finding out that my theory was wrong, by the way?
No, although I kinda hoped that, if you're town, you might at least reevaluate.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2023, 07:58:44 pm »

No, although I kinda hoped that, if you're town, you might at least reevaluate.
Yes. Indeed, I am trying my best to avoid confirmation bias and reevaluate objectively. I asked because it is a little odd that you expected me to discover my theory to be wrong.

All right, I'm town again.

I'm also the doctor, and due to another GM error I know all the town players, so mafia had better be sure to kill me first. No slacking off!

That means you, sofanthiel.
Unless the emphasized bit here was

checks notes

not a joke

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 05, 2023, 08:04:05 pm »

Something doesn't have to be true to not be a joke.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2023, 08:12:06 pm »

You get the point, though? a1s looked very scum and you'd voted for them too. I would think you had expected them to flip scum.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 05, 2023, 08:32:09 pm »

You get the point, though? a1s looked very scum and you'd voted for them too. I would think you had expected them to flip scum.
I... did, yes. I can't say I get your point.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 05, 2023, 08:41:00 pm »

Oh. I see. I scrolled back for a second and it turns out I just didn't read your whole post.
I asked because it is a little odd that you expected me to discover my theory to be wrong.
No, I expected you to reevaluate after we discovered your theory was wrong. Before that, I expected to have to convince you that I would have picked literally anyone but my partner to try to convince you to vote for in place of me if we really had been a team.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2023, 11:35:02 pm »

Canadian, any updates on your research yet?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2023, 11:26:25 am »

Time is starting to run out and I still want to ask Maximum Spin a question.

I've tried my best to get a read on CrystalizedMire but when all is said and done, I feel a bit like I'm trying to find a pattern in white noise. Any insights you're willing to share?

There is a bus going on, that much is certain. But that doesn't help much. It could be that you are a team with Sofanthiel and you two bussed each other day 1 (although bus is a big word for your initial vote), or it could be that the team is Crystal and Sof and Crystal did a bus. Unfortunately neither sounds very unlikely, so all of this hardly helps.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23