Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14426 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 2: Deep Impediments
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2023, 12:13:49 pm »

Canadian, any updates on your research yet?

Unfortunately this "dog" was too lazy to delve too deep into research. What does seen to of occur to me is that past town CM seems more confident than hereish.

Sofa felt like a safe bet anyways.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2023, 01:27:34 pm »

I'm honestly unclear on why you seem to think I would trust your efforts to control the narrative, though. Why shouldn't we think the team is Quarque and sofanthiel or Quarque and Crystalizedmire? To a certain extent, your indecision feels like a delaying tactic.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2023, 02:30:25 pm »

Actually, the answer was there in front of my nose all the time. The last thing Sofanthiel did before apparently giving up and going AWOL was to try and convince CrystalizedMire & CanadianKitten that the scum team was you and me.

Crystal didn't play along and Sofanthiel gave up.

None of that would have made any sense if the scum team had been Sofanthiel + Crystalizedmire. My first instinct was right after all.

Apparently you're now trying the tactic you also tried against Imp. The most active player isn't town, no, they are clearly scum for trying to control the narrative. Priceless: first you say that I would reevaluate your alignment if I was town, and if I actually do, it is a sign that I am scum. And I am also indecisive, how very scum. Says the person who hasn't voted, or done anything except floating very vague theories.

If that is your tactic, good luck.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2023, 03:10:32 pm »

I'm inclined to believe that the scum team is sofanthiel and Maximum Spin because scum Quarque cannot convincingly scum hunt.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2023, 05:56:35 pm »

Tick Tock, goes the clock, a day to decide, whose name to bark at the sky.
23 Hours Remain.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2023, 06:28:01 pm »

Hey everyone!  I was very busy over the weekends, so my apologies for not properly keeping up with the conversation.  I'll try to put more effort into this last subday, but right now I'm going to bed because I haven't slept in longer than would keep my brain sufficiently functional to discern a mafia game, of all things.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2023, 07:03:31 pm »

You sound almost like someone called you back into action. ;)

Sleep well, then.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2023, 10:25:50 am »

Evidence #1, with TCK cleared, the only alternative is that the scum team is Crystal + Max and that is something I find really hard to believe.
Evidence #2, you actually didn't say much at all except when you really needed to. It didn't catch my attention as much during day 1 but now it is striking.
Evidence #3, you were oh so eager to announce the deadline. Exciting isn't it, a deadline when you are scum? Only a few more minutes and you've made it through the questioning.
Evidence #4, we have been a scum team before. Your hysterical throwing of accusations is something I can easily see your scum self do. Weird how little effort you were putting into investigating the situation, or your usual casual chatter.
1. From your perspective, yes; nothing to really argue there.
2. I just don't see it.  This seems like a blank, unsubstantiated observation to throw blame at me.  If you think otherwise, please provide evidence, but even if I have been less active by sheer number of posts, I'd argue that this whole game has seen a lot less dedication than past ones I've participated in.
3. Really?  I've done this exact thing in almost every mafia thread.  It's obvious you're grabbing onto anything even slightly less-than-ordinary and twisting it to fit your narrative.
4. We've been in a scum team for half a day, and, furthermore, I didn't exhibit the behavior you're describing.  My answer to the last part is the same as #2.  Oh, and Quarque, what's so hysterical about my accusation?  The fact that it's directed at you?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2023, 11:16:09 am »

So, process of elimination. If a1s was not the other scum, who is? Crystalizedmire came up with the brilliant idea of a nolynch last turn and that means they're almost certainly town. No one else among us would think it is a good idea and a scum partner could have made them many things, but surely not this.
Crystal, I wanna point out how Quarque's unfounded exclusion of you from the list of potential suspects seems like a subtle way to get inside your head and buddy up, subconsciously influencing your subsequent vote, which worked by merely going unnoticed.  Of course, Qua didn't know that TCk was a cop, but if you go through all the possibilities, it makes sense how choosing a person to put on a pedestal of townliness universally helps in that situation at that point in time.  Logically, how does promoting a nolynch, especially after we've already had a relatively lengthy discussion about nolyches being harmful to town in this game, guarantee one's dog alignment?

The last thing Sofanthiel did before apparently giving up and going AWOL
I recognize that I should've informed you guys, but come on!  There's a reason Tric gave us 120 hours instead of the usual 72, so I thought there'd be no issue with a 2-day departure.  That's a matter of out-of-game circumstances, and a LOT of what you've been discussing while I was away is that very thing!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2023, 11:23:00 am »

TCk, Crystal, I urge you to make up your own minds and not go for "safe bets" simply because they're what's been most echoed by a single person!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2023, 11:33:01 am »

So what are we doing now? I lost interest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 07, 2023, 11:57:50 am »

(3) Sofanthiel: The Canadian Kitten, Quarque, Crystalized Mire
(1) Maximum Spin:
Not Voting: Maximum Spin, Sofanthiel

As Daylight savings has screwed over my sense of time. I'll set the clock for 6 hours from now.(take 3-2 minutes) Starting now. (Soon as it hits the hour mark.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 12:25:13 pm by TricMagic »

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2023, 12:02:40 pm »

That vote count's a bit off, chief.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2023, 12:03:19 pm »

Please pay attention, Tric. This is the more recent vote.

Also, from my perspective, assuming that the Canadian Kitten is indeed telling the truth, then Sofanthiel must be scum or Maximum Spin and Quarque were bussing each other.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 07, 2023, 12:05:16 pm »

Oh, everyone's voting for sofanthiel? I thought people were still voting me.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23